It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important football game...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has heard the Redskins rumor. For those who haven't, let me pass along the information.

Since 1936, the, then, Boston Redskins have predicted the winner of the Presidential election. And that tradition has carried all of the way until today...this year. This Washington team's last home game before the election has always alluded to the winner of the election. If their last home game is won by them, then the incumbant party "will" win the White House. If they lose, the challengers have ended up taking over. Here is a link to Snopes with each game.

www.snopes.com...

And this year, it looks like the Packers will be the opposition. And since both teams suck this year, (very telling) it might just be a close game. Well, have fun watching the game.

EDIT: Just fixing the code...

[edit on 10/29/2004 by OXmanK]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

And this year, it looks like the Packers will be the opposition. And since both teams suck this year

and so do the (D/R) candidates!

[edit on 29-10-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, here's the preview for tomorrow's game:

www.nfl.com...@WAS

Green Bay is 3-4 and Washington is 2-4 going into this game. Also, Green Bay is 2-1 on the road this year, while Washington is 1-2 at home this year.

Enjoy the game!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As a Niners fan I never thought I would EVER utter these words,

Go Packers!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
20-7 Packers after 3rd quarter.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Greenbay wins, looks like Bush is out!

[edit on 31-10-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm a Bush supporter, and was rooting for the Packers! Of course I'm from Wisconsin, so politics comes second next to football. Anyway...who says it'll remain true this year. Boston won the World Series and the Dream Team was more like a nightmare, so maybe this won't hold true this time.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
True, all the sports things seem to be messed up. Remember this? "There will be peace in the Middle East before the Red Sox win a World Series." Guess they were wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
True, all the sports things seem to be messed up. Remember this? "There will be peace in the Middle East before the Red Sox win a World Series." Guess they were wrong.

Well, it's not that anything is "messed up," it's just that all coincidental trends come to an end sooner or later. It's good to see the Red Sox win a World Series!
Now it's the Cubs' turn to shake their drought. As for the Packers at Redskins NFL game, we'll see if that coincidental trend holds tomorrow night... ah, well, by Christmas, anyway.

The world will end before there's peace in the Middle East, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm no Bush fan but I hate the Packers. I'm a Bears fan so it's only natural for me to dislike the Packers. For once, I wish this event was in Bush's favor.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I had no idea about this 'indicator' before Sunday but found it hilarious. We shall see.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As I was saying, all coincidental trends come to an end sooner or later! This coincidental trend has passed...

"Reality finally trumped coincidence in 2004. Despite the Green Bay Packers' 28-14 defeat of the Redskins at the latter's home field on 31 October, presaging a victory for Democratic challenger John Kerry in upcoming the presidential election, two days later incumbent President George W. Bush was re-elected, breaking the Redskins' predictive pattern."

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's funny. I in no way believe in all these types of superstisions, I actually caught myself checking for score updateds throughout the game. It's as if I want it to be true, but know it's just a coincidence.

top topics

join