It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS, do any of you have your own stories regarding Time Skips or the like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was recently perusing a thread about people who claim to have experienced strange time related phenomena, such as time skips, or changing timelines. One story I have seen a couple of times involves a person having distinct memories of some important historical event in their lifetimes, such as Nelson Mandela being executed, and then waking up one day to find out that he's alive and kicking. Do any of you have stories like that? I personally have never experienced anything like this, but I'm interested in the stories of anyone who has. Please keep in mind that this thread is about relating stories/experiences, not debating about whether or not time skips or time jumps are real.

Mods please move this to the correct forum if I have chosen the wrong one. Sorry, I don't usually post threads.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

Nope.......

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

When I was 12, I was driving in upstate NY with my father and 4 other people in a VW bus at about midnight, the passengers in the car including myself fell asleep one by one, then my father, the driver of the vehicle "fell asleep". We found ourselves in a gas station 40 miles away from our last known location, well off the route we were headed down with NO IDEA how we got there. At the time I wrote it off to my father's uncanny ability to drive while asleep, but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Although I have never personally had such an experience I have read a fascinating book on the subject. Time Storms is full of accounts of these events.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have had several events of missing time and time skips.

For instance, the other night I was knocking back some Jim Beams for a good 8 hours or so, I think I might have been posting on ATS here & there during that time, and all of a sudden.... I woke up in bed at noon the next day! It was crazy because I have no memory of how I got to bed!

I also experience time skips when I play video games like The Sims.
At one point I'll look at the time and it will say 9pm, then what feels like an hour later, turns out to be 4am! Where does that time go when playing that game??

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've had a few mysterious time slips or missing time.

One was when I had a very important appointment to go to. My son had arranged to drive me to it about 2:30 pm. I was at home going about my usual routine of showering, tidying up my house etc. I looked at the time and it was 11:15 am, so I had plenty of time to be ready for this appointment. I sat down on the sofa for a moment. Suddenly my son comes in and is annoyed I'm not ready to go. I wasn't dressed, hadn't fixed my hair like I would to go out. Its just not like me to not be ready to go, especially if I arranged a ride by somebody.
I was just sitting there completely baffled if how it jumped from 11:15 to 2:30.
I hadn't fallen asleep. I just sat for a moment and time jumps ahead three hours. It was so strange.

Years before this, the first time it happened was me losing one whole hour and being late for a job interview. I arrived at the interview in a coffee shop one hour late. The guy who was interviewing me came back at the exact delayed time, saying he had a feeling I was going to lose an hour and gave me the job anyways. I couldn't believe I still got the job. He said he knew it wasn't my fault, that he believed I lost an hour somehow.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I have,and i think it occured in my case,round '86 or '87.I have 2 distinct memories of living in an apartment block-where i Never lived.Very distinct memories.Yet when i look back now,i Know i never lived there.Superfreaky.Such a strange thing,these are the only 2memories i have of living there,and its vivid snatches of memory,undeniable,yet its impossible.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
2 weeks ago Mali was the #2 gold producer in Africa
now it's #3

also Billy Graham coming back to life

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Small stuff mainly, I'll clear security to get into work, then I'm smoking in the courtyard
with small "blips" where I can't remember how I get there, or I'll complete a couple of small tasks here or there and an hour has gone by.
Something you're experiencing, or just a new interest?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Driving back from Florida once we had been partying hard for 2 weeks and it was 10 at night and had been rainng hard for hours. I couldn't drive anymore so I pulled into arest area and it was packed. Found a spot leaned the seats back and the next thing we know it's 10AM and a cops banging on the window thinking we were dead he said. So hot in the car we couldn't stand it 12 hours gone just like that

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Funny... I read that similar thread too in which some people thought Nelson Mandela was dead and couple of days later, without bringing it up 3 girls I was hanging out with started talking about it, 2 of them thought he died in the 90's as well, I thought he was still alive.

And in regards to time skips, when I was like 12 yrs old I remember one day I was on my bed at around 8pm and just decided to stare at the light bulb... then within a minute my mum comes in the room to wake me up to get me ready for school, but it was 8pm... or so I thought, it was 6am the next day... I stared at the light bulb for over 10hrs and to me it seemed like it was 1-2 mins at most, will never forget that, freaky as.

top topics

join