It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Dorner Caught On Surveillance Video Purchasing Scuba Gear (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Chris Dorner Caught On Surveillance Video Purchasing Scuba Gear (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner is still on the loose, but a purchase he made two days before he went on his alleged murder spree may give some clues where authorities should look.

According to surveillance video obtained by TMZ, Dorner purchased scuba gear at a sporting goods store in Torrance, Calif., on Feb. 1.

The video shows Dorner carrying two small, yellow scuba tanks which, according to sources, he had filled with oxygen. Dorner then left the scuba section with the two tanks along with a third, black tank, LAObserved.com reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tmz.com

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It appears with all the planning and stockpiling of weapons that Dorner alluded to in his manifesto the item he saved for last purchase was scuba equipment.

I think this man has planned to be a fugitive for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this manhunt went on for months.

I would hate to see anyone else get hurt, but watching this drag out in the MSM, and keeping the awareness on police corruption in the news doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

We have no clue what contingencies and theaters this man has planned for....But I highly doubt he is hanging around outside his leftover burning vehicles toasting marshmallows and waiting to be captured...

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I doubt the oxygen in the scuba tanks is for diving. More for breathing while immersed with gas.

That, or the explosive properties.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They have him in custody ( at least that is how this reads )

Got him
edit on 11-2-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
I doubt the oxygen in the scuba tanks is for diving.

I just assumed the "oxygen" reference was poor journalism and lack of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
They have him in custody

Got him

Dude... the article in your link says they charged him with the crimes.

It does not say he is in custody.

If they had him in custody, why would the end of the article reiterate the $1 Million reward?

edit on 11-2-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

link   
I just caught this a few minutes ago as well.
Hopefully the "second cop" manifesto makes it harder for the MSM to shift focus away from the corruption aspect of this story.

edit on 2/11/13 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

link   
Its not pure oxygen. I bet hes going to use it like the guy above me said gas or after setting fire to walk in. The yellow tank is used in firefighting and i bet people wont distinguish the difference.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

They have him in custody ( at least that is how this reads )

Got him

No they don't. If they did it would be headline news across every MSM outlet and a google search turns up nothing. That link you posted also just details the highlights of recent events.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Yeah amended my comment.
How can someone be charged without first being arrested?

I am obviously confusing this with being 'formally charged' .

Hate sensationalist MSM reports! Nothing new here but a new word added!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Maybe he swam to mexico along the coast?
Wasnt he trained in underwater demo?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
Its not pure oxygen. I bet hes going to use it like the guy above me said gas or after setting fire to walk in. The yellow tank is used in firefighting and i bet people wont distinguish the difference.

That's what I thought. I bet this guy has a full firefighter gear load out. If that is true, look for him to set fire at one of the corrupt cops locations and show up as a responder and dispatch the person and leave before anyone even knows what happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
That's what I thought. I bet this guy has a full firefighter gear load out. If that is true, look for him to set fire at one of the corrupt cops locations and show up as a responder and dispatch the person and leave before anyone even knows what happened.

There are many new possibilities for his strategy now that they suspect he has scuba tanks.

In fact, I bet some politician somewhere is dreaming up new legislation to ban scuba gear, or at least require a permit and a waiting period.

But Dorner is 6'4" and 270 lbs, so maybe he will be able to get away with carrying and concealing the tanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Maybe he swam to mexico along the coast?
Wasnt he trained in underwater demo?

The size of the tanks he has in the video is maybe 2-3 air and not under stress and or heavy use. He could use it to swim but would use it up fast.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

With a One Million Dollar bounty on his head, you can be sure that he is just more than a cop killer.
There is definitely something theyre not telling us about this guy, Ill bet he knows some things about someone or some people very high on the food chain.

You can be charged with a crime "in absentia"
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I very much doubt first off he would wait and spend so much time planning only to buy something that would be very important at the last minute when he would know it would be cought on cam unless he wants to throw them off on purpose and bought it to make them think he plans to use it in its proper use..

If he really was going to get it and use it I would think that he would order it online where it would less likely to be tracked or bought locally from someone off the internet in person where he couldn't be on camera buying it..

So i think this would either be to throw someone off his trail or to be used for another purpose then scuba diving.. Since there is no water to go in that i know of or at least the water would be freezing in the area that they wre looking for him where its snowing.. So maybe he wants them to think he would be going somewhere that would require it or something. Or he plans to use the tanks for a bomb since it would work well to make one.

I am not surprised they still haven't caught him... I think he has planned this out MUCH better then they could ever have expected, what I am surprised about is he hasn't killed anymore of the cops but possibly he is just waiting them out, waiting for them to drop their guard, they cant hide forever and he is just waiting until the right time to strike..

He could have a secret bunker somewhere that no one knows about stored with food and weapons and he went there to hide out, let things blow over a bit, then when they least expect he will strike again. that is what i would do.

The serial killers that make long term careers that is how they do it you never go on a killing spree.. sometimes they will kill someone and wait 5-10 years before they do it again or might kill 2-3 people then stop for a while, ect.. if you keep going you are more likely to get caught..

I am sure if this guy lays low, already established fake paperwork/documents, has cash/gold stored away and a secret place to go that he didn't tell anyone about he could do this for a long while without issue especially if he crossed over to another state where people might not even care to be looking for him.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Maybe he has an underwater bunker or found an underwater cave entrance in big bear lake?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Yeah amended my comment.

I am obviously confusing this with being 'formally charged' .

Hate sensationalist MSM reports! Nothing new here but a new word added!

No worries
I read where he was charged as you did and immediately made the same assumption.

Not to mention how bad it reflects on my fortune telling abilities as I had just predicted this would last
"for months".

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

If they had reported he had been charged "in absentia" as was pointed out by Juggernog, it would have removed all confusion.

But that would have been just a boring re-iteration!

One interesting point in my BS link, is that they will be probing the reason for his 2008 dismissal.
It could be interesting to see what that upturned rock reveals - assuming it is done with full transparency.

Sorry for the false positive.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
I doubt the oxygen in the scuba tanks is for diving.

I just assumed the "oxygen" reference was poor journalism and lack of knowledge.

Yes, I assumed the same. It would be nice to know for sure. It would give a clue as to their intended
use. Considering his underwater training I would assume the tanks would be filled with a regular
low depth scuba mix....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join