It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is "shamanic vision"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
hell o! everyone!
i have been pondering a lot about this subject,,
what happens when shaman is in a trance, and sees for example some sort of forest spirits, and entities,,
could there really be another realm/s?
can they be "real"? and what even is this, reality everyone keeps talking about?
maybe quantum mechanics?
lots of things that we consider real, we cant see, for example radiation, molecules atoms, universes,
arent they just images on the screen for us? still they exist,
if we see thing via technology, could there be other means to observe reality?
just a brain teaser for you..

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well I believe, as with all religious experiences, that people like this are simply interpreting things in their imagination.

If someone was ever to look into another realm and find answers I think they would have ended up quite popular throughout history.

Rather though they seem to only give situational answers to those around them, at best. Usually their answers are vague enough to be interpreted a number of ways thereby giving the vision seer a way out.

How many prophets or people like this are consistently clear and correct in their readings?

However I could be totally wrong as I don't have this gift and it would be nice to hear from someone who can actually experience it.

That is my take on it however.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Howdy solve

Do you know that a lot of the time Shaman use extremely powerful hallucinogenic drugs that are supposed to affect and open up your "third eye"

'___' my friend, its against the T&C to relate a personal story I've had with '___' but its a very real thing. Poorly understood.

Not only do people claim to see spirits and other realities, but beings like Buddha Jesus etc!

I've known about '___' for a while and it relates to your questions big time my friend.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I've got to be on my way now...but here is an essay that you may find interesting...

hermetic.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

one of these "prophets" could be Francis Crick, Nobel prize winner, who got a glimpse of "just his imagination"
and know we know the structure of dna.. many other examples too,,

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Oh! How could I forget. When you dream, small amounts of '___' are released by your brain and affect your subconscious mind. Not sure about you but I can attest to this, I have had some incredible dreams.

Sorry for giving you more questions than answers but truly, follow up and do some reading on '___' and 5-Meo '___'

Also Ayahuasca is whats used by Brazilian shamans, sometimes to seek spiritual assistance from a being in another realm, who may be able to heal a sick person, provide advice, solve a tribal issue. Its a very "normal" thing for them to use on many occasions.

Ayahuasca

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
Well I believe, as with all religious experiences, that people like this are simply interpreting things in their imagination.

i understand why u have ur point of view. but what if u were to go there today and met someone and had a conversation.. then untranced and went about ur daily business.. then came back and went back into trance the next day or more later only to be greeted by the person with words like "aahhh ur back!" or something equally startling that suggests they have their own memory and it isnt controlled by u.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

As I said, I could very well be wrong so can just go by the evidence I see of others.

I would enjoy an experience as you've described actually.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

It is widely reported, and unconfirmed either way by Crick, that he was doped up on '___' with his DNA discovery.

I don't attribute visions to being stoned.

Crick also apparently ripped off his discovery from other people, at least that's the rumor, so he may not be the best example to try and prove your point.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

As I said, I could very well be wrong so can just go by the evidence I see of others.

I would enjoy an experience as you've described actually.

dont take my post for an attack on ur belief system. it was just a generic question.

but another rational approach is in the way scientists describe how the regular eyes see. stimuli comes from outside and the brain interprets it and builds an image based on the frequency sensors being used. in this case the 2 visible eyes.

there is a hidden eye, the third eye and it has been identified as a literal eye with the parts of an eye, called the pineal gland. this eye sees diferent frequencies. but since it isnt viewing stimuli in a line of sight manner. why wouldnt scientists also assume, that the brain is generating the image?

the answer: they would, and they are. which leads to the assessment that what comes from the third eye is a delusion of sorts. but since the brain is operating in the same manner as with the 2 regular eyes to generate an image. by extention.. they give away that this reality is also a delusion/illusion since it is processed in the very same way.

what do u think? sounds rational?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I think that you know far more about this than I do so I am taking the easy way out and bowing to your wisdom. I try not to debate things I know very little about but I will keep an eye on this thread to hopefully learn more about this fascinating subject.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Intuition, imagination,realization, epiphany, half truths, whole truths, no truths, contrivance, feeling,thought,understanding, contemplation, psychology, philosophy, politics, knowledge, life

