It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Might Be Disturbing Your Sleep Could Be Right in Front of Your Face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I want to remind you all again that the only change that was made is that I turned the laptop off. While the notion of light disturbing sleep happens, I want to remind you also that I did not fall asleep easier or harder, and in fact I still had my television and lamp on when the dreams were induced... which are all light sources if you didn't already see what I was getting at... again, the only change was the computer being shutdown and unplugged, still had plenty of light sources available in room.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
look into orgone

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I know that if anything is left on I simply cannot sleep. It's almost as if I can feel the electricity buzzing through me, and when I power everything off, it's like my body feels the silence.

This ^

I was just about to say pretty much the same thing.

You're definitely on the right lines OP. Whenever I leave my laptop on overnight, I wake up about 4 or 5 am with a bad headache. I reach over, shut my laptop down and unplug the power, and I can feel the difference instantly. Same with my phone.

I've not made the connection with dreaming before, but you're probably right. I will pay attention to that from now on.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The EM infiltration we all have to deal with is certainly an issue; I'm convinced it causes a lot of illnesses and mental health issues. That Frequency movie is wonderful.

But as an aside, as you get older the amount of melatonin you produce wanes; you can try taking melatonin an hour or two before bed, but something that works even better for me is 5-HTP. It's a direct precursor to serotonin in the brain (not enough serotonin, no melatonin...chemically one follows another) and it has anti-depressant properties. Works like a charm.

As a warning, though, there are serotonin uptake 'nodes' in the small intestine; they are what gets triggered when you get nauseous, it's a normal body response to get rid of toxins, whatever. In some people, perhaps 20%, the first dose or two of 5-HTP will cause nausea. After that, the nodes cease reacting to it but it's worth knowing about; if you try 5-HTP, do so on a night when you can handle being sick afterwards. It's worth the trial run, believe me. It may cause vivid dreams the first few nights also, that's just your REM stages catching up.

At first I used it for several months in a row, did wonders for low grade depression and an inability to get to sleep and then stay asleep. That was years ago and now I only use it infrequently, not even once a month. It's like it reset my brain. It's a joy to be able to fall asleep within minutes of closing my eyes.

The other thing that people seem to forget is that caffeine (which clears the 'sleepy' chemical out of the brain) has a long half-life. If you have caffeine after 4 o'clock in the afternoon, it's still in your bloodstream at midnight.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well last night I slept with my laptop still open/on and my PS3 still going I was able to get a dream or two in but I think it was more in line with me knowing that I don't have to work for a few days and therefore I'm calmer. Perhaps there is still something to it but mostly I believe I just finally caught myself and break and was able to relax myself enough to dream

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

You beat me to it but I did want to point out what I have said in another thread a while back, the pineal gland may be getting interference from our 2.4Ghz devices like wireless internet and cordless phones. I have recently wondered if TPTB decided to let consumer devices crowd what may be our sacred spectrum. Hmm...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

When I used to meditate I started being able to "sense" energy.. There are a few main devices that are bad for me. CRT (TV or Computer Monitor), Laptops, Radios (any kind including Alarm clocks)...

So when I would meditate I could hear the high pitched buzz of these things and the Buzz was at the same frequency as my mind, so it was cutting me off from any deeper connection. I had to go around and turn them all off, before I could continue. I could sense whenever a TV was turned on Anywhere in the house.

My conspiracy mind says this is on purpose to keep us away from our higher selves, so that we are cut off as just a body. Your brain maybe a transceiver as well as a Hard Drive/Processor.. In this way you would still have all your normal memories, but the spirit may be getting cut off, or maybe it's the muse that is cut off..

Drugs are addictive as behaviors are, as magnetic fields are.. These all change the "electricity" of the brain.. We end up liking certain frequencies because we grow comfortable with them. Without these secure frequencies other frequencies can ride in. This makes us anxious just like an alcoholic with no money..

