It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think civilians wont attack military people, you are wrong.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I get tired of seeing so many unpatriotic post of how military people are going to turn and start killing civilians. This is a sickening idea of how citizens of this great country see and respect those who protect them, whether domestically or in foreign lands. There will always be bad people on both sides of the coin, ALWAYS. It is human nature. There will be those who file in as the order is given, citizens are no different, and if you need a GOOD EXAMPLE of how sickening citizens can be against others take a look at unions, but that is a different topic.

People need to grow up, stop hating on people in uniform. That 18 year old boy who left his parents to go fight in a desert as a volunteer. That 18 year old is keeping terrorist and people who want you absolutely DEAD from being able to sit down and plan without having soldiers hot on their heels. It is absolutely disrespectful to not only that 18 year old patriot, but his and her entire family for sacrificing so much for you to sit there and be a BIGOT.

If SHTF scenario happens, and I assure you it will in some form, fashion, or/and shape. People will do anything to survive. Yes some will do what they are ordered to feed their families, others will not. Citizens of THIS COUNTRY (USA) have shot at military trying to save them in Katrina, so yes citizens will attack military people as well. Please stop generalizing every person that wears a uniform into a crowd of psychopathic lunatics hellbent on killing you, because you are just as much of a threat as they are in a SHTF scenario.

Please for the love of God, I beg the citizens of this country to stop playing games and take a government, economics, and history class. It is absolutely horrendous how ignorant the voting crowd is in this country, uneducated and indoctrinated. I am not trying to offend any of you, if in fact you are offended then you are guilty of playing too many games and not caring about learning what made this a once great nation, that is a judgement you put on yourself, and a path in life you chose and continue to choose, so don't hate on me, and pelase stop hating on our young brave patriots. I am a old crusty military now, hate me, I don't care, but the majority of our military is young patriots who on days like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays of their children, Anniversaries of their loved ones are DEPLOYED TO A DESERT FOR YOU! Have some respect already!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

This is a sickening idea of how citizens of this great country see and respect those who protect them, whether domestically or in foreign lands.

Yea, yea, yea. They protect me from the big bad sandal wearing peasants in mud huts, 7000 miles away, wh.o are only trying to expel a foreign army from their lands

Understand this, the only soldier that ever came close to protecting me from anything was my older brother when I was about 12 years old.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but they were not deployed to a desert to save us, they were deployed to a desert to keep the military industrial complex flush with cash.

The fact that we are sending our military on adventures across the globe is fueling the fires of terrorism, and making more enemies every day.

The fact that they are using terrorism as an excuse to take our liberties is not keeping us safe either.

Yes our service men and women are largely young patriots, unfortunately they will be ordered to do things that will leave a permanent stain on their souls, and many of them will find out that it wasn't doing anything to keep us safe.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
any country sending its children to another country to fight a war based on lies, deserves what it gets.

that 18 year old boy fell for those lies, and will probably die without knowing his government was full of #.

you coming here and telling people they are unpatriotic for nto thinking in the same stupid way you do, is highly offensive. you recognized this and tried to make it look like that wasnt your intention. but it was.

you sir are a shill. whether paid, or just brainwashed by the system .. doesnt matter.

you keep pimping the warmongers propaganda. someone will reward you for your idiocy one day.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

We just have to come to grips with the fact that we did a job that no one else wanted to do, without the promise of glory, so that they can sit here on ATS and say these things about us. It's ignorant to blame the troops and the vets for the faults of the government, not everyone is like that though alot of people appreciate it.

I can accept some nut jobs making us out to be psychopaths knowing that the good majority of people appreciate the military.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
you did a job no one else NEEDED to do, you waged war on a low tech people, without care or concern for how the world would turn because of it.

the policy of your government and the behavior of your soldiers earned you the reputation you now have.

if you cant see the world is a far worse place for your foreign expeditions then you are truly lost.

ps. i too am former military.

america's never ending unilateral war on a verb will not end well for global humanity.
of course, you ra ra ra .. semper fi types .. all you care about is that there is another person you get to go over seas and shoot for not believing what you do.
or not giving up the oil your government wants...
or not having a central bank your wall street can exploit.

you shoudl feel shame for supporting your government.

also patriotism is a disease. like religion it brings out the very worst in people.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

I guess the propaganda doesn't work here, like many above mentioned.
No soldier has EVER died for my freedoms since I have been breathing.
In fact, the last soldier that ever died to preserve my rights died in the 1860's
There is a reason why the military uses that 18 year old boy, they want ....need em young and dumb.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
I get tired of seeing so many unpatriotic post of how military people are going to turn and start killing civilians.

I come from a military family myself and I support the men and women in our own armed forces.

Honoring your country with your service is a patriotic act.
Patriotism however, is devotion for your country only, her traditions, history, culture and values... NOT for your military, or even the political agenda of a current administration in government, so critizising those cannot be unpatriotic.

A true patriot should know this.
edit on 11-2-2013 by ColCurious because: typos

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sorry eaval but you brought it up.

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed. They have done more for decency, for honesty, for education, for the betterment of the race, for the developing of character in man, than any other association of men."
Clarence Darrow

"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms is treason. If a man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool. There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other."
Abraham Lincoln

"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."
Frank Lloyd Wright

"The labor movement means just this: It is the last noble protest of the American people against the power of incorporated wealth."
Wendell Phillips

"The American labor movement has consistently demonstrated its devotion to the public interest. It is, and has been, good for all America. Those who would destroy or further limit the rights of organized labor--those who cripple collective bargaining or prevent organization of the unorganized--do a disservice to the cause of democracy."
John F. Kennedy

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."
Abraham Lincoln

My friends, it is solidarity of labor we want. We do not want to find fault with each other, but to solidify our forces and say to each other: "We must be together; our masters are joined together and we must do the same thing."
Mother Jones

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

Are you talking for about 80% of the population that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed. They have done more for decency, for honesty, for education, for the betterment of the race, for the developing of character in man, than any other association of men."
Clarence Darrow

But you know anything can be corrupted, and I don't see them as what they once were or what they actually worked for...Today they are full of people, much like the government, that just want your dues to pay their salary, and a pretty nice salary it is....
edit on 11-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skagnetty
reply to post by Eavel

We just have to come to grips with the fact that we did a job that no one else wanted to do, without the promise of glory, so that they can sit here on ATS and say these things about us. It's ignorant to blame the troops and the vets for the faults of the government, not everyone is like that though alot of people appreciate it.

