It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Stop Traffic in New York City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
EDIT: Agreed it is a hoax, and have already messaged staff.

This is an accurate picture of every Friday afternoon in several locations throughout NYC where there are mosques with a large number of Muslims that cannot fit into the mosque. They fill the surrounding streets, facing east for a couple of hours between about 2.00 & 4.00 p.m.

Besides this one at 42nd St & Madison Ave, there is another, even larger group, at 94th St & 3rd Ave. Also, I presume you are aware of the dispute over building another "high rise" Mosque a few blocks from "ground zero".

With regard to that one, the "Imam" refuses to disclose where the $110 million dollars to build it is coming from and there is a lawsuit filed to force disclosure of that information.

Posted in SW, for sure, as I do not know if this is true.

But author continues:

This is in New York City on Madison Avenue, not in France or the Middle East or Yemen or Kenya.
Is there a message here???? ... Yes, there is, and they are claiming America for Allah.
If we don't wake up soon, we are going to "politically correct" ourselves right out of our own country!

omegatimes.com...

Now I don't know if this is just some Christian website with an agenda, or what.

But traffic gets stopped sometimes for a lot of reasons, right? I mean there's New Years Eve? And maybe a super bowl party? Or perhaps even a funeral.

Uh huh.

I swear this is hard. You want to be tolerant, but...

OK, That's it. IS THERE A CONSPIRACY AND AGENDA BREWING OR NOT FOR MUSLIMS TO TAKE OVER AMERICA??? Some say yes, while others deny it. Hell if I know.
edit on Sun Feb 3rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 3rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The photographs are real , the claims are lies. It shows scenes from the annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. The parade started in 1985 and happens every year. The parade only takes place once a year. Muslims do not block New York streets every Friday to pray.

The sad thing is you see a picture of muslims praying in NYC and jump to the conclusion that they are trying to take over america. It smacks of racism,

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi op

Its the same here friend

I watched them praying on the street with police present controlling traffic
This was whilst the mosque was being extended.

Also in parts of the town, carparks are being built taking years to finish,
whilst at the same time buying up old pubs and churches and converting to mosques
This is being done very slowly under your noses, here in the midlands wherever there is a mosque
there is a closed down pub near it waiting for the right time to be converted...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
The photographs are real , the claims are lies. It shows scenes from the annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. The parade started in 1985 and happens every year. The parade only takes place once a year. Muslims do not block New York streets every Friday to pray.

The sad thing is you see a picture of muslims praying in NYC and jump to the conclusion that they are trying to take over america. It smacks of racism,

Maybe it has something to do with the fact a person can't even put a little white cross on a roadside to mark the scene of a fatal wreck in many whole regions of this nation without being sued almost immediately for it ..... or long standing crosses for memorial to the fallen or memorial to past troops and wars are sued out of existence.

So... Where does it become just dandy to take a whole street specifically for prayer? Can Catholics hold mass in the middle of this same street on St. Paddys day? I'm thinking the cops would show up alright but not to assist and keep them clear of traffic.

I don't think it's so much a question of take over but a willful disregard for the rights of others while aggressively pursuing every aspect of their own, over the top of everyone else if necessary. Double Standard? Heck.. We're into triple plays here.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Those pictures were from the 2009 Muslim Day parade, and have nothing to do with current events. It has happened every year since 1985.

Snopes

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

i have pointed that out but it seems it will not stop the Muslim bashing that this site seems to tolerate.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's a parade. It's not just prayer, but prayer is part of the parade and has been for years. It goes from 42nd Street to 23rd Street down Madison Avenue. It starts with Prayers, and they have rides for children, and other events. I'd agree with you if it was just prayers, but since it's a parade, any group has the right to do the same. So if Catholics wanted to do the same for St Patrick's Day, they could.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Those pictures were from the 2009 Muslim Day parade, and have nothing to do with current events. It has happened every year since 1985.

Snopes

Ah well never mind
still gave me the opp to blow of a little whilst still speaking the truth
cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

i have pointed that out but it seems it will not stop the Muslim bashing that this site seems to tolerate.

