Iran releases images of drone production line

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Im not afraid of Iran, I go there on Holidays, its fantastic, better than my country and I was lucky to be born in one of the countries that matter, a white christian country, but I still think Iran is better. Its awesome and the more people that did go to Iran and enjoy it while it is still there, the better really.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You do know that those drones have IFF identifiers correct? Now to the eye they may be able to fool but to the IFF not so much. Its harder to fool that and as such would be targeted by any number of defenses.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by olliemc84

When an American F/A-18 or F-15 pilot intercepts an Iranian drone, they won't miss.

The F/A-18 and F-15 are built to shoot downs air targets. The SU 25s are primary built to hit ground targets.

It dont even think it's right to even compare them.

Why the Su-25 missed

Well, it can be difficult for a supersonic fighter to engage a super-slow prop plane -- which a Predator is. That's why the United States uses Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopters with snipers aboard to defend the airspace around Washington, D.C. (locals can see the orange Coastie helos tooling around DC's skies every day) against slow moving targets, like errant Cessnas.

So lets compare the Su-25 vs. what the United States uses for defending its airspace around DC. An HH-65 Dolphin chopper with snipers.

Is that a fair comparison. Which one wins out?

IMO it would be the Su-25 (whichever variant that was flying at the time). And I don't care if you think the comparison is off or not. Any well trained pilot should be able to shoot down a unmanned Predator drone flying at its max speed of 135 MPH or its cruising speed of 103 MPH with ease. Especially if that pilot is flying in a slower aircraft designed to take out hard targets on the ground.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by spy66

You do know that those drones have IFF identifiers correct? Now to the eye they may be able to fool but to the IFF not so much. Its harder to fool that and as such would be targeted by any number of defenses.

Exactly.

But since we live in fantasy land it should be easy for ANYONE to build a replica drone and confuse the most advanced military forces ever assembled in the world.

Smh

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And let me get this straight? You think that just because they look like US drones that they can fool US radar and air defenses?

Well that depends on how Iran would use them. The US can be fooled just like any one else.

You do realize that we have the best pilots of actual MANNED aircraft flying in the best aircraft money can buy in the world, right?

On paper The US have all the best stuff and all the best pilots. Everything is just top nocks.

- But it dosent say on paper how well the US did against Iran. That war haven't taken place yet.

The US would annihilate Iran. If war started you would see an exodus of military leaders abandoning Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah because believe it or not, most Iranians are PRO-WEST.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This reminds me of the supposed reverse engineering we did to the wreckage at Roswell. The aliens must have felt pretty certain we were too stupid to learn from their technology, much like the U.S. attitude probably was at first concerning Iran.

Can't stop a good idea from spreading though, the basic concept of a remote controlled airplane could be pulled off pretty easily by the Iranians, who aren't as dumb as some would like us to believe. How can we worry about the possibility of Iran producing nuclear weapons and not believe they could build a RC airplane?
edit on 9-2-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity and typos
edit on 9-2-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

First off, I would like so say that avatar is bad ass.

Back on topic:

How can we worry about the possibility of Iran producing nuclear weapons and not believe they could build a RC airplane?

Because it is beneath them to think that any other country in the world could potentially copy an American advancement in technology.

Hell, even if they DIDN'T hack into a drone and reverse engineer it, there is more than enough information online for ANYONE to refer to and build their own UAV.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The US would annihilate Iran. If war started you would see an exodus of military leaders abandoning Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah because believe it or not, most Iranians are PRO-WEST.

The only thing the US annihilate Iran on at the moment is; physical military power. But the war has not been fought yet.

So what you say means nothing.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So lets compare the Su-25 vs. what the United States uses for defending its airspace around DC. An HH-65 Dolphin chopper with snipers.

How can you compare a chopper with snipers to a SU 25?

What do they have in common?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How can you compare a chopper with snipers to a SU 25?

What do they have in common?

The F/A-18 and F-15 are built to shoot downs air targets. The SU 25s are primary built to hit ground targets.

It dont even think it's right to even compare them.

In an earlier post I was trying to enlighten you to the fact that no American soldier on the ground could be surprised by an Iranian UAV because our air defenses would eliminate the threat well before it actually became a threat.

Your response was the quote above.

You think for whatever reason that just because an Su-25 was built to destroy ground targets, which by the way have many different variants that include air-to-air engagements, that it couldn't possibly shoot down a Predator drone using its guns flying at a cruising speed of 103 MPH.

So what I tried to explain to you was that the U.S. Coast Guard uses helicopters with snipers on board to shoot down any similar drone type threat.

And you seriously think that Iran would be a worthy adversary against any western military?

Trust me. If Iran wasn't terrified of the repercussions they would've already attempted to wipe Israel off the map years ago. Ahmadinejad may be dumb but he isn't that dumb.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only thing the US annihilate Iran on at the moment is; physical military power. But the war has not been fought yet.

So what you say means nothing.

What do you mean what I say means nothing? You admitted that the US triumphs in the physical military power department. What else would one need to fight a war vs. Iran, especially considering the population is pro-west?

No war will EVER be fought because Ahmadinejad and Khomeini know they would be crushed. That is what I have been trying to say all along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join