It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Myths About Capitalism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

What prevents any system against tyranny? There is nothing inherent in any system to prevent someone taking over by force nor could there be.

You don't have to band together in the free market. If someone is attacking your community its a natural response to make them stop. If people are armed there is little huddling up that has to take place. People will just start fighting.

An understanding of freedom and a well armed population are the best and only defense against oppression and this is exactly the foundation of the free market. There is absolute defense against thugs that want to enslave you. The best defense is exactly what the free market is!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai

What prevents any system against tyranny? There is nothing inherent in any system to prevent someone taking over by force nor could there be.

That's true that is why you won't find me advocating any system.

You don't have to band together in the free market. If someone is attacking your community its a natural response to make them stop. If people are armed there is little huddling up that has to take place. People will just start fighting.

But a group that has banded together will have a better chance of taking over an unorganized community which, again, is well documented throughout history.

An understanding of freedom and a well armed population are the best and only defense against oppression and this is exactly the foundation of the free market. There is absolute defense against thugs that want to enslave you. The best defense is exactly what the free market is!

Not really. You pointed out yourself that there has to be a sense of community. That doesn't come without some form of organization which is the first step away from free markets.

edit on 10-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What our asking for is an impossibility. There is no assurance possible that someone will not use force against you. This is impossible. To hold out for the impossible does not make sense. What you can do is make it very difficult to the point of being unbeneficial.

For this I recommend the free market.

Also a sense of community is not necessary to object to aggression. If individuals are being assaulted on a large scale there will be a large scale response. Well armed people are the best deterrent to thugs who want to take over.
edit on 10-2-2013 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crankySamurai

You recommend being part of unorganized community in order to defend against an organized force? Illogical and even more so if you take into account that coercive force does not always come with its finger on the trigger.

Also, again, I'm not asking for anything. I'm just pointing out that what you propose is equally impossible and illogical.

edit on 10-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's impossible that people operate in accordance with the principle of self-ownership? This is the core principle which I am asserting. It may not be something that people are ready to accept just yet and that's fine, but to say that it is impossible for a society to operate this by is ridiculous.

This is the only lasting way in which a society will operate.

There's nothing to stop people from organizing in defense if they want to organize btw. If people want to organize hell they can organize who am I to say.
edit on 10-2-2013 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai

It's impossible that people operate in accordance with the principle of self-ownership? This is the core principle which I am asserting. It may not be something that people are ready to accept just yet and that's fine, but to say that it is impossible for a society to operate this by is ridiculous.

You keep saying that but you are not providing anything to back that up.

I offer human nature. It has been known to lay even the best plans to waste.

This is the only lasting way in which a society will operate.

Untrue, society has been operating in other forms for a very long time.

There's nothing to stop people from organizing in defense if they want to organize btw. If people want to organize hell they can organize who am I to say.

There's also nothing stopping them to organize in offense. Therein lies the flaw.
edit on 11-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can see that there is a certain possessed quality about these words for some people - free market. They simply cannot explain logically what they mean by this, since it is something illogical anyway. It seems to me that it is similar to a religious conviction.
"If you accept Jesus, he is going to save you". (How? And from what, specifically?)
"The free market is the solution to everything".

It is certainly a good solution for the needs of capitalists hungry for money globally, especially impersonal capitalist clubs (global corporations) that operate on the same principles as the Soviet Union, however, they have far more power these days than the SU ever had, but I have not seen proof that it is good for anything else.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join