It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Year Old Hostage in Alabama Freed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What happened...

Decide treat level is higher - per report

Then

Flash bang, kill the guy...My guess

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
If the story is as told glad the child is safe and out of harms way. I just don't know what to make of that story. Seems something to do with preppers was involved and sorry, but the possibility of doing away with a vet, and somehow setting conspirators or preppers up, yet again, and hope to heck he's got good parents not any that are a part of a bigger plot against humanity. If the story is as told, good. His safety matters the most. Just don't trust news stories as they're reported. It's not good that anyone died however.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Do you think we will ever get the full story? Sad to say, but, some people are just off. He might not have had an answer in his own head for what he did.

The amazing part is that the capture made it this far along in life, before this happened.

Bet you dollars to donuts, we find out the guy had a lot more in his past before this event.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Ah you're good! I knew something didn't add up. Yeah I actually supported your viewpoint in that thread. I don't think it should have been closed. I wonder if this post will be Off Topic.

Don't worry they will close this one too and merge it with the
other thread it all gets covered up either way...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
What happened...

Decide treat level is higher - per report

Then

Flash bang, kill the guy...My guess

The press conference was short, I quoted the enirety in the OP in an edit.

They said negitiations broke down, but offered no details.
Saw him with a gun. Became concerned for the life of the child.
Approximately 3:12 this afternoon, the FBI agents entered the bunker.

End of story.

The suspect is deceased, the child appeared unharmed, and is being checked at a local hispital.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

End of story.

The suspect is deceased, the child appeared unharmed, and is being checked at a local hispital.

They were spending A LOT of money, they were done..

Not saying the FBI did not care about the boy but they were ending this now the boy dead or alive..

The whole time this situation has been broke down for 8 days since this lunatic shot a bus driver
and kidnapped a kid...

The guy had the gun since day 1

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

End of story.

They were spending A LOT of money, they were done..

Not saying the FBI did not care about the boy but they were ending this now the boy dead or alive..

The whole time this situation has been broke down for 8 days since this lunatic shot a bus driver
and kidnapped a kid...

The guy had the gun since day 1

Just stated that they were careful to state they "observed him with the gun" so it is possible they had some type of camera they had sent, perhaps in a stuffed animal. The story, in the details, is still incomplete.

As a reporter just stated, it is still not clear if he shot himself, or an FBI agent shot him.

edit on 4-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just had an eye witness report that he heard the loud boom, then a "Lot of gun shots". The reporter asked, "Was it several gun shots?" to which he answered, "Oh yeah, like 5 or 6 gunshots."

So, as of yet, no explanation for the boom, and 5 or 6 gunshots could have been in any number of ways, but ASSuming they opened fire on the suspect, the child saw it.

Poor little munchkin.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

wonderful news, thank goodness the little guy was saved.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Just had an eye witness report that he heard the loud boom, then a "Lot of gun shots". The reporter asked, "Was it several gun shots?" to which he answered, "Oh yeah, like 5 or 6 gunshots."

So, as of yet, no explanation for the boom, and 5 or 6 gunshots could have been in any number of ways, but ASSuming they opened fire on the suspect, the child saw it.

Poor little munchkin.

99% chance that the "boom" was a flashbang of some sort. Standard to use them when doing a breach like this.

I agree with you-that poor kid. He'll have to deal with the mental side of things for the rest of his life. Hopefully the mental healthcare system in this country doesnt fail him like it did the man who kidnapped him.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree. After a time, the abducted can begin to grow to care for their abductor, so hopefully that didn't happen. Have to keep in mind, too, he most likely saw what happened on the bus, as well. He will definitely be scarred, but gratefuly, he is young and has a ton of support.

The worst thing that could happen now is that everyone just goes away. I hope that at least the central law enforcement figures maintain contact with him and his family.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Just stated that they were careful to state they "observed him with the gun" so it is possible they had some type of camera they had sent, perhaps in a stuffed animal. The story, in the details, is still incomplete.

As a reporter just stated, it is still not clear if he shot himself, or an FBI agent shot him.

I do not believe they would give us the whole story..

If the child would of died or one of the agents shot him accidentally I bet we would never know the truth..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I do not believe they would give us the whole story..

If the child would of died or one of the agents shot him accidentally I bet we would never know the truth..

But the child didn't die, and is going home to his parents. So really, all else doesn't matter about what if's, it is useless speculation.

As for never knowing the truth, one can never be guaranteed of knowing the absolute truth of anything unless you are there to witness it yourself, and even then, you will still color it with your own biases and idealogies. As has been evidenced by your posts throughout this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

As has everyone in the thread because
were all human.. Hope some of you learned a little something.
glad the child is ok and every child that has ever been saved from criminals.

edit on 4-2-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A person is dead, an American vet, it is anything but good news...

I am glad the child is safe but good news? Nothing in this story is good news, get a grip..

Then WHAT is "good news.?" That it didn't ever happen would be ideal, however, this child coming out alive is good news...no, a remarkably, unexpected, miraculous outcome considering what could have happened! May this poor troubled soul who is now gone find some peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It seems everybody forgot about the bus driver who died trying to save children. I think all the compassion on this thread is misdirected! This vet, whatever the case may be, killed a man and most likely intended to kill a child.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
It seems everybody forgot about the bus driver who died trying to save children. I think all the compassion on this thread is misdirected! This vet, whatever the case may be, killed a man and most likely intended to kill a child.

I have mentioned the bus driver, but honestly, the thread is about the end of the life of the abductor, and the rescue of the child.

I don't think compassion is misdirected at the abductor, as something had to be terribly wrong in his soul to lead him to did what he did.

Perhaps some compassion and attempting to try to understand what went wrong, the why of it all, could lead to preventing more innocent children from suffering in the future. Or, bus drivers.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A police press conference is still upcoming tonight. I will try to update with any relevant information that may come out.

News anchors:

Federal agents are still inspecting the property and surrounding area for any possible bombs or IEDs.

Somehow, Federal agents were able to get a camera on the suspect who appeared increasingly more agitated today, and he was "seen holding a gun". They believed the boy was in "imminent danger".

Press conference:

The Sheriff answered that "the boy was threatened, and this was why they made the decision to go in".

"He is eating, drinking, laughing and playing like any child his age would be, he seems to be ok."

Police refuse to answer how they got a camera on the suspect, stating that revealing techniques could jeopardize future hostage situations.

Independent investigators will be coming in to review the entire situation and do an overview on how it was handled.

The investigation is ongoing, and preventing them from releasing much information.

They thanked the press for their patience and cooperation, and gave honor to the bus driver for his heroic attempts to save the lives of innocent children.

Greta is asking hard questions, Where was law enforcement on this man? He was due in court next week, he killed a neighbors dog with a metal pipe. That was a crime.

He agreed and offered no excuses.

According to an AP correspondent Greta is interviewing, he was due in court the day the incident happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don' know. I have a little big of sympathy still. I don't know why he shot the bus driver really. He could have taken him as hostage, but I just don't know. He was a vet and considering some of the reported behaviour it seems like he needed legitimate health.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join