It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Talking Out Of Their You-Know-What On Solar Energy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg
I'm sure if the USA spent a fraction of their military and black ops funds into clean/renewable energy, they would be the world leader in that respect.

It's sad to say but it's going to be a fight to the bitter end with these power companies. As long as they can make a dime from it, they will try to keep us all hooked. Even if that means derailing the entire "clean/free energy" movement.

Really?
sacrifice national security for your opinion. Sounds great, how about stopping the government waste in entitlements, and taxing the 40+% who does not even pay taxes? Always trying to hurt the people that protect you. Smart move smart person

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I know I am going way out on a limb here but allow me to make a prediction.
The U S will not do any real serious efforts to convert to solar or wind energies until they have totally exhausted the worlds supply of crude oil. Then "suddenly" some break-throughs in energy production will occur and the "free-energy" sources will be made available.
This will, of course, not be called "free-energy" nor will it be free to the consumers. It will cost the consumer whatever the prices were for the last drops of crude. This way the energy providers will be set to make even more profits.
This is why we are still using fossil fuels and every other method has been put down or bought out to keep them off the market.

The bottom line is not only the name of the game. It is the only game in town.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
I know I am going way out on a limb here but allow me to make a prediction.
The U S will not do any real serious efforts to convert to solar or wind energies until they have totally exhausted the worlds supply of crude oil. Then "suddenly" some break-throughs in energy production will occur and the "free-energy" sources will be made available.
This will, of course, not be called "free-energy" nor will it be free to the consumers. It will cost the consumer whatever the prices were for the last drops of crude. This way the energy providers will be set to make even more profits.
This is why we are still using fossil fuels and every other method has been put down or bought out to keep them off the market.

The bottom line is not only the name of the game. It is the only game in town.

You give to much credibility to the government to having a brain and technology. Our country does not have a "walla" moment for energy or a product that is cheap enough for the consumer. and fossil fuels will not run out, hate to tell you that. It is expensive because of government meddling, but nothing to do with earths surplus of coal, oil, natural gas, shell, etc. Do not give the government that much credit, they are not that smart unless it involves stealing everything you worked for, then you can give them plenty of brownie points in corruption and theft.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

The USA is the Saudi Arabia of Natural Gas.
We also have enough coal to last us over 200 years!
Don't forget about the Keystone Pipeline.
I heard a rumor about shale oil in North Dakota. The economy is booming in that state!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

I am sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject.
After reading you reply, a couple of times, I am courious where I mentioned the government's involvement.
I tend to lay this situation at the door of the big energy companies. The government has, basically, become a puppet of these and a few other large corporations.
Actually these companies have ways of getting around the regulations which they wrote to hold down the competition.
If anyone has doubts about this I would suggest a little research into the relationship between the corp. lobbyists and those who write these regulations.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This had to be one of the most ridiculous things that I've ever heard on FOX NEWS, and that's REALLY saying something !

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
reply to post by Eavel

I am sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject.
After reading you reply, a couple of times, I am courious where I mentioned the government's involvement.
I tend to lay this situation at the door of the big energy companies. The government has, basically, become a puppet of these and a few other large corporations.
Actually these companies have ways of getting around the regulations which they wrote to hold down the competition.
If anyone has doubts about this I would suggest a little research into the relationship between the corp. lobbyists and those who write these regulations.

Hate to tell you, but it is the other way around. They big companies groveling for government acceptance. So in fact it is the government you are referring to. No other country has our capability in spending (for now) The big bad oil companies can be crippled overnight by EPA and government regulations, they do not want this as we are the biggest consumers of their product.

So you got it backwards.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This had to be one of the most ridiculous things that I've ever heard on FOX NEWS, and that's REALLY saying something !

Do yourself a favor. Watch the entire segment on solar energy.
She got 95% of it correct. She just fumbled the Germany question.

I guess the strategy at Media Matters is to jump for joy when a mistake is made on Fox News.
Then dismiss the Fox News altogether?

I guess that strategy sounds really good inside their heads.

Why is Fox News #1 in the ratings?
edit on 9-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

I guess the strategy at Media Matters is to jump for joy when a mistake is made on Fox News.

liberals flat out attack anything that makes their piers morgan look bad, but they do not realise their idols are all garbage.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm sure if the USA spent a fraction of their military and black ops funds into clean/renewable energy, they would be the world leader in that respect.