I would urge anyone to meditate and get that buzz sound going in their brain, but make sure all electronics are OFF. I also turn off the AC/Heater.. Have no electronics in the room, and have the "entertainment center" (Brain entrainment center) on a power strip with an off switch I can hit.

Understand this Muse Album cover: The Origins of Symmetry.. Brain and Heart and I bet other centers especially the Spine are antennas.. Do we want their signal to comply, or should we be connected more to the earth (our brain waves follow the earth's Schuman resonance).. The Schuman resonance has been raising in frequency to something like 13 hz from 7 hz in something like 40 years.. Could the widespread electronics and electromagnetic fields be "Full Spectrum Dominance" To try and head off the awakening of consciousness??

On to dreams. I think those come from outside your body somehow.. competing magnetic fields disrupt this flow of information like a radar Jammer would to a radar, or the old school TV scramblers..

The goal is to be free from god. their goal I mean.. Safe in the protective shield of man made electromagnetic fields.

On to another point. Have you ever made a radio work without an antenna? I noticed one day that I was a VERY strong antenna. My stereo antenna was missing after a move so all that was there was 2 holes for wires to be clamped into.. I could not pick up even close stations. I put my hand where the connectors where and I could get any station the same as if a metal antenna was attached...

Knowing this that I am an antenna for radio frequency, it makes me want to reduce the fields I am in to their lowest level no matter what.. Oddly enough my girlfriend is the opposite.. She blocks electromagnetic fields.. I can sense her energy very strongly to the point that I have to yell across the house for her to stop feeling that anxious emotion she was feeling.. I guess you could say I am more sensitive to it than most.

I'm thinking about getting an EMF detector so I can try to find dead zones in my house to put my bed, and meditation chair..

By the way people give off that same high pitched EEEEEEEE sound that CRT TVs give off.. You have to tune into it a little as it is above physical frequency limits of your ears, but it's there.. It get's hard to find in the presence of TVs hence my comment that this may be a purposeful assault on our soul antennas..

"Fight With Tools"

[Spoken: Transmitted.... signals coming through? .....okay]

Echo echo one-nine
Hear the call through fault lines
Smoke signals, old rhymes
Shorted lights in store signs
Spelled in a broken code
Find that it is time to
Breath, build, bend, and refine you
We sky tenants
Give it all but wont give up
Radio soul antennas
Radio to lift spirits
Call sign commando
M.o. is independence
Scream till the walls fall,
Dissolve all the limits

Occupied minds
Unemployed skills
Desolation
Worn out
Torn down
Just for now thrill seekers
Slanging
Test tube babies in beakers
Where gun blasts pump straight from the speakers
The system where the
Poor get poorly paid
To hold the ladder
Where the rich get ricocheted
Into the stratosphere
And in between people are rushin' like vladimir
With metals to make their status clear
Get us out of here

We need heroes
Build them
Don't put your fist up
Fill them
Fight with our hopes and our hearts and our hands
We're the architects of our last stand
[x2]

There's a war going on for your mind
Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing
The battlefield is everywhere
There is no sanctuary
There are no civilians
You have two choices
Surrender or enlist

edit on 2/5/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory, and I think you're onto something - but perhaps not in the way you suspect..?

I strongly believe that there are different 'types' of dreams. Some are a meaningless jumble of imagery and concepts that have been explored in some way during the day, or in recent times, which the subconscious simply has available to file and sort, perhaps resolve in some fashion if there are any misunderstandings in relationships between two concepts, etc.

Secondly, I believe there are dreams that demonstrate a different quality, which are in essence a signal - or a set of archetypal experiences - denoting truths that you have yet to assimilate into your personal subconscious. These could be from either genetic memory (what is all that junk DNA??), or from 'higher forces' suggesting new concepts, or aiding you to revisit old concepts, to help you walk upon your unique path. Sometimes 'lower forces' may seek to damage you in some way, and this can occur as the result of the choices of others (eg - magic) Another possibility for these dreams, which usually have a fairly striking impression upon you, and mostly follow a moderately well-defined thematic group of concepts, is that they are formed by dipping into a 'group subconscious' - or perhaps, even due to 'soul traveling', whereby you enact a 'walk-in' upon another's memory, experience, visualisation (etc..)