I can accept some nut jobs making us out to be psychopaths knowing that the good majority of people appreciate the military.

The great Smedley Butler likened the military to the thugs for the mafia. While the military doesn't make the decisions, it is the boot which the government uses on the necks of foreign lands. If you believe the government is bad, and you serve as a hired gun for that bad government, at some point you have to be ignoring the need for the reconciliation of bad logic.

I appreciate that there are people who are willing to die for me, but I wish they wouldn't. The military is a huge drain on our economy, and is being misused horribly.
edit on 12-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brice

Unions are a leech in the modern era. Their usefulness ended with such laws as the FLSA. Now they exist solely to increasingly enrich their membership just enough to keep the union dues flowing.

What is needed is robust labor markets driven by a consistent economy. This is the role of government: to create environments where, at a minimum, continuity is maintained. Wildly swinging labor markets....that is a sign of poor government.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
I get tired of seeing so many unpatriotic post of how military people are going to turn and start killing civilians. This is a sickening idea of how citizens of this great country see and respect those who protect them, whether domestically or in foreign lands. There will always be bad people on both sides of the coin, ALWAYS. It is human nature. There will be those who file in as the order is given, citizens are no different, and if you need a GOOD EXAMPLE of how sickening citizens can be against others take a look at unions, but that is a different topic.

People need to grow up, stop hating on people in uniform. That 18 year old boy who left his parents to go fight in a desert as a volunteer. That 18 year old is keeping terrorist and people who want you absolutely DEAD from being able to sit down and plan without having soldiers hot on their heels. It is absolutely disrespectful to not only that 18 year old patriot, but his and her entire family for sacrificing so much for you to sit there and be a BIGOT.

If SHTF scenario happens, and I assure you it will in some form, fashion, or/and shape. People will do anything to survive. Yes some will do what they are ordered to feed their families, others will not. Citizens of THIS COUNTRY (USA) have shot at military trying to save them in Katrina, so yes citizens will attack military people as well. Please stop generalizing every person that wears a uniform into a crowd of psychopathic lunatics hellbent on killing you, because you are just as much of a threat as they are in a SHTF scenario.

Please for the love of God, I beg the citizens of this country to stop playing games and take a government, economics, and history class. It is absolutely horrendous how ignorant the voting crowd is in this country, uneducated and indoctrinated. I am not trying to offend any of you, if in fact you are offended then you are guilty of playing too many games and not caring about learning what made this a once great nation, that is a judgement you put on yourself, and a path in life you chose and continue to choose, so don't hate on me, and pelase stop hating on our young brave patriots. I am a old crusty military now, hate me, I don't care, but the majority of our military is young patriots who on days like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays of their children, Anniversaries of their loved ones are DEPLOYED TO A DESERT FOR YOU! Have some respect already!

This seems too much like a troll to be believable.

At any rate, what is patriotism really, and why do you seem to care so much about it? I think you're caught on fantasy ideals that were (and still are) large propaganda messages pushed over the last 70+ years or so.

The US military is used as an international police force at the expense of US taxpayer dollars. If it is not, name one time the US military was needed on US soil to protect it's citizens from "terrorists" or others invading its lands (in the last 100 years)?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

You do know that Germany had plans to bomb and then later invade america correct? They tried to make a deal with mexico as well. But other than that the soldiers have not been used to really defend the country. Still I support the INDIVIDUAL soldier and not the top brass. The top is paid well anything below captain is suck pay really.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Does anyone even remember that this country is the same country that sent Russa running with its tail tucked between its legs as well. They found out it was unwinable, and the cost of life was to great. Does anyone remember history?
edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder57
Does anyone even remember that this country is the same country that sent Russa running with its tail tucked between its legs as well. They found out it was unwinable, and the cost of life was to great. Does anyone remember history?
edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

during which actual engagement of us forces versus soviet forces did that happen?
oh it didnt?
the soviet union collapsed under the weight of its own failed economics, thats right i remember now!

or perhaps you mean when you used the same people you are now killing, to fight a proxy war against the soviet union in afghanistan?

to scared to fight yourselves so you sent goatherders in.

if you want to look at nations who have actually defeated russia or the soviet union you will find, the list does not contain a single american.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by brice

Clarence Darrow

But you know anything can be corrupted, and I don't see them as what they once were or what they actually worked for...Today they are full of people, much like the government, that just want your dues to pay their salary, and a pretty nice salary it is....
edit on 11-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Read comment by Wendal Phillips. We still need to balance the power of the corporation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by brice

Unions are a leech in the modern era. Their usefulness ended with such laws as the FLSA. Now they exist solely to increasingly enrich their membership just enough to keep the union dues flowing.

What is needed is robust labor markets driven by a consistent economy. This is the role of government: to create environments where, at a minimum, continuity is maintained. Wildly swinging labor markets....that is a sign of poor government.

I am so sorry you let your Unions be legislated impotent by the ruling elite. Go out and do something about it!
edit on 12-2-2013 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Nope.

I am a "individual responsibility" kind of guy. I don't allow myself to be a victim. And I don't need anyone to save me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join