It's sad to say but it's going to be a fight to the bitter end with these power companies. As long as they can make a dime from it, they will try to keep us all hooked. Even if that means derailing the entire "clean/free energy" movement.

the VA hospital in west LA Calif has covered there parking lots with solar panels and we can now park in the shade
34° 3'9.37"N 118°27'11.47"W

also the US military is one of the largest users of solar power and geothermal power in the world

The US Navy has a large geothermal power plant at China Lake CA that generates 270 megawatt-hours.
enough to supply the power for all the military bases in calif.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Nothing truer has been said on this site.

When i need a good laugh I watch (Faux) Fox News.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

Really?
sacrifice national security for your opinion. Sounds great, how about stopping the government waste in entitlements, and taxing the 40+% who does not even pay taxes? Always trying to hurt the people that protect you. Smart move smart person

Umm.. I hardly think a FRACTION of spending on black ops and military spending will truly sacrifice national security.. Our military spending is the size of the next 15ish nations COMBINED!?
Dont get your neo-con panties in a bunch because we are bashing on your precious piece of # news source faux news... Sorry to hurt your feelings, we like truth around here.. Step out of the anti-reality bubble once in awhile and take a deep breath of fresh air

edit on 9-2-2013 by Ap0c0les because: Fixed

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

WHEN fox makes a mistake .... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA omg hilarious.. All they do is make mistakes all day.. Noone with any intelligence is ever present to do any fact checking except in rare instances to get their laugh on. You all just live inside the bubble and dont know any better.. Its ok atleast everyone else gets a kick out of it

edit on 9-2-2013 by Ap0c0les because: (fixed)

edit on 9-2-2013 by Ap0c0les because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Really?

Good move! Instead of cutting spending where it COULD be cut, let's take money from those who don't have it in the first place. Brilliant! /SARCASM

But on a serious side-note..you *do* realize that this field would yield more employment opportunities as well?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ap0c0les

All they do is make mistakes? Drinking the Kool-Aid this morning?

Listen to the entire YouTube clip.
Did she get the natural gas correct?

Germany has less sunshine than us. That's all she got wrong.

Grow up and act like an adult.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The idiots in the media are idiots because they are not required during the acquisition of a Journalism degree to explore reality, rather they focus almost exclusively on citation and copying other people's words and looking attractive on screen. Most actors have a higher sense of native awareness of reality than news media journalists. There's some other facts to notice:

As far as the East Coast is concerned, the United States is the East Coast, plus California, and nothing else exists. The East Coast itself is represented by New York City, and that is composed of all the rich people in the East coast who drive in from Connecticut, New Jersey, Long Island, Upstate, Massachusetts and the rest fly in. This vision of reality is so strong that it overshadows their perception of things like global weather patterns, national political climate, energy needs, natural disasters, and so on. This vision is so extreme that it provides literal justification for succession efforts on the part of any states that are not part of the East Coast NYC stronghold. Even satellite photos from orbit demonstrate a "day and night" difference between the East Coast and everywhere else. In many parts of New York state, there will be months of "grey" sky. While Manhattan itself gets sunny days once in a while, much of the NYC residents recall nothing but cloudy grey days and that's why so many talk about "sunny California" and migrate to Florida for retirement. The East Coast more or less sees Seattle as an "east coast colony" or stronghold of near identical ideology, and considers Chicago "the mid west". Chicago is NOT WEST. It's East. The Continental west begins with the Dakotas and there are two states, namely Alaska and Hawaii that make the geographic average of the center closer to California. The perversion of geographic perspective illustrated by Chicago should be disturbing to people. They are literally defining the East Coast as the bulk of the country and that imaginary bulk is shrouded in storms and shadows.If you are not living in California, they are saying you don't exist.

There is plenty of sunlight in California in areas such as San Jose, Sacramento, and all of SoCal. There is also plenty of Sun in Death Valley, likely enough to power the whole coast or even country. The bulk of the geographic west coast - including everything east of the Rocky Mountains is capable of supplying vast amounts of solar power, much, much more efficiently than wind farms. Germany is cloudy and grey just like the East Coast. That media woman is an idiot, but she's a symptom of a much larger break with reality.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skynet2015

Yes, Germany is very cloudy but did she get the natural gas statistics correct?