Thirdly, the most highly prized dreams of all, are those where unequivocally personal messages of Faith, Hope & Love are issued by a clearly powerful, even sovereign 'Deity' (angelic visitation, travel to the higher realms of Heaven, etc) - wherein the unification of thematically arrayed concepts is focused into a holistic 'vision-quest', entirely devoted to your good. In these dreams, you are reassured of your unique purpose on Earth & your value as a member of Humanity, as well as your status as a blessed Child of God. You can be instructed very specifically (in the resolution of life problems, etc), comforted tenderly (if you are grieving for a lost loved one, or distressed about something taking place in waking life..) You can be inspired to push on with an existing plan, or given the preliminary details - the seed - of a new plan, invariably involving the application & development of your existing talents. Lots of people have reported receiving innovative new ideas/applications for technology design, literature, scientific 'eureka' moments, etc, in these sorts of dreams..

My point, as it relates to your OP, is that the very fact that you were seeking to understand why you were not dreaming, may have been answered in a symbolic way. I say this because I dream every night, without fail, one of the above types (in approximate ratios, type 1 = 60%, type 2 = 30%, and type 3 = 10%) Yet, almost all the time, my laptop is plugged in next to my head, my mobile phone is switched on next to it, and TV set-top box is humming quietly in the corner of the room. So there's no way that the electric/magnetic fields are influencing my dreams, by the look of things.

It could be - my first instinct was - that you've not been dreaming of late, simply as a result of a change in your focus, in terms of 'life-quest'..?

By trying to figure out what has changed, and by switching off your laptop, symbolically you've ceased to concentrate on the things of this world, and have started to seek answers from the realm of the Spirit. The fact that you dreamt immediately after making this symbolic severance, could be a strong indication that you are now supposed to more intensively focus on developing your spiritual self - in a particular direction.

The one thing I would perhaps urge caution with, is that when a person begins to "Ask, Seek & Knock", responding to a sign such as the one you've been given, a time of testing begins; you may be overwhelmed with distractions, or even interfered with by negative forces seeking to ensure you don't stumble across 'The Big Secret' of their involvement in the affairs of Mankind. If this should happen, it's a sign that you're pretty close to the Truth, and I'd encourage you to search out the Narrow Path.

The Narrow Path is the one I least wanted to travel - I avoided it for years, seeking answers & communion with God in various New Age groups. Years later, I was utterly fed up of seeing book after book, website after website, person after person full of conflicting, useless, wooly, intangible, nonsensical advice (EG - ''there is no such thing as Truth, each must find his own way, create his own reality'') That sort of tripe, I learnt, is perpetuated by fakers & charlatans, defrauders & deceivers - and those nice folk who found a rough semblance of warmth about the whole thing, who were never that badly off to start with. The whole point is that the New Age provides an 'easy fix', with rose-tinted spectacles & zero self-challenge required.

So what did I do?

Continued below....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

never mind - too off-topic, have messaged OP instead...
edit on 5-2-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I usually hate threads like this but I can relate.....I will have periods for months of dreaming or not dreaming...never really thought why.

My ex wife....even though she was an evil Bit$%...had psychic dreams. Her dreams were so accurate that I was amazed and I almost changed my major to experimental psychology. I was just so impressed and now I fully believe that a psychic something exists. Well anyway...she would always complain if we had anything electronic near the bed....even a radio alarm clock....so for awhile our bedroom was completely dark with nothing running because she would "feel" the currents or something. I can't really explain it and for all I know she was full of crap, but when I read your thread it totally reminded me of her. I can't say I have ever felt or really noticed anything like that...but she definitely wasn't a liar...so she was either crazy or really felt something.

