It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Well your wrong, just by looking at the two objects for even a second I can tell a similarity. Both unidentified, both very fast and both form a long shape in size during flight. If you looked into it farther, and say otherwise, that is good I do not waste much of my time with such trivial things however.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
Interesting that he panned the camera up literally at the EXACT second needed to to catch it, any less and he would not have caught it, strange.

Only way to really verify this is to find out if the plane traveling in the same direction of the "object" reported it. If not, doesn't exist and is fake.
edit on 5-2-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

Probably already posted, but seems to me that the plane is going the opposite direction. Would make the speed appear greatly exaggerated.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
I think it might be a goose of some kind myself. The UFO is close and small. And the plane they are in is going 300-400 mph in the other direction. A goose would shoot past like that.

Too true, same as a seagull flying past a cabin window of say, a hydrofoil in the opposite direction, that'll just about catch your eye, but it is all relative. Geese don't fly at the heights depicted here, and this Goosey would need a closing speed at least equal to the airliner speed, say 1000 mph combined, and that's conservative. So that Goosey would be well cooked then, however I don't think you would hear Goosey flying by in an aircraft cabin.
edit on 6-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

First of all, if it was a real object, it could have been moving slowly, and the apparent speed could have been caused by the plane whizzing past it at 500 mph (800 km/h) -- especially if the object was a small object and was close to the camera.

However, that could be all a moot point, because as ATS member 'Zarniwoop' pointed out on the previous page, this seems to be a hoax. The object seen in the slowed down version of the video is in a different location as the object as seen in the original speed version -- as if the person making the CGI fake made two different fakes -- one regular speed fake video and on slow motion fake video.

Zarniwoops post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what you have is that the position of the object in the slowed-down video does not match the regular speed...

...That is a good indication of HOAX.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So, put some relative math to what would be an explainable scenario.

Suppose we think the other object may be a lear jet.

The 767 cruise speed is 570mph average at altitude.
The Lear jet cruise speed is 500mph average at altitude

Combined speed is 1070 mph or1718 feet per second

Assume a digital movie camera recording 30 frames per second.

Establish a viewport, which is the distance seen out the window that the object flies through.

A 1000 ft viewport, object visible for . 58 seconds, or 17.4 frames shown
B 500 ft viewport, object visible for ..29 seconds, or 8.7 frames shown
C 250 ft viewport, object visible for .15 seconds, or 4.5 frames shown

C is out of the question, since the size of the Lear would be much larger, however something between A and B
is possible. It seems to me there are 11 to 12 frames shown, which would put the viewport at around 700 to 800 ft.

Substitute the Lear for something much smaller, perhaps....

This is just hypothetical to see what might come out of this.

Note: the 50% speed reduced view that was shown; whatever process was used subtracted frames. The original is the only useful data.

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: added content

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Interesting that he panned the camera up literally at the EXACT second needed to to catch it, any less and he would not have caught it, strange.

Only way to really verify this is to find out if the plane traveling in the same direction of the "object" reported it. If not, doesn't exist and is fake.

I think he taking a picture of the other airplane traveling in the opposite direction when he caught the other object speeding in the same direction as the other airplane. It's really hard to say. Could have been just about anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Soulece
These are hilarious theories to explain this event. The speed of the thing is insane. Pay attention to detail. Oh yeah that's totally a bird. Weather balloon? Come on. I haven't read a good explanation other than a UFO and that's being 100% realistic thinking. The speed gives more detail away than I think people are noticing.

Uhm...how do you think it would look like IF (repeat: IF) a big bird or balloon is by coincidence in that area, right at the side of the window and the plane goes by with, say, 500mph? It will appear as if "the speed of the thing is insane", simply because the speed of the plane going by.

As for the other guy who claims "it has a cigar shape". The shape cannot be determined AT ALL. The object is so fast and only visible in 2 or three frames, it *will* look like a streak/cigar....regardless of the actual shape of the object.

I still think it's a hoax since the YT uploader and the entire video is fishy.

Certainly wouldn't be going that much faster than a plane.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod

Originally posted by Soulece
These are hilarious theories to explain this event. The speed of the thing is insane. Pay attention to detail. Oh yeah that's totally a bird. Weather balloon? Come on. I haven't read a good explanation other than a UFO and that's being 100% realistic thinking. The speed gives more detail away than I think people are noticing.

So what you are saying that an alien spacecraft is more plausable than a weather balloon? Because we should automatically assume that it is obviously of Alien Origin as opposed to something from Earth.....

Im not laughing so I don't see what was hilarious about my expaination...... I am basing my guess on my knowledge of the National Airspace System with 16 years of experience controlling aircraft in 5 different countries.

What is your proffessional experience that lends credit to your theory?

edit on 6-2-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

Yes, because , using logic, a weather balloon would not be shooting horizontal right past a plane basically leaving that plan in its dust. But you know, that's just the brain talking there.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

What do I think? One, I think it would be nice if they left off the little insert, suggesting to people what THEY believe that very fast object was. That's just annoying. Nothing in that video suggests a saucer shape at all. Two, well, honestly, it is most likely another plane, closer, and thus appearing to be "faster". If we had all the flight data, location, flight number, time of video, etc., and could check with the local towers, I would bet that second object could be identified as a plane, just like the first one. Until someone comes outwith proof (as in sworn statements from the tower guys, etc) that this wasn't the case, I am going with "airplane". Cool video, sure, but plane. If I had shot it, that is what I would think.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by ntech
I think it might be a goose of some kind myself. The UFO is close and small. And the plane they are in is going 300-400 mph in the other direction. A goose would shoot past like that.

