It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My creepy experience last night-- 2nd time this has happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was in a deep sleep last night and dreaming or half dreaming/half awake-

I felt like I was being held very tight, but not in a terribly threatening way, like someone was cuddling with me a little TOO tight. I went to bed alone, but in that dream state, I thought it was my boyfriend.

I remember thinking- 'how could he have gotten here and into my bed without me knowing'. Realizing that 'woke' me up a bit more and I realized he couldn't have been in my bed. I tried to scream, but NOTHING came out of my mouth. I remember trying to wake myself up- I must have been lucid dreaming or something, but this 'hold' got tighter. After a few seconds/minutes, I was able to moan and speak and get myself awake and there was nothing next to me... For some reason, I wasn't that freaked out by it all.... I turned my lights on and went to the bathroom to go pee, as I'm peeing- all this water drains from my shower head -- this was at 3AM, so noone had showered in a while.

It was just a WEIRD night. I quickly ran back into my bedroom and went to bed with my TV on for the rest of the night....

Has anyone else had similar things happen?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This has never happened to me but I hope you are OK.
You say that you were held tight is there any evidence of bruising?
Are you on any medication that could perhaps induce this state of mind?
If not it must have just been all a bad dreammmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No lie but i had the strange feeling someone was in bed with me to last night, i was hoping it might have been a succubus. This site creates some creepy things. There are lots of people here who truly believe in the paranormal and when we all get together we get some creepy results. Your not alone.

BTW you didn�t happen to be watching the horror on BBC1 last night.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
no, wasn't watching the BBC, i don't live in the UK (i'm in Kay-Lee-For-Nia as our great Govenor would say)

i'm sure it was just a bad dream, but it felt very real. i have no bruising on me whatsoever. and normally i get very spooked over of the littlest noise, but this didn't creep me out the way it should have....

i said this happened twice - the other inicident was similar in that it was more of a lucid dream that felt very real. in the dream i was walking down the hall to the bathroom when i heard/saw something in our hall closet rummaging thru it. i tried to call out, but nothing would come out of my mouth. i touched the wall and that 'grounded' me in the dream so i was able to 'come out of it' and wake fully up. when i woke up, i was touching the wall. that night i was very spooked.

i got up to use the rest room and EVERY hair on my body stood up- it felt as if i was replaying the 'dream'....

[edit on 29-10-2004 by A J L]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis, happens to me occasionally for my experience check out this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is in human nature tho to assume that it was an alien or sumthing along those terrifying thoughts, y? because its one hell of a rush to think you just could have been abducted...

the thing is noone knows exactly y it happens so an alien encounter has not been ruled out!(tho in all seriousness i doubt it) or ne other similar experiences...

its freaky when you try to fall asleep again because you can feel it happening again...especially tonight you might have trouble sleeping...neways never fear its a common thing since anceint egypt.

also coming from a plumber family, the water dripping can be from that shower taken place hours ago, it happens.

[edit on 10/29/2004 by Zach]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Two possibilities:

Biological: Are you under heavy stress? Is there something weighing on you mind/spirit that needs to be lifted? Are you holding secrets from someone close to you and you're afraid of what they may think?

If the answers to 'Biological' are no, then maybe:

Paranormal: Something wants to hold you back, prevent you from moving and speaking in order to cause you fear and hopelessness. Oppression is evil. Talk to God, either way it can help.

Stuff to ponder, no PHD here...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is called sleep paralysis. It basically occurs when your mind wakes up but your body still thinks its in sleep mode, so you're awake but you can't really move or use your body. Best way to avoid this is to just go back to sleep.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I haf 2 say that sum people try 2 justify these supernatural occurences by using scientific explanations, but I believe that just like u never get in2 a conversation about politics and religion, u should never get into a conversation about the supernatural and scientific worlds.
I am only in my younger years myself and hav much to learn, but I do know that there are just some things out there that cannot be explained. I myself hav experienced an encounter withthe incubus and am now left mentally scarred from that. I do not believe that for one minute scientists can turn around and say it's all in my head. I sense that there is an ignorance towards such a happening becoz many have not experienced the terror in such an occurence. People with logical minds are ignorant towards the supernatural world and try to justify everything with a logical explanation, leaving us to believe that we're going insane, however we are very much sane!

I know that when I encountered my experience, I was speediy coming in2 christianity but was still very much a sinful person. I felt that God was calling me, but evil was trying 2 hold me bak. I am now a happy christian, and I dnt see that people also hav the right 2 judge christians by saying they wld find this stuff offensive. hose people obviously dnt know all christians, but they ones they do know r nothing like myself and the ones I know. I am sorry if i hav offended any1.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by angelbabee]

[edit on 30-10-2004 by angelbabee]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
im not doubting ur supernatural claims, im just saying that they call episodes like this "sleep paralysis." now whether or not it was caused by ur supernatural claims, thats for you to decide, uve seen the scientific evidence, you make the desicion.

PS: unles ur a hermanphrodite or tranvestite or shemale or w/e they call it, how did you encounter both the succubus and the incubus? if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?(angelbabee)

[edit on 10/30/2004 by Zach]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sorry bout that,
I actually think i stand corrected. Wot is a saccubus?
Sum1 described an experience like mine 2 me and described her as the one that would sit on top of u and choked u while the other one did their stuff.
As for the other question. I think that may b irrevlevant to this discussion.
How come u wanted 2 know?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
as a child i had terrifying dreams...so scary that in the evening i turned all the lights on downstairs just to watch tv in the livingroom, when it's time for bet i would turn the lights off one by one until i get to the stairs...when i dreamed it would be abut many different things, but i could not cry out. if i was being chased, held down or other things i could not cry out....or even run...everything was in super slow motin it seemed, anything i did i couldn't...that was so long ago i've forgotten everything about the dreams

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ya thats fine, i was just curious...well incubus is the male guy who rapes women, and succbus is the female who gets men:

www.occultopedia.com...

theres a nice resource for you.

ironically things like these and other things such as the "old hag sitting on me"(colonial times) have all the symptoms of SP:
watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

now im not doubting your claims im just saying that these things happen all the time, unfortunetly there is no proven reason why those such things as fear and stress have played significant factors in the development of SP.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences. It has only occurred when my husband is out of town. Some suggest it might be sleep paralysis. I am going to sleep clinic in a few weeks to get tested. I hope that is all it is. But I have my doubts. It never happened till we moved.

top topics

join