Thx for the thread mate.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

The one thing I would perhaps urge caution with, is that when a person begins to "Ask, Seek & Knock", responding to a sign such as the one you've been given, a time of testing begins; you may be overwhelmed with distractions, or even interfered with by negative forces seeking to ensure you don't stumble across 'The Big Secret' of their involvement in the affairs of Mankind. If this should happen, it's a sign that you're pretty close to the Truth, and I'd encourage you to search out the Narrow Path.

I left that reality because of the above quoted text.. It's more true than most might ever know.. There are some not nice things that could be hell bent on your destruction mentally physically spiritually..

You will be distracted first.
You will lose sleep.
At some point something like demons come to Force you away from the path..

I'm finally nearing readiness to get back in.. I've been using an addiction to ATS and Alcohol to stay off the holy path as to get everything to leave me alone.. In writing this I'm telling them I'm coming back, and this time I'm ready.

Time to turn the river back on.
edit on 2/5/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe that some signals "hamper dreams", I have to buffer that with the awareness that our bodies are penetrated by a plethora of signals day and night from all sorts of sources. Power lines, Microwave communications, cell towers and Satellite signals. Two way radios for police, fire and air traffic control. Television and radio broadcasts, amateur radio, cosmic rays, the earths magnetic field, the sun... hell even Jupiter bathes us in RF noise. The appliances in your home that always run like your fridge, all the wall transformers they sell us. Even the house itself is a cage of single phase alternating current. 120 volts of that runs through every switch, wall socket, light fixture and power cord in the house... 24/7.

You want to experiment fine, but the controls you are using are kind of subjective. Glad you are dreaming again, just not sure there is any connection to EMF.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread!

I also cannot understand why I do not dream anymore and I, like you, really want to. Like you, I fall asleep every night with my lap top on reading ATS. This may explain every thing.

So once again, thank you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Your body needs to dream. I don't think scientists understand exactly why still, but if you don't dream in your sleep your body will start doing it while you're awake, and you'll start hallucinating. So if that isn't happening to you you can be sure you are dreaming.

It is not uncommon not to remember our dreams. Usually the only time we remember a dream is when we are awaken from one suddenly.

If you want to try it set your alarm for a weird hour that you're probably in REM to wake you. You'll probably be jolted from a dream and be able to remember at least parts of it then.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I keep no electronics in my bedroom. No cellphones, tv, radio or alarm clock. I keep all of that a room away from my room..

I thought it was common knowledge that all the pollution caused by electronics affected your sleep.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

That's a good point. I also find that upon waking up if you don't move at all and just keep your mind in it's current state, and wait, that dream memories will pop in that way..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I sleep about 10 feet away from my PC every night, and I usually have a movie or tv show on in the background. I dream .... remember my dreams probably 3 to 4 times a week. Funny thing dreams tho.... I can remember dreams from when I was 5 and up.... Only certin ones tho. Im 33 now.
Anyways to the poster of this thread, im happy that you found out what worked for you so you could dream again. Hopfully no nightmares tho

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
Hey there ATSers

I discovered something fairly interesting these last few nights on accident and would like to tell you all about it

So, for the last 8 months to maybe even a year or so now I have been confused as to why I was no longer having dreams when I go to sleep at night. No dreams, not a one, well, that I could remember at least. I thought, hmm, well maybe I'm just going through a phase, maybe it's not so odd, I heard of other people who don't dream very much when they used to in the past, maybe my lifestyle and daily life had perhaps changed somehow from a year or so ago and that could be attributing to this?
I remember having dreams almost every night years ago, or even so much as maybe a year and half ago I was dreaming pretty regularly every night. I enjoy dreams, I look forward to going to sleep so I can have them.
So, I thought about it some more and decided that I would try some methods out to see if I could get them back. I looked online for ways to promote dreaming. I started listening to binanural beats while laying down to rest in bed at night. I tried all different Hz and frequencies and still, nothing happened and I still was not getting my dreams.