Solar is dead. Solyndra is dead. They hired 1,000 people and then fired them all.
The Free Market is leading the way.
Natural Gas Power Plants produce more power at a lower cost.
They are made by GE and Siemens.

Seek the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ap0c0les

Really?

Umm.. I hardly think a FRACTION of spending on black ops and military spending will truly sacrifice national security.. Our military spending is the size of the next 15ish nations COMBINED!?
Dont get your neo-con panties in a bunch because we are bashing on your precious piece of # news source faux news... Sorry to hurt your feelings, we like truth around here.. Step out of the anti-reality bubble once in awhile and take a deep breath of fresh air

edit on 9-2-2013 by Ap0c0les because: Fixed

You like truth, yet you are on this website? wow, get your head out of your... hole in the ground. hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skynet2015
The idiots in the media are idiots because they are not required during the acquisition of a Journalism degree to explore reality, rather they focus almost exclusively on citation and copying other people's words and looking attractive on screen. Most actors have a higher sense of native awareness of reality than news media journalists. There's some other facts to notice:

As far as the East Coast is concerned, the United States is the East Coast, plus California, and nothing else exists. The East Coast itself is represented by New York City, and that is composed of all the rich people in the East coast who drive in from Connecticut, New Jersey, Long Island, Upstate, Massachusetts and the rest fly in. This vision of reality is so strong that it overshadows their perception of things like global weather patterns, national political climate, energy needs, natural disasters, and so on. This vision is so extreme that it provides literal justification for succession efforts on the part of any states that are not part of the East Coast NYC stronghold. Even satellite photos from orbit demonstrate a "day and night" difference between the East Coast and everywhere else. In many parts of New York state, there will be months of "grey" sky. While Manhattan itself gets sunny days once in a while, much of the NYC residents recall nothing but cloudy grey days and that's why so many talk about "sunny California" and migrate to Florida for retirement. The East Coast more or less sees Seattle as an "east coast colony" or stronghold of near identical ideology, and considers Chicago "the mid west". Chicago is NOT WEST. It's East. The Continental west begins with the Dakotas and there are two states, namely Alaska and Hawaii that make the geographic average of the center closer to California. The perversion of geographic perspective illustrated by Chicago should be disturbing to people. They are literally defining the East Coast as the bulk of the country and that imaginary bulk is shrouded in storms and shadows.If you are not living in California, they are saying you don't exist.

There is plenty of sunlight in California in areas such as San Jose, Sacramento, and all of SoCal. There is also plenty of Sun in Death Valley, likely enough to power the whole coast or even country. The bulk of the geographic west coast - including everything east of the Rocky Mountains is capable of supplying vast amounts of solar power, much, much more efficiently than wind farms. Germany is cloudy and grey just like the East Coast. That media woman is an idiot, but she's a symptom of a much larger break with reality.

You are proof that divide and conquer is working. Keep thinking that states like Texas don't matter, in the end, those less populated states will still be around. This topic is so propaganda led and sheep keep on following the bread crumbs to the butcher shop. Solar / Wind energy only exist due to tax credit and subsidies. It is NOT EFFICIENT, nor will it be anytime soon until battery technology at least triples.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First off let me say It truely blows my mind the name calling and attutudes on ats. this site really shows just how messed up we are !

Now on to all this renuable energy crap that is what it is for all of you that think going GREEN is a good thing open your eyes please and look at the real cost of going green.
Hey lets buy a Prius great Idea save the planet
lmao strip mine sudbury canada for nickel, ship it to wales uk to be refined, then ship it China to change it to nickle foam then ship it to Japan to make the batterys. thats 10,000 miles and a strip mine later oh and nickle mines are one of the worst mines for enviromental damage.
thats just for the batterys that go into a prius. now take a close look at the cost of every other so called GREEN energy and every environmentaly Good thing and they all SUCK and do more damage than good.
I'm all for going green but you better really understand the true cost before you comit. becarful what you wish for you just might get it and ! and a lot more you really did not want !

This op is about lies well who is really lieing ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join