Too true, same as a seagull flying past a cabin window of say, a hydrofoil in the opposite direction, that'll just about catch your eye, but it is all relative. Geese don't fly at the heights depicted here, and this Goosey would need a closing speed at least equal to the airliner speed, say 1000 mph combined, and that's conservative. So that Goosey would be well cooked then, however I don't think you would hear Goosey flying by in an aircraft cabin.
edit on 6-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Actually there are records of high flying birds.
Link

Yet long-distance aviators that traverse oceans or mountains regularly reach altitudes of 20,000 feet. Sightings from planes and radar reveal that these birds, like bar-tailed godwits that fly from Alaska to New Zealand, can get close to such heights. Over the Atlantic, a pilot spotted whooper swans at 27,000 feet. Bar-headed geese rise to 30,000 feet, passing over Mount Everest and the Himalayan Mountains on their way from the Tibetan plateau to their wintering grounds in India. The highest honors go to a Ruppell’s griffon vulture. Alas, while cruising over the Ivory Coast at an altitude of 37,900 feet in 1975, this poor soul was sucked into a jet engine. That’s one high and mighty trip.

I still think he just saw a high flying goose. Possibly catching a tailwind from the jet stream.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
great find

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Firstly - thanks to all who have posted so far.....

Still not entirely sure what to make of this so still classified as 'un-identified' in my book however I agree with those who detest the hoaxers out there........ I really want to find evidence of something out there which is NOT us....

If found then our world could change dramatically for the better IMHO.....

Oh we'll one day......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The sounds you hear are interior plane noise, the "object" doesn't make a noise when it flies by, to me that is suspicious.

You have an object clearly going faster than the speed of sound and no sonic boom?
no breaking the sound barrier?
Nothing? i call fake

Please explain to us why a supposedly unidentified flying object that manifests unconventional characteristics and behavior must be subject to the limitations of conventional aircraft?

It's kind of like saying that from a 18th century perspective, if I see a cart move with no horse to pull it then it must be fake somehow, because everybody knows a cart needs a horse or some other animal to pull it in order to move.

I couldn't possibly imagine a 20th century explosive engine moving a cart. therefore it's impossible and a fake.

Try to imagine technology that has solved certain problems, even though it might seem unimaginable to you doesn't mean it is impossible.

I would say that a majority of UFO reports share the characteristics of no sound, or no sonic boom at supersonic speeds, so it's nothing out of the ordinary to a seasoned UFO investigator.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Not sure why you're not getting flags for this...

Maybe people are too lazy to click on the link...for those people, here's the video:

"WOAH...Its a BIRD! "

"WOAH...Its a PLANE!"

"WOAH...Its SUPERMAN!!!"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
so i do think there are ufos out there, but my first thought, it was a comet, but it would be a pretty close one.
considering ppl notice the comet about the one coming november, and no news (as far as i know) about this one.
might be not a comet but ufo. yaaay

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by smurfy

First of all, if it was a real object, it could have been moving slowly, and the apparent speed could have been caused by the plane whizzing past it at 500 mph (800 km/h) -- especially if the object was a small object and was close to the camera.

However, that could be all a moot point, because as ATS member 'Zarniwoop' pointed out on the previous page, this seems to be a hoax. The object seen in the slowed down version of the video is in a different location as the object as seen in the original speed version -- as if the person making the CGI fake made two different fakes -- one regular speed fake video and on slow motion fake video.

Zarniwoops post here:

So what you have is that the position of the object in the slowed-down video does not match the regular speed...

I don't think so, the slowmo will be different, and less detailed, false frames, (as you mentioned yourself at one point) never mind us looking at the results on our computer.

As for aircraft speed, it will still be a closing speed between two 'objects' which will be faster than any one objects own speed. I happen to think it is another jet, not a goose with a jet engine.
I allow that I don't have my stereo PA amp set up at the moment to see if the jet noise is possibly added in, if it was, then you have a simple hoax, but messing around with something that is already highly compressed, and then compressing it even more, makes no sense.
edit on 7-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Could very well be a sun/light reflection on the window.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The sounds you hear are interior plane noise, the "object" doesn't make a noise when it flies by, to me that is suspicious.

You have an object clearly going faster than the speed of sound and no sonic boom?
no breaking the sound barrier?
Nothing? i call fake

I didn't even pay attention to the sound until you said something.

You might need some headphones bro man and some good ones at that. The sound that it makes is almost indescribable. Maybe it can be liken to that of the cars in 'The Jetsons'

I think this may be legit.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by smurfy

Zarniwoops post here:

I don't think so, the slowmo will be different, and less detailed, false frames, (as you mentioned yourself at one point) never mind us looking at the results on our computer.

I considered the false frames and video compression interlacing -- but why would the object be in a different position relative to the other plane in the distance if it was a case of "false frames" or interlacing. Wouldn't the object always be in the same place relative to the other plane and the edge of the window frame in the slo-mo as it would in the original?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
im going to go with drone for this one. either ours.. or theirs LOL

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join