It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion Of Mali By The US and France -- It's all for the Gold!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So a friend of mine mentions today that Mali has an insane amount of gold.

Gold is mined in the southern region and Mali has the third highest gold production in Africa (after South Africa and Ghana).[58] The emergence of gold as Mali's leading export product since 1999 has helped mitigate some of the negative impact of the cotton and Côte d'Ivoire crises.[63] Other natural resources include kaolin, salt, phosphate, and limestone.[55]

Source

It's their largest export.

What happened recently to the two nations that are currently setting up shop in Mali?

Didn't Germany just recently start repatriating gold from those two nations? Or at least requesting they do?

We know that the US and other nations are very interested in Africa as of late and are continually pushing forward with programs, be it military or foreign aid that further their hold on those governments.

So could this be all for the gold?

ETA: If you take a look at this website:

www.mining-mali.com...

It lists all the companies who mine in Mali. The largest of them are Canadian, US and British owned.

Go figure.

~Tenth
edit on 2/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Obviously, for those of us who can see thru the fog, our military is NOT being used to protect our country anymore. So the only other obvious reason I can think of, is that our military is being used as the enforcers of the central bank!

Thus my conspiracy, that the only reason the Federal Reserve Bank, keeps printing funny money, that they KNOW the US will never be able to pay back, is due to the fact that our government is allowing our military to be used for the domination of resources!

So as long as the Central Bank, is using the US military for their dirty work, the US will be artificially propped up. What worries me is, what is going to happen when the military is no longer needed?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Had you forgotten? Britain has sent Military Personnel to Mali also.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Another nation whose gold reserves are in need of a boost it seems.

Thanks for that info, I actually had no been made aware of that.

Canada is currently also involved, sending special forces and cargo planes. Which doesn't surprise me, considering Canada is one of the largest mining countries in the world.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Possibly, It may be why France is being allowed to spearhead this recent campaign, Mali I know used to be one of the top exporters of gold in the world, but the U.S is easily a top 3 nation with South Africa and China, so they probably dont need the Gold. And North Africa is littered with ex French colonies and all that. France to be fair are one of the more idealistic powers out there, they dont really mess people up unless they feel have good reason to do it.

But no doubt some deal has been cut, France will guarantee ex-amount of gold or revenue from the sale's etc for X amount of military/intelligence support etc.

Africa forever the contradiction of capitalism, resource rich nations stifled in poverty, but then I guess being invaded by an old world empire and modern day super power is probably a good reason why.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Where the US is concerned, their gold reserves have been an item of great interest lately.

Many stories have broken about the gold either being missing, or having Tungsten bars coated in gold.

The US isn't willing to give back all the Gold that it owes Germany, I wonder why that is? Either they don't have that amount anymore, or giving up that amount would drastically change the economic landscape and power of the US.

The United States holds more gold bullion than any other country, with about 2.39 times that of the next leading country, Germany.

This is very telling if you ask me.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well I dunno man, I mean America has some of the largest gold deposits on the planet, America basically never has to worry about gold, and I mean it has a lot of gold, it producing over 200 tonnes of gold a year. And Mali is one of the poorest countries on the planet and so heavily indebted to the IMF its just beyond a joke. I doubt we would ever have to invade them to take there gold, chances a conglomerate of South African, French and Americans companies own all there mines as it is.

Thats something worth checking out, who actualy mines there gold and ships it to where, thatll get your answer.

Cause bearing in mind we did just topple Libya, which had one of the most well equipped regimes in North Africa, where do you think all its soldiers went?

Well they went to topple just about every neighboring government they could and chances are they are more than likely trying to topple Mali for there gold.

Has U.S corporations enlisted the French government to send its military over not only to protect French colonial interests but to defend U.S mining interests?, maybe. Very much worth looking into though.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

The companies who run the largest gold mines in Mali are British.

en.wikipedia.org...

Robex Resources Inc. – COMPANY PROFILE

The above is a Canadian company of course.

It seems most if not ALL of the mining companies are either British, US or Canadian.

Go figure.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The gold thats supposidely in banks/reserve banks/treasuries vaults has never been properly audited, some say it disappeared long ago. see GATA.ORG for their ongoing 10 year battle for disclosure.

