It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monopolys iron will never pass go again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.theaustralian.com.au...

IT is the world-famous game on which many a player shined as a property tycoon and where luckless strugglers went to jail, but after a public vote one of Monopoly's tokens will never again pass go. Of the handful of metal pieces whose journey around the board depended on a throw of a dice, a month-long ballot conducted on Facebook will result in the iron being consigned to history, the game's maker, Hasbro, said on Wednesday. A cat will take its place on the board, setting up showdowns with the much-loved Scottie dog, which was the first token that online voters chose to save from extinction. The wheelbarrow and shoe tokens also survived. "We know that cat lovers around the world will be happy to welcome the new cat token into the Monopoly game," said Eric Nyman, senior vice president and global brand leader for Hasbro Gaming.

A cat!!! How will I be able to smooth out all of my wrinkled play money now without the iron. After all, Monopoly money will soon have the same value as the devaluing U.S. dollar so I need to hold on to it!!!

Travesty!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

We long ago lost our iron and have been using a chess bishop in its place. We wouldn't have broken up the chess set, but someone used the chessboard as a dustpan to sweep up some dead snails and ruined it. Before that we'd been using a pebble.

Someone mislaid or stole some of the Monopoly money (either that or we were robbed), so we've been using different-colored Post-It notes with denominations marked in crayon. But you're right: Soon enough we'll be able to use Federal Reserve Notes and not even notice the difference....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Okay, that's funny!

I also thought of a better headline...Monopoly Finally Irons out the Game

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Omg that would have been perfect... or I guess in this case purrr-fect.... hehe
Grim

top topics

join