It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian stealth fighter??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Edit - sorry - my bad - I mis-spelled Qaher as Qahar in the search - see www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps, perhaps not not....It might fly as they claim....but looking at the moulded material (looks like fibreglass??) on the inside of the cockpit walls I'd be dollars to dounts that it doesn't fly fast, and the pilots will not be too keen on it flying a 2nd time!

the rear/main wing looks implausibly thick and I notice the video dose nt actualy show a good shot of the rear/exhaust - so I'm going with a mock-up/model rather than a real flying a/c, regardless of what they claim.

Also some hi res stills here

And if it does actually fly and is useable then it looks like it has the avionic fit from a new-build ultralight a/c - so it's not going to be a world breaker in that respect!

Nice shape tho!

So - the latest thing in cheap lightweight stealth?? Or propaganda?
edit on 3-2-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There are a couple threads going on with some interesting discussions going on about the design.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Without going completely through all our discussion, it's been decided it's more a bomber than a fighter, and will use a variant of the J85 engine, and has no exhaust nozzle, so it's probably not afterburning.
edit on 2/3/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm not very knowledgeable at all in the realm of aviation or jets or anything like that. But I always thought fighter jets were a bit bigger?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

This is about a 3/4 scale mock up for unveiling purposes. It's not a full scale prototype.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok makes sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

It's also unfinished. If you look closely at the instrument panel you can see no wiring at all behind parts of it. It even looks like it has an 8 track or CD player on the bottom of the instrument panel. And no external panels at all. It'll be interesting to see if it really flies or not.

top topics

join