It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first album! I have finally after 14 years of being a songwriter released my first demo EP album

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Very nice, enough said.

You should start playing small gigs to get a bit of more spotlight, the world needs more artists like you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 7-2-2013 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

Beautiful songs, Tyler! Your finger picking is really good, and your songs are dreamy and gooood.

Keep going!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is really great material!
Very well done!

I'm a pro drummer from Seattle... (Yes, a true professional. Not just a hobbyist.)

We should collab on some stuff sometime.

Bravo brother. Bravo.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Really nice, I like it! Hope you find success at doing what you love. From the responses here, I think you're off to a good start.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the amazing feedback
really helps the drive to keep writing songs. I play a lot of local gigs in Ontario, but I need to get out of here and start playing across Canada and maybe into the states when I finish the album and promote the hell out of it! I would go audition for Canada's got Talent, except I never want to be signed to a big name label and have them direct me how to write and take control of my music.

The thing that keeps me going is the fact that I don't want to be like the rest of the crap music out there today. I am not in it to make money, I'm in it because I love to play and share my songs with other people ( what music is "supposed" to be about )

I have a lot of covers that I put my own spin on and I'll share some below, I think everyone will get a good kick out of them

Neil Young's "Don't let it bring you down"
soundcloud.com...

Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" (Cover by the Civil Wars) ( Just a teaser Re-covered by me)
soundcloud.com...

The Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive"
soundcloud.com...

Feel free to request a cover as well, I love learning new songs I haven't tried yet!

Tyler

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I love your voice and it speaks from a place of a long life already lived in your young years. I would love to hear you sing from a place of joy and laughter from your spirit, cause I can see it within your eyes and it wants released to express. You are a beautiful soul. Let your voice soar.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I enjoyed it. Smooth and sexy voice lol and calm, easy listening. Which makes a change. I dont see the conspiracy link. Just sounds like normal music to me tbh. You need to do a video to this. I would only buy them if you do a video . Honestly, your quite handsome too. So dont be shy. Show us your swager.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Salute to you, Keep it up... Believe it or not, i have been a daily ATS reader/viewer for years now, I tell everyone I come across about the things I've learned from the site. Besides my email and music pages ATS is easily my most visited. With that said, I was actually afraid to create a profile (thought the black suits would show up) but lo and behold, I clicked on your music link and..... I liked "Drafted" so much that I said f*&k it, created a profile so give respect where respect is due! Check me out... Maybe a collab?

Now, I'm a Hip Hop artist... Notice I said, artist not RAPPER there is a difference!
This is a link to one of my music pages
www.reverbnation.com...

For the ATS crowd I would recommend "Eternal Soldier" and/or "Mental Capacity" but by all means listen to the rest...

And with that... I am now an initiated member

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm getting an error when I try to check out your music, it pops me over to facebook with an access error. Please assist, I would love to hear the tracks.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

Hi there,

Try this one!
tylerknight.bandcamp.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well done, bro! Truly enjoying it. I would say 5 thru 7 were my favorites with the addition of Drafted. Keep trucking. I think you may have something here.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wow! I like it...a lot! Good work Tyler!

This is kinda right up my alley right now in terms of musical taste. I grew up listening to mainly punk music, but lately my taste in music has shifted toward more relaxed "chilled out" acoustic music. Also, I just got an acoustic guitar for Christmas and have been playing it a ton...hopefully your music helps inspire me to write my own.

Downloaded & Donated

Thanks man!

PS, I really like "Drafted"
edit on 8-2-2013 by InnerLogic because: added content to post

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I didn't realize you're Canadian. My hometown puts on a music festival every year in July. It's called "Folk on the Rocks" held in Yellowknife. folkontherocks.com...

They feature all Canadian artist and performers, and their accepting applications for this year's lineup. I think your music would be a good fit for the festival.

Just a suggestion. Yellowknife is awesome in the summer and this would be a great experience for you!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerLogic

Much appreciated! You are officially my first purchaser of the album
I will send you a couple of new tracks when I get into the studio again as a token of my appreciation!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerLogic

I've heard of that festival actually! I will have to look into applying and see what happens! I would love to get up north and do some traveling so that might let that happen.

I will post some videos of myself performing later today when I get a chance, I have a couple really cool covers I'm really proud of!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Canadian Songwriter Amelia Curran's "The Mistress"

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by liiquidminduk

Your music is unreal Daniel! So into your songwriting, it's very James Taylor, but I would say better and can say that honestly!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpyreX

Sick beats man this is wicked. None of that mainstream crap that has taken over hip hop. I do a bunch of producing as well I'll have to send some of my beats over I'd love to do a colab!

Here's one of the raps I've done as a joke with my friends haha My verse is second.

soundcloud.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join