It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former British Cabinet Minsiter admits he is a LIAR. What a surprise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This shouldn't really come as a surprise, I suppose.

BBC News

I think it's probably the same all over the world. Politicians seem to be born as arrogant, pampered human beings who find it natural to lie. The good, honest ones are pretty few and far between, although they do exist.

The fact that this person was a member of the Cabinet just makes it that much more annoying. Who the hell does this pompous little sh*t think he is?

The fact that a politician has told lies is probably not particularly big news because most of them do. It's just that they hardly ever admit it. This toady slimeball, Chris Huhne, was admitting his innocence right up to his court appearance, hoping that he was going to get off the offence.

Only last week, him and his overpaid barrister were trying to get the case thrown out due to 'lack of evidence'. Well, it seems like the evidence wasn't that lacking after all.

Another politician bites the dust. Good riddance.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Now we just need one to admit they are a liar whilst they are still in politics.

That would be a first.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is he really admitting to being a liar or is he just lying about being a liar?

How do you know when a politician is lying?

His lips are moving

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

He was still in politics until he resigned as an MP after admitting his guilt. He had stood down from his cabinet post while he was trying to defend himself in this case but he was still an MP.

The deputy prime minister was even going to give him another place on the cabinet if he was found not guilty. Makes me laugh.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

Why if he was found not guilty, should he have not been given his post back? Not guilty means that a court has proven him to be innocent, so why should the person have been punished further if that would have been the case?

As he was found guilty, lets lock him up for the maxiumum allowed sentance.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

What makes me laugh is the fact that this slimeball was willing to brazen it out and was quite happy to lie to everyone right up to the last minute. Probably didn't quite put that right.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm suprised that it suprised you

MP's think they are above the law they create for the plebs, just look at the expenses scandal..... they all thought they were immune and it turned out most of them were. Only a few scapegoats ever really got any kind of punishment. We have just a corrupt government of that of ones we have recently had a hand in overthrowing.... oh the hypocracy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It didn't surprise me, my friend. I was being sarcastic in the title!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

For me, the best bit of his Press Conference was when he said "I am taking responsibility".

Really? If you were taking responsibility, wouldn't you have owned up 10 years ago? And not pressured the missus into taking the points on your behalf?
What was perhaps even more surprising was that even 10 years ago, a claim like that would have got audible chuckles from the surrounding journalists - when he said it though, all you could hear were camera clicks.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683
reply to post by Ginga

He was still in politics until he resigned as an MP after admitting his guilt. He had stood down from his cabinet post while he was trying to defend himself in this case but he was still an MP.

The deputy prime minister was even going to give him another place on the cabinet if he was found not guilty. Makes me laugh.

He only lost to Nick Clegg in the leadership contest by 500 votes nationally (amongst Party members). That is one hugely significant fall from grace! In other words, this isn't your run of the mill backbencher or career MP. He could conceivably have been Deputy PM instead of Clegg had his party voted slightly differently.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Did you notice his careful choice of words in the media interviews? He acknowledged pleading guilty, he didn't acknowledge guilt (the two are not necessarily the same). He is one slippery customer. Both his ex and his son tried to trap him into admission and you could see how carefully he chose his responses. I wouldn't put it past him to later say he had pleaded guilty simply to draw a line under things and so everyone could move on - or as part of a plea bargaining deal.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

He's a slippery customer alright.

But then, the vast majority of politicians are quite used to lying and using subleties in language that they can later change without looking like the liars they are.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Why if he was found not guilty, should he have not been given his post back? Not guilty means that a court has proven him to be innocent, so why should the person have been punished further if that would have been the case?

As he was found guilty, lets lock him up for the maxiumum allowed sentance.

i suggest you change your avatar. you are advertising one of the biggest liars
and war criminals of the 20th century.

'history will be kind to me. i will be the one to write it'........churchill.

you do not get to be a (top) politician unless you are a deviant and willing to
do everything you are instructed to.

but remember 'they' are empowered because you choose (knowingly or otherwise) to
give your power away.

but the world turns. all is now well.

smile. there is no reason left not to.

edit on 6-2-2013 by OutonaLimb because: one o too many

new topics

top topics

join