It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran releases images of drone production line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Iran has for the first time released images of the production line of an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) which is manufacturing copies of the US ScanEagle drone.

www.presstv.ir...

More fakery maybe? The missile launches are photoshopped, the fighter plane is a toy, the supposed videos and pictures taken from the drone (even know video is only streamed), and some from Google Images.

These might be just small toy planes, that fly, and maybe can record video (heck we have these at toys r us now) but I doubt any can carry and fire a weapon.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of Santa’s workshop

To be honest, It would not surprise me if Iran has been manufacturing some type of drone. Its cost effective and can be deployed in large numbers without risking the lives of pilots. It only makes sense the Iran would follow suit to take advantage of the technology.

Future combat seems more and more likely to be conducted from arm chair in front of a control station.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

More fakery maybe?

Why is anything coming out of Iran that may challenge the rest of the worlds technological military equipment automatically assumed to be fake? UAVs aren't a new development in warfare considering the first UAV used for recon was used during the 50s. Do you really think that there aren't any engineers living in Iran that haven't been working on the technology all this time?

Pima Air Museum

The MQM-57 Falconer is a battlefield reconnaissance drone designed for the U.S. Army in 1955. It is based on the Radioplane BTT family of target drones. They were intended to provide either still of video images of the battlefield. The technology of the time did not allow for real-time images and the drone had to be recovered and have its film processed before the images could be used. The Falconer entered service with the U.S. Army in 1958 and later with the British Royal Army. A total of 1,500 were built through the mid-1960s. The last of them were withdrawn from service by the early 1970s.

A timeline for UAVs

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

In light of some of Iran’s past claims, I think Calgarians comments are valid.

What better way to feed misinformation to an opposing nation then creating propaganda about military capability. Regardless of the claim, it is possible, even likely that this construction is under way.

The OP would not be doing his due diligence in light of previous events.

edit on 8-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm just wondering who they worked with for those special effects. They seem pretty low budget for a country as proud as Iran

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Sure, this could all be propaganda, but it also could be factual.

We made the nuclear bomb, then the Russian's followed suit.

We made UAVs, which is essentially a glorified remote control airplane. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Iranians are making their own.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Why is anything coming out of Iran that may challenge the rest of the worlds technological military equipment automatically assumed to be fake?

Because they've been proven to fake their abilities in the past. However, you're right about UAV's being a possibility for Iran. Especially if they've managed to recover a crashed one.

What doesn't make sense is, most countries go to great lengths to hide their tech. Why would Iran want to show their latest and greatest to the rest of the world. Unless, they don't really have anything great and just want everyone to fear their imaginary arsenal.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverking

Why is anything coming out of Iran that may challenge the rest of the worlds technological military equipment automatically assumed to be fake?

Because they've been proven to fake their abilities in the past. However, you're right about UAV's being a possibility for Iran. Especially if they've managed to recover a crashed one.

What doesn't make sense is, most countries go to great lengths to hide their tech. Why would Iran want to show their latest and greatest to the rest of the world. Unless, they don't really have anything great and just want everyone to fear their imaginary arsenal.

My thought process is this....

Iran is showing the world a glimpse of that they have.
Now ask yourself this....
Who would worry the most about Iranian military capabilities???
Israel, that's who.

If Iran can drag Israel into a preemptive strike over a bunch of photos of a UAV factory, who looks bad in the eyes of the world?

Israel.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that Iran is making copies of the captured scaneagle drone . It won't surprise me either if Iran starts mass production of RQ-170 Sentinel stealth drone .This was expected long before when they captured those drones.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Israel, that's who.

If Iran can drag Israel into a preemptive strike over a bunch of photos of a UAV factory, who looks bad in the eyes of the world?

Israel.

I see it like this:

Iran is under such wast military threat that they will use any intel gathered to try and adapt.

I see many good reasons to why Iran are building these things. Because they look just like the once the Americans use. Do you know what advantage that gives Iran. The Americans are going to go. Who's drone is that: ours or theirs? BANG.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by olliemc84

Israel, that's who.

Israel.

I see it like this:

Iran is under such wast military threat that they will use any intel gathered to try and adapt.

I see many good reasons to why Iran are building these things. Because they look just like the once the Americans use. Do you know what advantage that gives Iran. The Americans are going to go. Who's drone is that: ours or theirs? BANG.

I'm not denying that they are under threat. They obviously feel threatened by the actions of the US and Israel.

And let me get this straight? You think that just because they look like US drones that they can fool US radar and air defenses?

