It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my experience without electrical fields, light, or distractions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
So this morning I was at work waiting for my power to be restored. I had a small incident yesterday and was waiting for the technician to flip the switch so I could open up.

I decided to go downstairs even though there was no electricity and just sit in a really comfortable chair I have down there. It was pitch black and I was alone.

I sat and closed my eyes. It was wonderful.

There was no electricity running any where near me. It felt different. The room was pitch black, that felt good too.

I just sat and meditated. Not on anything, but let my thoughts wonder. I touched on everything I have been thinking about this year and last. Then I had Other thoughts. They are difficult to describe. I was them. It was quick. Fluid thoughts. When the lights came on and all the compressors and such sparked on, then that state was broken.

The thing is I was done. I would have gotten up anyways. I have no idea how much time passed since I sat and when I awoke. It was like my thoughts were complete anyways /always. I would have been "done" even if the lights had been switched on 10 minutes earlier.

IMO the mind has a spot that exists outside of perceived time.

I cant describe everything that I thought and experienced. It was like the true me beyond the true me I thought existed. I removed myself, that much I am conscious of. I willed that. What remained was still me, but I didnt exist, if that makes sense.

I feel like I wasnt here either, like this world,this time, this very moment in my life wasnt even existent.

It wasnt astral travel. It wasnt sleep. I was aware and alert. Like I said my mind was fluid and focused. I wasnt here either. I was complete. More complete than I could ever feel here. I was done /whole.

If I can transmit anything from this experience....Everything we think we know is wrong /irrelevant. Remove it all. Remove yourself, and only the all you will remain.

edit on 7-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
To actually prove it has an effect you need to do a blind test. That would consist of two experiments, one with electricity and one without but you mustn't know which is which, and then record the results. That would be hard obviously, but without doing that it could just be the placebo effect.

I guess at the end of the day if this is the result you're after it doesn't matter if it's placebo or not though...
edit on 7-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

maybe.

I have meditated before. I actually do every day when ever I can. On a bus, on line. I have done this for years.

I tend to just quiet my mind and listen. I like to feel the difference of smell, sound, even light when just sitting there observing. I close my eyes and just sit there. I never expect anything to happen. That is why I am surprised.

I think the lack of stimulus to the senses, even that of an invisible electrical field made my mind go off the reservation. Like I said I sit and focus on the details the subconscious mind perceives of the world around us that usually we just toss aside. Without it, I focused inwards, and instead of filtering out distractions, I filtered my own mind out, as it was the only distraction left.

What was left was always there, but I never noticed. A mind, mentality, stream of thought, what ever, and It was up to speed on me, my life, the world, where I was sitting, what was going on, but that all seemed like such a non issue, like it didnt even exist to it. There was SO MUCH MORE. It felt complete.

Like the sort of mentality you have during a lucid dream, yet about reality.

It was me, but EVERYTHING my mind is was absent. yet there seen in a new perspective.

I was thinking about trying to replicate it again. Hit the mains and remove all electrical fields, sound and light.

I want to read up on solitary confinement because I remember reading somewhere about the psychological process the mind undergoes while in it. This will be different because I am not restricted and under any stress for being in that state, but still......should be insightful.

edit on 7-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

What he is talking about is already proven fact. Electricity, EMF, ELF, all have an effect on you. It effects your sleep habits moods and health in general. Electricians are known for a high rate of cancer. Lots of people talk about the feeling of well being when the power is out.

here is a video (description found below)

This documentary is about how the modern world being full of electrical pollution particularly cellular signals .
edit on 7-2-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It would be hard to say the absence of electric fields had any effect on your experience. It would
be more likely that it was the absence of distractions. Recall the 1965 NY blackout and the
reported "baby-boom" nine months later. Whether the baby-boom was an urban myth or not, the
lack of electrical distractions during a black out brings humans together in a way that normal nighttime
darkness has brought us together for centuries, before the advent of modern electricity

I have had some great times with my family when the lights were out. Candles
and conversation and games and stories....and then the moment the lights go back on everyone
goes their separate ways--with their Ipods an laptops etc..

One of the favorite moments of my life was when I was playing a gig at a pool hall and the lights
went out.

We grabbed the acoustics, lit some candles and played unplugged (before MTV made that term
popular). Even the people playing pool (not there for the music) came over and joined in and it
was really cool...I'll never forget it. When the lights came back on there was a general sense of
disappointment and then the strangest thing happened...the crowd gave us a standing O, then
most of them packed up and left...the lights had spoiled the magic of the moment..

edit on 7-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

There is definitely something to not having distractions. The thing is it felt different. I have and do often shut everything off and meditate.

this was noticeably different. It was easier to get into a deeper "trance". Hate that word. It was also much deeper.

I dont know. I have to try this again.

Maybe its just me, but I can usually FEEL when something electrical is on /plugged in.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Well, it certainly could be the case as you report it, but being a natural skeptic, when I want to believe
in something (like this phenomenon) I must become even more skeptical to counter my own hopeful
bias.

So on the surface I would look for things like 'clocks not ticking', refrigerators and air-conditioners
and TV transformers 'not humming' and find to way to rule these out before I try to draw a conclusion.
Especially in the absence of any scientific measure for something as elusive as "a feeling".

Not saying I don't believe you, I've experienced the same sort of thing...but it's hard to draw a conclusion

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Fair enough.

You are right though. I should experiment and see if it was something else and not a genuine experience due to less electrical interference.

I am the same way when people speak of "feeling" something.

Being skeptical only eliminates falsehood off the bat and leaves room for truth. It is a great thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Awesome experience for you! I can see how being in a 'free zone' like that could make a difference in your meditation, makes perfect sense to me. When we go camping wa-a-ay out in the wilderness there is a similar shift in consciousness that happens, both for me and for those I am with. A person could 'fight their way back' to an everyday 'modern-man' mentality while out in that beauty but it would take effort. Anyone who is open to the natural course of things would experience a similar shift and be opened up to greater mind.

We clutter ourselves up with everything imaginable here in our busy-busy societies... what are we so desperate to block out?

top topics

join