It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Might Be Disturbing Your Sleep Could Be Right in Front of Your Face

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
I don't know if this only works for you, but I do dream while asleep, after facing the laptop for 2-3 hours straight.

I think it's the level of awareness, one tends to have while they go of to sleep. Even after sleep the brain is actively processing data.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace
edit on 4-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

Turning the laptop off could have various results for different people, or no results at all when it comes to promoting dreaming. But It's worth looking into I think. I don't believe this is just a fluke that I happened to dream for no other reason than I just happened to. Also, you say after facing it for 2-3 hours straight, that is a little different from having it on next to your face all night while you sleep.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Perhaps you may have conditioned yourself this way, that you could only fall asleep with something to aid you. Just saying.

I like sleep when I am really needing it, I think this is that part where they say "sleeping like a log"..hehe

Peace

Yes, I'm sure it's because I'm conditioned to it, I get creeped out at night sometimes so that's why I do it. Ha. Such is life.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Certainly, when you have a light source directly in front of your eyes while closed. I think the mind continues to process the light rays through your eyelids.

Hence, I suppose that is why the "minds" focus is centered upon processing the light source, while there are now room for the mind to ponder, or visualize your dreams.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have very complex lucid dreams when I sleep. NO meds I take before I wake

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Interesting but is the lap top in the same room with you?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think you're correct about the laptop, except that it is more likely the ultrasonic frequencies the charger and power circuitry generate. There are sounds that we don't consciously perceive that are still picked up by our ears. I'm fairly sensitive to those sounds and have to not only power down equipment, but sometimes unplug it to stop the chargers and wall-worts from emitting high pitched noises that disturb me, but not my wife. Unfortunately, I can't stop the quarries in the area from running their equipment at night and generating very low frequency hums that really disrupt the quality of sleep I get.
Ear plugs unfortunately do not filter out the lows so well since they easily penetrate the skull.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Interesting but is the lap top in the same room with you?

All the time, it's me best mate..hehe

Edit:
Perhaps, you would like to know if there are any electric disturbance along with the laptop, Well for me somethings I feel a migraine come on, I suspect intact of to much light through the iris, and I just pour some good ol panodol, and that takes care of the headaches, but also turn of the laptop if such is the case.

Peace
edit on 5-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by okachobi

I have heard that ELF waves (extra low frequency ) Can cause some weird experiences. Is ELF the same as infra-sound? Correct me if I am wrong

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Can a house full of wifi signals affect your sleep. The mind boggles

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As I belong to the 20-30% of the population that is extrasensitive to this, I always sleep and meditate with computers turned off, wifi turned off, cell phones turned off and in another room. I also sleep deeper when I use my version of a tinfoil hat. I purchased some metal mosquito screen material, fashion a hat for myself and covered it with a pleasant wool hat big enough to cover the inside edges well.
Over the years, I found that my sleep is deeper, dreams are more colorful, after meditation you can get to an lucid dreaming state etc. And I wake up more refreshed.
If the main comp is turned off, it is better. Wifi seems to be stronger but OK. A cell phone in the same room is a nightmare - I am always kicked back upwards whenever I try to sink down below alpha level to true sleep (Theta waves and lower). And, since this is a noisier place, I always sleep and meditate with silicone earplugs.
Occultists say they pull out all electric devices in the room where they sleep. Also, consider switching to a wind-up alarm clock instead of an electric radio one. Or, place your mobile alarm at least fifteen feet from your head.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Is your version of the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist certified? If not you should run it through inspection and get a certified sticker on it to make sure it's legit just in case.

I always thought the Occult was very interesting. I've been researching it a little on and off for several years now and will probably continue to quietly learn more about it on my own, although some aspects scare the living bajesus out of me and I refrain from actually testing out some stuff for general learning and knowledge purposes out of interest. Do you know a lot about it yourself?
edit on 5-2-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
to the original post. i just unplugged everything in my room and turned off all electronics before i went to sleep. i had a normal dream, self initiated sleep paralysis, and a lucid dream in one night. it hasn't even been ten minutes since I've woke and i am typing this. i think it worked so thank you. i will share what i wrote down as soon as i woke up on my macbook. this is copy and pasted:

just had sleep paralysis and a lucid dream

as i went into sleep paralysis i noticed fear and steadied my breathing. from now on i will do this at the beginning

in the lucid dream i was a young black boy with a white outfit. i was running around in a empty facility. i used the bathroom in one of the rooms and then ran around some more then i started to get a strange forboding feeling that the longer i stayed there that something evil was coming for me. so i continued to run around until i found a exit. i finally found on at the end of a hallway and ran outside. as soon as i got outside i checked my surroundings not knowing where i was i automatically searched for highest ground. but then i spotted a town in the opposite direction. wanting to get away from the facility i ran. i then noticed a young white wolf cub. without hesitation i picked him up and continued running. i had to hop fences and go through holes in the fences to avoid going off a straight path to the town. i found a baseball field where children my age and there parents where playing a game. as i walked by i distinctly noticed a man staring at me and then it started to rain. i hid in one of the dugouts with my wolf cub and woke up.

thank you i recommend this to everyone.