You do realize that we have the best pilots of actual MANNED aircraft flying in the best aircraft money can buy in the world, right?

I'll refer you to this report:
Iran Fires on US Predator Drone

The spokesman said that Iranian SU-25 "Frogfoot" aircraft intercepted the drone in international waters and then fired at it with machine guns. The shots missed and the drone moved beyond the 16 nautical-mile range and it was fired upon again though the shots once again missed. At that point "the Iranian aircraft continued to pursue the MQ-1 for some period of time before letting it return to base." Little believed that the Iranian jets tailed the drone for at least "several miles."

When an American F/A-18 or F-15 pilot intercepts an Iranian drone, they won't miss. The drone threat would be destroyed long before any soldier could identify it anyway.
edit on 8-2-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And let me get this straight? You think that just because they look like US drones that they can fool US radar and air defenses?

Well that depends on how Iran would use them. The US can be fooled just like any one else.

You do realize that we have the best pilots of actual MANNED aircraft flying in the best aircraft money can buy in the world, right?

On paper The US have all the best stuff and all the best pilots. Everything is just top nocks.

- But it dosent say on paper how well the US did against Iran. That war haven't taken place yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
These little guys look like they could be the explosives, themselves. Think of them as the poor man's cruise missile. Slow, small, fly under radar, could be relatively quiet. They could be an annoying diversion, for a real missile attack.

Just brain storming.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

When an American F/A-18 or F-15 pilot intercepts an Iranian drone, they won't miss.

The F/A-18 and F-15 are built to shoot downs air targets. The SU 25s are primary built to hit ground targets.

It dont even think it's right to even compare them.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Iran is playing a game of confusion, they get you looking somewhere else while their other hand is dealing the cards under the table.

They'll keep you guessing to the point where you cant tell whether you should worry or not and then its just too late because they'll still surprise you somehow with something so simple yet overlooked by everyone because they were expecting something bigger.

now this isnt a problem if the US was in the middle east, but the US is thousands of miles away, they can only take so much damage from Iran and that will be the end of that, but as for Iran, they are right there in the front line, reinforcements and supplies are right there which means its a tough game for Israel and Saudi Arabia if the US has to withdraw from the region due to high casualties and pressure from the home front.

But as the Iranians would say, 'everyday is Ashura and every land is Karbala' so in that sense martyrdom is a bliss

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Iran is scared the American Empire is going to turn there cities into a wasteland of nightmarish slaughter, like it has done over and over and over again in just about every country it brings "peace" and "democracy" too.

This is a serious and very legitimate fear of not only the Iranian government but also of the Iranian people too, so anything they can do to try and show the world they would not be such an easy target for invasion and occupation, is maybe a little bit more time before the U.S "because we care" bombs start dropping on there childrens heads.

Fake or not, thats how it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I can see the headlines now. House explosion in Boston thought to be drone strike by Iran! Information/disinformation. Who knows where this will lead.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Iranian was the first nation in the world used drones as military applications back in their wars with the Saddam Hussein (Ex Americans bed fellow).

Funny part of this kind of (propaganda) is that everyone religiously believes that they are working on NUCLEAR WEAPONS and its real and they must be stopped at any cost… while laughing at their other industrial capabilities.

Why is that..?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

You are trying to tell me Iran is building a blood thirsty fleet of NUCLEAR DRONES ?!?!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

My god I can see it now, Dirty Yellow Iranian WMD Cake Drones Strike Peace Loving Israeli Battle Tank Column.

I deffinatly do no want dirty bombed by Cake Drones, no thank you. I love freedom too much, they can keep there islamocommufascism while I look for reds under my bed. Take that Ivan!!!....woops, wrong decade!, I mean take that MOOOOHAMAD!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by amkia

You are trying to tell me Iran is building a blood thirsty fleet of NUCLEAR DRONES ?!?!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

My god I can see it now, Dirty Yellow Iranian WMD Cake Drones Strike Peace Loving Israeli Battle Tank Column.

I deffinatly do no want dirty bombed by Cake Drones, no thank you. I love freedom too much, they can keep there islamocommufascism while I look for reds under my bed. Take that Ivan!!!....woops, wrong decade!, I mean take that MOOOOHAMAD!!!!

No mate you got me wrong right there.

Whole world are afraid of Iranian (imaginary nuclear weapons, thanks to the zionazi regime of israeli BS and propaganda of AIPAC in US).

Bu whatever else coming out of Iran is laughable and FAKE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join