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

I think that you know far more about this than I do so I am taking the easy way out and bowing to your wisdom. I try not to debate things I know very little about but I will keep an eye on this thread to hopefully learn more about this fascinating subject.

no need to bow out. ur not in the spotlight. ur just the only one here. and u seem open minded and receptive enough to follow a completely logical train of thought to expose it's connection to the illogical. just think about it. and if u would like to know more by experience. try some research on lucid dreaming and start practicing. u should be able to receive results rather quickly with regular practice. it's also harmless and fun.

but lucid dreaming is just the first step on the ladder to entering various dimensions/heavens. let us also take into account a couple things:

when u r sleeping and dreaming.. ur eyes are closed.. but where does the light come from in ur dream that allows u to see faces and people and objects in ur dream? certainly not from the sun.

next.. when dreaming ur in a party, or family get together, or just walking down the road or driving.. how is it that these large objects fit intothe space of your head? entire buildings, crowds of ppl etc. isnt this another dimension in itself?

just food for thought. enjoy

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

what if reality is a manifestation of the imagination?
i imagine these words, send them to cyberspace, (whatever evil magic is that) they appear here, and you could even 3d- print it, physically and you would be adding dimensions to it...... and how in the world are we even discussing this subject? how did they first connect the first computers together,,

now i wonder, is the "all seeing eye" connected to this?

i have done my "homework" but lets us keep this, only for brainstorming? eh?
edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: sounds cool

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: cool man

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I've had visions where during the vision it is clear to me that there is a presence watching. Almost as if I or we humans, are part of some cosmic joke that we're not let in on, and they find us funny.

And when I looked up this online near 15 years ago, I found others who had experienced the same, describe the same.

The divine lady has more to her gift than what the mundane mortals have revealed. mocked. and secreted away into legal disfiguration.

Oaxacan shamans used her to reveal sickness in people who could otherwise not remedy themselves.. or to engage in visions to see the hidden.

To us, it can be scary. It is scary. And not a toy as the world would have us believe. The tools hidden from us are sacred, and it's a shame. So much inner knowledge.

No wonder the spirits laugh at us.

eta - this in no way conflicts with my disregard for god. A creator. an omnipotent being that requires us obey.

When I say spirits.. i don't mean in a religious or god like manner.

edit on 6-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by solve

what if reality is a manifestation of the imagination?

i like this question.. considering that imagination is the only thing that creates and logic can only remold what imagination created previously (God's imagination). but logic cannot create anything itself except for compounding what was already there in to complex structures.

we restructure atoms and molecules to form metal sheets and mold them into a chasis and shell of a car etc. but can we create an atom through logic? can we create the energy that was already there to be compressed into the atom? scientists obviously reach a dead end at this point... because

Energy cannot be created nor destroy.. By Man!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

is someone "imagining" my existence? because i am yours,
the holy mother of us all, is truly beautiful and nurturing,
maybe she imagines us all? but who imagines her?
and for the post above, quantum mechanics, singularity of all, is on the way.
how is it possible, that a electron can exist in two places, at the same time?
edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

eta - this in no way conflicts with my disregard for god. A creator. an omnipotent being that requires us obey.

edit on 6-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

this is the religious indoctrinating God u speak of. spiritually there is a creator and once u gain the wisdom, u dont question it or rebel anymore. u recognize why he should be praised and why he most definitely does exist (in non-existence)

but one does not have to believe in God to be a good soul. in fact.. a great deal of credit to those who consider themselves atheists with no superior power over them and yet still act with compassion and good will. in essence.. they dont need a ruler over their head to do the right thing. if u look at it.. it's rather noble.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

how is it possible, that a proton or an electron can exist in two places, at the same time?

Quantum entanglement is one of the central principles of quantum physics, which is the science of sub-atomic particles. Multiple particles, such as photons, are connected with each other even when they are very far apart and what happens to one particle can have an effect on the other one at the same moment, even though these effects can not be used to send information faster than light.

Maybe thats why they exist together.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

True atheists are just angry beacause they have no proof of, the other places, totally understandable and cool..
but could a shaman exist in here, rolling in the ground like an animal, but also, at the same time be in...
i dont know, in the "other place" where everything co-exists? as above, so below?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join