It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-Circuit Model of Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Much of my thinking recently has been apparently quite particular, or 'coded.' Well, the system which most precisely reflects the reasoning behind my system of coding is the 8-Circuit Model of Consciousness. This model was designed by Timothy Leary, who was a Psychology Professor at Harvard in the 60's. After a brief overview, you will see how easily information can be coded according to this system, and therefore communicate massive amounts without needing to use much space.

The four Hive Circuits are basically activated, to some degree, by default in modern Humans.

HIVE CIRCUITS
1 - Survival, fear, anxiety
2 - Dominance, territorial, emotional
3 - Conceptual, semantic, linguistic
4 - Social, sexual, adult
Key Question to Transcend Hive: Can the Individual pursue his own individuality and pleasure, without hive concerns?

POST-HIVE CIRCUITS
5 - Localized high, pleasure, rapture
Key Question for next circuit: Can I detach from conventional, consensual, reality, and create ideal fantasies?
6 - Neurology, chemistry, electricity
Key Question for next circuit: Can I accept the reality of the illusion, and turn it into my actual life?
7 - Genetics, Meta-Programming, Systems, Games
Key Question for next circuit: Can I see beyond separation completely, see only polar-vibrations, on-off 1's and 0's?
8 - Quantum, sub-nuclear, multi-verse
edit on 6-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So is quantum, nuclear, multiverse the catch-all for all higher concious functions?

Is our conciousness totally independent from another one of us in an alternate dimension, or not necessarily?

Is anything 'connected' to some extent, conciously between invididuals, or not at all, conciously??

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
So is quantum, nuclear, multiverse the catch-all for all higher concious functions?

Is our conciousness totally independent from another one of us in an alternate dimension, or not necessarily?

Is anything 'connected' to some extent, conciously between invididuals, or not at all, conciously??

I would say that the higher you go, the more advanced it becomes relative to our current knowledge, technology, and language. Therefore, it becomes more 'vague' as you go up. At the same time, it becomes less vague the more you personally understand it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

This is very interesting stuff. If you look at this section...

4 - Social, sexual, adult
Key Question to Transcend Hive: Can the Individual pursue his own individuality and pleasure, without hive concerns?

POST-HIVE CIRCUITS
5 - Localized high, pleasure, rapture
Key Question for next circuit: Can I detach from conventional, consensual, reality, and create ideal fantasies?

I don't really think that this is nearly as important to the generations of people that came after Leary's. These concepts and the idea of 'overcoming' the limitations suggested by his 'key questions', were a big deal for his generation.

Some of the other stuff remains interesting. I hope that people pick it up and continue to work with it as you are trying to do.

If you could re-arrange or add to the circuits, how would you modify his system?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, OP is really a recap of the way I have been using my mind in general, recently. Leary's system most accurately describes it. I pull from many different systems though, from western religion, to eastern philosophy, science, logic, math, etc. The messages which Leary and others were giving then are still relevant today. We just needed certain advances in technology to take place, like the internet. Now the pieces are in place, it is just up to the individual to 'do it' himself.
edit on 6-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Clearly there is a solid fragrance of Maslow in what I read. His 7 levels of needs flowing into his self actualization theories. Certainly Leary and he were contemporaries and gathered information from the same pools, drawing from those humanistic wells, very similar speculations.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Clearly there is a solid fragrance of Maslow in what I read. His 7 levels of needs flowing into his self actualization theories. Certainly Leary and he were contemporaries and gathered information from the same pools, drawing from those humanistic wells, very similar speculations.

Yes, looking at this image:

definitely represents a similarity in form, and general patterning. You can find this across many/all systems. The general idea, is that it is a system about systems.

top topics

join