It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post A Funny, I'm Bored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I feel this belong in the rant section. I realise that we are not allowed threads about individual members but I am sure there is no rules about threads about threads. So, to the Rant.

I was stuck in work on a 12 hour shift yesterday, nothing much going on but I have to sit at my desk anyway, so of course there isn't much to do apart from browse ATS. I do not usually partake in large threads because I like to be able to get a full feel of the conversation, I think bumping into a thread without knowing what is going on is akin to butting in on a conversation you have only half heard, so I think best to avoid it normally.

Well anyway, I browse the recent threads list in both on and off topic and find that the topics were a bit dry and as I had 12 hours to burn I had to seek entertainment else where. Now I had actually seen the "Post A Funny" thread many times before but because it was hundreds of pages long I had never opened it but yesterday I thought, what the hell, why not. Anyway I opened the thread around 1300 (Grenwich Mean Time) and started browsing, I was suprised, I started on the last page and just started working backwards for as long as I didn't get bored. You see this is where the trouble starts, browsing funny pictures isn't exactly what your boss wants to pay your wages for and when he's in the same office and he hears regular streams of me bursting into fits of laughter, he soon realises somethings afoot.

I must admit, I was suprised by the steady stream of belting funny pictures, and if you remember I did say I planned to read for as long as the thread kept me interested, anyway 6 and a half hours later, I'm still in the same freaking thread, over 150 pages read........ and I'm still suffering from random bursts of laughter. How did I waste over 6 hours of my life, in 1 single ATS thread.......and how have I still got a job??????

Damn you ATS and damn you OP of Post a funny I'm bored.

P.s. Another 12 hour shift today, I guess I better find where I left off yesterday

edit on 5-2-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Haha. Great job reading the whole thread

This one is for you :-

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

i haven't seen the thread,is the name of the thread post a funny ? its ok i found it
going to do my jobs for the day and then take a look lol
edit on 5-2-2013 by darknewt because: its ok i found it

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

cheers
i started looking its going to be a good day today lol

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

I need some just for men and just for men beard by the looks of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
[snip]

i offer these [on short notice]
edit on 5-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm so glad I've been with that thread from day one. It can take quite a bit of time to catch up if I've been offline for even a couple of days and I'd hate to imagine the amount of time I'd waste there if I just stumbeled onto it today.

Its probably one of the best threads on all of ATS and its the first I open up when I come here.

Some days, its what makes the whole ATS experience worthwhile.

We all need a little break from the gloom and doom threads all over the place and the funny pics thread fits the bill perfectly.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I did notice in that thread that you may have a tendancy to like all things CAT

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
- Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you take them while driving.
- Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee
- Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband!
- I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.
- Don't marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without, but whatever you do, you'll regret it later.
- You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.
- Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
- Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she will take it anyway.
- My wife and I always compromise. I admit I'm wrong and she agrees with me.
- Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
- Ladies first. Pretty ladies sooner.
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
- You are getting old when you enjoy remembering things more than doing them.
- It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss.
- Saving is the best thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.
- It's funny when people discuss Love Marriage vs Arranged. It's like asking someone, if suicide is better or being murdered.
- There is only one perfect child in the world and every mother has it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Earl and Bob, both obsessed with baseball, never missed their favorite team’s game. They promised, whoever died first, and went to heaven, would come back to earth and tell the other if there was baseball in heaven. One day, Earl died. Bob waited for him to come back. Finally Earl did. He said to Bob. "I have good news and bad news. I'll tell you the good news first. There is baseball in heaven." Bob said, "That’s the best news!" Then Earl said, time for the bad news....”You're pitching tomorrow night."

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A 17 year-old Antartican boy was hired to paint a white line down the middle of the highway. On the first day, he got off to a good start and he painted a white line 7 miles long. The next day, however, he painted a line only 4 miles long. On the third day, he was down to less than a mile. Finally, his friend Max asked him why he was doing less each day. The boy replied, "I guess it takes me longer and longer to get back to the bucket each day."

top topics

join