1 The financial system is about to crash
2 they need the gold to cover their positions because its been leased out
3 a new reserve currency will be implemented possibly the Chinese
4 US & Britain will need Gold to stay at the top of the power game

One just needs to read between the lines as to why Libya was invaded ( they wanted to set up a Gold based Dinar trading system)

Well spotted

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So whats your point people don't count is that what your sayn?

Soccer now they have soccer again so they can be humans and not biped animals

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

LOL

Well there you go then, Britain certainly doesnt miss a trick. I wonder what MP's, congressmen, senators etc are affiliated with this mining company.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The issue of gold I would say is not really a driving factor for the conflict in Mali, it’s the third largest producer of Gold in the African continent something that while interesting is hardly spectacular enough to go to get involved in a military conflict in the country. If you look at the world’s top ten producers of Gold Mali isn’t even in the top 10.

In reality America has quite a small role in in Mali thus far with France taking the lead. The reason that France has taken such a stance has nothing to do with Gold but it is more to do with preventing Mali becoming a terrorist state. Prior to the start of combat operations in the country Mali was being overrun by militants form Al-Qa’ida in the Islamic Maghreb (an evolution of the anti-French group the GIA) . The Government of Mali requested this assistance of the French, their old colonial rulers to assist them in combating this very real threat; it is not an invasion like Iraq was because in this instance the government has invited a foreign power to assist them. This has nothing to do with gold.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So if this was happening in a country that was not a French Colony that did not have any gold deposits nor did it have any international mining consortiums who sole interest is controlling and mining said gold deposits, if the country had none of these things, you expect there would be a similar intervention from world powers?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If that was true than we would have deployed troops in other major conflict areas.

Like the Congo and Somalia.

The only reason they are there is to protect their interests and further the influence they hold over the Mali government for resources.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is this just like people who claimed that the war in the mid east was just for oil?

Only we haven't seen any oil from that war yet.

When do we expect to see all this gold?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Did you think the war for oil was so that YOU could have some?

lol.

The war for oil ended back in the 80's when BP among others sought and then got control of more than 50% of the world's oil supply. They didn't want you to have CHEAP oil, they wanted to be to control the price of EXPENSIVE oil at the pump.

The wars in the middle east have primarily been about destabilizing the region and impoverishing the local governments so that they would take deals from the IMF.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Please also read this short article concerning investor speculation with regards to Mali''s gold mine.

news.yahoo.com...

In it you will find qoutes such as this, from Stanlib Africas Humphrey Gathungu

“There is hardly much else to keep these countries going economically. It is more likely than not that the mines will continue to operate and that is why investors are sticking around. Plus investors in Africa do have a very high risk appetite. “Nevertheless, a speedy resolution to the turmoil in Mali would be required to keep companies and investors in West Africa,”

NEVERTHELESS, A SPEEDY RESOLUTION TO THE TURMOIL IN MALI WOULD BE REQUIRED TO KEEP COMPANIES AND INVESTORS IN WEST AFRICA.

Now, you are telling me this intervention IS NOT about global economics?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No the objective was to offset the threat that a terrorist organisation could take control of the country and turn it into a new Afghanistan under Taliban rule. That is why the government of Mali invited the French to assist them against an old French enemy.

Really Mali’s Gold means nothing, they are the third largest exporter in Africa and they are not even in the top ten globally.

It’s just speculation to say it’s all about gold.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Forgive me for not trusting in the good world of international governments my friend.

There are DOZENS of 'terrorist' hotspots in the world that are receiving little to no attention from anybody outside those nation's specific forces.

You cannot deny this.

Therefore, it's a bit strange to use the excuse that they are fighting terrorism when the dots that have been connected, seem to state otherwise.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Yes I would, I would have expected in that scenario for the government of Mali to approach the UN for assistance or invite the whole of NATO to assist and I believe they would if it were to prevent a terrorist takeover of the entire state or a proportion of it being turned into a terrorist save-heaven.

As it is though with these “what ifs?” they are meaningless we can never know what would happen for definite if things were slightly different.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join