I starting trying visual meditation, focusing on a beautiful scenery while I lied in bed at night before I fell asleep and imagining myself there. Nope...still no dreams...

I tried taking some natural sleep aid "melatonin", I didn't hear anything about it promoting dreams really but I thought hey why not I'll give that a shot too. Took some melatonin and still the dreaming did not ensue.

So, finally, Saturday night 2/4/13, I just happened to decide that I had enough of my laptop, and I decided to completely shut it down (power off) and I even unplugged the power chord from it.

My laptop ---which conveniently and distractingly is always on at all times (I never shut it down until Saturday night) and is always kept on stand, again, conveniently and distractingly, "right next to my face", next to my bed whille I sleep every night...

As you can guess, that night when I went to bed, I had a dream, for the first time in what seemed like forever. I woke up and remembered the entire dream. It wasn't anything extraordinary but it was still a dream and I still remembered it when I woke up the next morning. Needless to say I was pretty amazed... and happy.

I knew right away that shutting the laptop down is what caused me to dream. I mean, how could it not be the reason?

So, last night, I decided to to shut my laptop off again right before falling asleep. And just for the sake of it I unplugged the power chord again like I did the night before. What do you know? That's right, another dream happened.

Tonight I will also shut my laptop down and unplug it. If I have another dream I will be almost convinced that my computer was the cause of stopping my dreams for these many months. I am almost certain now that the reason I wasn't dreaming was because of the eletromagnetic frequencies and waves emitted from the computer. I believe they were literally the direct cause.

So what I'll do now obviously, is shut it down again tonight. If a dream happens, that will be fantastic, but then what I'm going to do to test this theory after perhaps a few more nights of shutting the computer down, is I will then start leaving the computer on again while I sleep for just a few more nights, if my dreams stop happening again after I do this, I should have proof. This should tell me for sure whether or not the EMFs from the laptop are indeed attributing to my sleeping patterns and taking my dreams from me.

I already knew that my laptop is often a distraction when it comes to getting to sleep at night. I have also known that it probably isn't good for me to keep it running next to my face all the time because it does radiate EMFs, like microwaves and pretty much anything else that is ran by electricity and that isn't good for you, even though we are all exposed to them every day, it's probably not a good idea to add to the problem if you can help it... but I really didn't know specifically that it was the main reason I wasn't having dreams anymore.

I thought this was all very interesting. I didn't even shut the laptop down in the first place as an experiment to see if I would dream, I was just sick of looking at the screen that night haha. It's pretty nice when you find things out on accident sometimes, because this was just the answer I was looking for.

Have a nice night and sleep tight,

I too have been aware of this trend of dreams occurring whenever my laptop is turned off.

The thing is that I have grown so accustom to sleeping next to any external source of noise, like the radio or a laptop. Quite odd. I'll test this again in the upcoming nights

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I know that if anything is left on I simply cannot sleep. It's almost as if I can feel the electricity buzzing through me, and when I power everything off, it's like my body feels the silence.

Some nights it's so intense it causes physical stimulus that forces me to go and hunt down whatever is on... like I can hear a droning electrical buzz. ha.. weird.

but as soon as I do that the insects will chirp up and then it's back to ear plugs and insomnia...

I'd do anything just to have a quiet nights sleep... I know for a fact the amount of electrical energy around me causes me no good.

we are, after all, aware of our conscious due to the electrical and chemical reactions in our brains.

That makes sense. Certain people are way more susceptible than others.

I really appreciate this thread.. I've been wanting to learn more about this subject for some time but didn't even know how to start googling the right terms.

There was a really good Coast 2 Coast broadcast about this maybe 6 months ago.. maybe even longer. It was great though.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, I think it's a good idea to turn off your electronics before you go to sleep anyways, whether if you dream or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join