-asher
edit on 5-2-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Can a house full of wifi signals affect your sleep. The mind boggles

I posted a video on page one that may help you figure it out.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I suspect I am wired differently than most. I dream a lot. I have a whole other life and will dream if I sleep just a little bit. Anyway...I.am real wired. Have 2 smartphone and a kindle real close and a netbook by the bed that I leave on. Both smartphones stay in arms reach....have been known to sleep on one when I got a notification that I half.woke up to attend.

Does not bother me in the least.

CX

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Also something to note is that light, even as dim as an alarm clock, can
interfere with REM sleep, i read an article ages ago about it and ever
since i have slept with a mask, it really helps allot.

I had to go to a sleep clinic once as my sleep has been pretty much non-existant since i left the forces.

One of the many tips they gave for healthy nights sleep was to turn the lights down and turn off the TV and computer (anything with a screen) at least 30 minutes before bed. Apparently the brain if fooled by artificial light into thinking it's still daylight.....therefore not time for sleep.

That may be similar to what you are saying, my brain wasn't getting into a deep enough sleep for REM to occur.

CX.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It seems as though your brain somehow has developed a switch for the transition of conciousness to sleep mode. Your brain is highly active at night so Im sure thought occurs with you not aware of it. But perhaps the transition is key to have dreamings. I know my brain produces happy images chronologically with emotion and intent and no concept of vocabulary. This happens a minute before I sleep so the transition to sleep mode is a proccess that my mind is very aware of. Back to how there is some sort of switch involved, take it from a guy who frequently dreams but of course nights I cannot recollect of having any. I have observed the side of not dreaming enough to say theres a switch, with no point A to point B, so its as if you was not concious of yourself falling asleep, so your unconcious part didnt spark the creativity secture of your brain telling you to imagine emotional thoughts coming from your exterior experiences, which is where dreams come from. Sorry for your loss. My dreams are my motivation.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

My first truly lucid dream where I was able to realize I was lucid and make aware decisions... and my most "meaningful" and intensely real or communicative ones all came during periods where I was deliberately going around and turning off AND unplugging every electrical device I could (pretty much only the fridge and AC/Heat was left powered).

It's the first thing I do when I'm seeking to dig deeper into that area again.

edit on 5-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Blue light from the morning sky and blue light from the computer at midnight our bodies dont distinquish the difference.

Blue light regulates our secretion of melatonin, the sleep hormone. Exposed to blue light, we limit the production of melatonin, and we stay alert and awake; in the absence of blue light, melatonin production ramps up, and we get sleepy.

this is the link to the article
www.marksdailyapple.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok there's something I want to suggest if you haven't already. "No Mirrors" at the foot or head or above or under NO where in your room. (I know there's a lot of people who like mirrors for various reasons in there bedrooms =p )

Reason: If our body's are energy rod's think of it as having a transitor or keeping the plug in the wall. Head to toe~

The whole Mirror thing is actually "Fung Shui" I think that's how you spell it. I did this for myself and also noticed major differences in sleep patterns. My Fiancee was also having a hard time sleeping in her apartment. The night I took those mirrors down she actually had a good night's rest.

Metaphysically~ Having Mirrors up at any part of your bedroom and sleeping with them is like locking yourself into a portal. Via: If entities come through and the mirror is pointed at you.... Well "Hot dog" I found my next target.

Same applies for having TV's at the foot of the bed, same rules apply with "Fung Shui"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Load of baloney, ive had dreams with laptop on and off and no dreams with laptop on and off.

You want to start having dreams then just pop some ZMA before you go to bed, job done.

You may even be having dreams and just not know about it, the deeper you sleep the less you remember them, the lighter your sleep the more realistic and vivid your dreams are because sometimes you are still partly conscious.

Fall asleep and set your alarm 2 hours before you usually would, wake up go to bathroom or whatever, then go back to bed you will drift into a light sleep and most likely dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join