Hey sir this site does not BASH MUSLIMS
We bash EveryOne
This site caters for all Amen

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

OK, That's it. IS THERE A CONSPIRACY AND AGENDA BREWING OR NOT FOR MUSLIMS TO TAKE OVER AMERICA???

Dont know, but at the very least, they wish to have us all SUBMIT to their undesirable beliefs.

Many a violent, hateful, and despicable beliefs.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

the story in the opening post is a LIE.

yet you start talking about how the muslims are taking over your country too. Spreading more lies. the sky is falling. the muslims are taking over.

shame on you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Okay. I don't live in NYC and have never seen the parade. So, let me ask this as it really does make all the difference ..as you note there.

Is this actually during the parade, IN the parade route closed anyway for the event and a part of the day's events? Or...so many Muslims together for the event, here...we'll just take this street over for awhile to accommodate the numbers for prayer?

Honestly? It wouldn't bother me either way and shouldn't bother anyone else......if the daily attack on Christianity right on into the court rooms and State legislatures across the nation wasn't so determined and profound in recent years. That is what sours me to pretty much anything of like nature from others.

Though, if it's all good on a street closed off whether they were doing this or not ...already planned that way for the event? Sure... Everyone has their parades and for all kinds of reasons. That really does change the whole context. The devil's in the details, eh?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
when the heck will people realise that they need to be a lot more carefull where they get their information from??

dont you ever check things out and think about them? really, you are just being propagandised and falling for the simplest of divide and conquor BS by letting your fears be played upon by governments, media outlets and prejudiced morons. ats is full of folk who fall for this, which is just too ironic.

at least think about who is handing you all this BS and learn to read between the lines - free youself from this crud

edit on 3-2-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

the story in the opening post is a LIE.

yet you start talking about how the muslims are taking over your country too. Spreading more lies. the sky is falling. the muslims are taking over.

shame on you.

I assure you many members know me
and these people are excellent at seperating fact from fiction
I never lie and tell it how it is
You are more than welcome to hook up with me and i will gladly show you how it is
cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

you seem peeved that a bunch of muslims local to you can actually pull their finger out and get stuff done, like building a mosque quickly and getting agreement from authorites about alternative arrangements

maybe you should direct your ire at the useless berks at your council/planning office etc who dont know their arse from their elbows and couldnt award a car park tender to someone who will get the job done promptly at a decent price.

but no, blame the muslims because they got their act together, makes perfect sense

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
just stop spamming the hate nonsense already

do research and use your head

I'd give you a 2 week vacation for this one

hate is ugly

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

you seem peeved that a bunch of muslims local to you can actually pull their finger out and get stuff done, like building a mosque quickly and getting agreement from authorites about alternative arrangements

maybe you should direct your ire at the useless berks at your council/planning office etc who dont know their arse from their elbows and couldnt award a car park tender to someone who will get the job done promptly at a decent price.

but no, blame the muslims because they got their act together, makes perfect sense

Sir you are misguided

I live in Coventry
The local council admits it has an immigration problem
and within that problem comes the racism and religion related crimes
as i say..a guided tour is on the table..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

i live in the west mids too, so it really aint neccessary
edit on 3-2-2013 by skalla because: typo, ayit

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's the kickoff of the Parade. They all gather, and hold Prayers, and then start the parade. The street is already closed off for the them.

The ceremony, held along a blocked-off portion of Madison Avenue, marked the start of the American Muslim Day Parade on Sunday, an annual event, first held in 1985, that brings together Muslims of many ethnicities and nationalities who worship in the New York region.

www.nytimes.com...

That was the 2010 parade. It's just like any other parade, just this one is held by Muslims in large numbers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

i live in the west mids too, so it really aint neccessary
edit on 3-2-2013 by skalla because: typo, ayit

Ok sir

We could go on for ages here so i will say
Glad to agree to disagree...

dave

top topics

<<   2 >>