It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Richard III dug up and displayed in Leicester, England

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The dean of York minster used to be the dean of Leicester.

It has been announced today from 10 Downing Street that Her Majesty The Queen has approved the nomination of the Very Reverend Vivienne Faull, Dean of Leicester, as the next Dean of York.

www.yorkminster.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I don't understand how you lose a King.

Was the battle that intense?

I don't think he was much of a King when Henry arrived

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Looks like York has been dealt a major blow, with the Minster (in York) saying he should stay in Leicester - fu*~!ng religious tosspots!

On the other hand, the fight goes on........

York campaigners vow to continue fight for Richard III

Hello, and good to "see" you. It's been quiet on this thread since the heist. But better to be rid of the snake than to dance with the cobra.

Pure speculation, but either the Minster leaders hve been "talked to" by someone in power or they realized that if the body came to them, that would be their legacy and main focus. Tourists all day long, mud to be cleaned, noise and concessions outside, women without hats, and all manner of little children screeching. The option was to accept that, or go on with business as usual which they probably are quite used to and enjoy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gildenel
The dean of York minster used to be the dean of Leicester.

It has been announced today from 10 Downing Street that Her Majesty The Queen has approved the nomination of the Very Reverend Vivienne Faull, Dean of Leicester, as the next Dean of York.

www.yorkminster.org...

Ah, now there we have political intrique in the mix. His friends and former associates may have been burning up the phones to him. Loyalty is where the heart is, not where the body is (in this case a couple of bodies, one a King, one a Dean).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

York Minster has revolved around tourism since its conception (Pilgrims originally, Japanese and American tourists these days). Gaining more tourists, not less, it what they constantly focus on (repairs need paying for!).

Interesting about the Dean though. Not surprised in the slightest though. My only surprise is that Dr Sentamu hasn't weighed in yet - usually, he will wade into anything!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

York Minster has revolved around tourism since its conception (Pilgrims originally, Japanese and American tourists these days). Gaining more tourists, not less, it what they constantly focus on (repairs need paying for!).

Interesting about the Dean though. Not surprised in the slightest though. My only surprise is that Dr Sentamu hasn't weighed in yet - usually, he will wade into anything!

Then this statement by the Dean is even more puzzling, and hopefully her own staff and supporters will counter her attitude and get behind the York request.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For readers of this thread, Helen Conway has posted another great thread about the move to identify the bones of King Alfred the Great. Kings are popping up all over!

That thread is at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just to update, it may not be over just yet regarding burial location.......

Richard III petition continues to grow

It seems this is now the most popular petition on the government website.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Just to update, it may not be over just yet regarding burial location.......

Richard III petition continues to grow

It seems this is now the most popular petition on the government website.

As we it should be. An outrage of Royal proportions. As I said, I hope the minster's staff and funders defy the Dean, carry her out in a chair and dump her in Leicester, and get busy supporting York's position.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If confirmed, i would say this puts York in pole position.......

Richard III's son rests in Sheriff Hutton

Lay him to rest with his son........the Church even has a Plantagenet coat of arms stained glass window.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

If confirmed, i would say this puts York in pole position.......

Richard III's son rests in Sheriff Hutton

Lay him to rest with his son........the Church even has a Plantagenet coat of arms stained glass window.

Thanks for the link to an interesting article. If Richard went to this site to bury his son, and made all the other arrangements to be buried in Minster, the North draws his bones home like a bone-magnet. If he is buried in York there will be no controversy, maybe some mumbling in Leicester. If he is buried in Leicester then controversy will reign and the bones will not rest peacefully, as they did when he was being driven and parked upon.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I hope York gets to bury him .. I notice the Royal pretenders are quiet [ I know we will agree to disagree about the pretenders]
But York is a lovely city, ancient and it was his home/ name sake

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

I hope York gets to bury him .. I notice the Royal pretenders are quiet [ I know we will agree to disagree about the pretenders]
But York is a lovely city, ancient and it was his home/ name sake

I know! York has the majesty to honor him with full attention and fully celebration.

Really like your new avatar! I decided at some point not to put up an avatar until I get 1,500 stars, as I felt at some level that some really good and creative avatars draw stars all by themselves. Haven't even picked one yet. Good to "see" you, and, oh, I just realized that New York is named after York (I knew it but had forgotten it in this connection), so the people in York who are organizing this endeavor should talk with New York about a traveling historical exhibit. Not the bones, I don't think England would want the bones traveling the world, but a good historical look at Richard in the namesake city of the "New World".

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

it is a painting of a native American Woman and her wolf ? I liked it because I used to look a bit like that when I was younger and I love wolves - not now though

It is not me though

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

it is a painting of a native American Woman and her wolf ? I liked it because I used to look a bit like that when I was younger and I love wolves - not now though

It is not me though

I'm actually raising another wolf/dog (this one is 80% wolf - the first one was about the same), very loving and intelligent. It's not mine, but I did train him for his boundries, to not mouth human things, and other areas. When we got him he was five weeks old and surprisingly was already housetrained, very hard to do for wolves (the first one took hundreds of times of gently shaking his neck and leading him to the bells to nudge when he had to go outside, and he finally learned to do that). Lots of stories.

To make this applicable to this thread, ah, oh yes, Richard probably had a few wolves around. English Wolves, the ones with the stately fur.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I hope this works, but I don't hold out much hope.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Couldn't work out how to embed this, I can do YouTube vids but couldn't do this one.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Richard III wanted York, his son is buried here and now we have his descendants on side too.

Richard III's family want his remains reburied in York

Thinking it is about time Leicester gave up.........

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
He will almost certainly be interred at Leicester Cathedral. An agreement was made which stated that if the University of Leicester digs up his remains then he will be interred in Leicester.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick
He will almost certainly be interred at Leicester Cathedral. An agreement was made which stated that if the University of Leicester digs up his remains then he will be interred in Leicester.

Yes, an agreement was made, but does such an agreement have a binding hold on the King's own funeral plans and the wishes of his family? I would think those two things would trump an outside parties agreement, and hopefully someone will take this to the court system. His family would have the best standing for such a lawsuit, and if they do so they'd have the support of many groups and individuals.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join