It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 days and still hostage. Sheriff thanks suspect for taking care of boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, trying to wrap my head around this case. The guy is taking care of the boy or so he says, and so they say. But still holding him hostage probably due the fact he's in deep water for murder. But, I am really curious why this guy went half cocked in the first place? What the heck was his motive for going to the school and the Bus driver? Trying to understand this case is a whole another story.

Kills a bus driver

Takes a hostage

Drives to a bunker?

To what end?

What was his gain in the first place to go this crazy?

By MELISSA NELSON-GABRIEL and JAY REEVES | Associated Press – 6 hrs ago

news.yahoo.com...

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities said Saturday that they still have an open line of communication with an Alabama man accused of abducting a 5-year-old boy and holding him hostage in a bunker, and they thanked the suspect for taking care of the child as the standoff marked its fifth day.

"I believe he wants to rant and rave about politics and government," Creel said. "He's very concerned about his property. He doesn't want his stuff messed with."

He said it loud and clear.

I hope this is a case that ends well and not another sad story.

My thoughts to the family..

Geez, must be so heartbreaking. Especially, not knowing.

5 days seems kind of long for a stand off.

Clouse said the mother told him that the boy has Asperger's syndrome as well as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD.

I hope he didn't take this kid out of the hype of Sandy Hook.

Neighbors said Dykes was easily angered and once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a firearm.

If he doesn't want kids there in the first place than why take a kid?
Yeah, now that makes total sense.

He said Dykes usually drove a run-down "creeper" van with some of the windows covered in aluminum foil.

I bet this guy is on ATS.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ive followed this case as it just seem so bizarre, can't even begin to contemplate what the mans motives could be. I only hope the child is not being harmed, besides the already emotional toll it must be taking on him.

Yet another example of how our mental health system has failed us, this man should of been locked up after the dog beating.
edit on 2-2-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This whole thing is so upsetting to me. I keep praying for that little child and I urge others to do the same. Pray for the parents too and the law officials that are trying to help; the main thing is...is to get that child out alive.

I really believe in the power of prayer; and the more people that pray etc. (whatever your spiritual belief's are)..the more spiritual pressure will be put on the kidnapper and his conscience and the more likely he is to release the child.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I bet this guy is on ATS.

I thought the exact same thing.

Another gun-nut-job who thinks that the answer to the US's problems can be solved with violence.

I wonder if any of them actually consider getting a diploma in politics and making an attempt to change legislation without bloodshed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't know, 5 days in a bunker, I think that guy is prepared for the world to end, which says he's got enough supplies to last himself. It would be a miracle if the stand off ends in a week, let alone a month.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think the federal authorities should get involved if not already

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

I think the federal authorities should get involved if not already

Not me! The Feds have a history of not really caring about who is killed trying to get the bad guy.

I think the local police are handling it just fine......

Waco! Need I say more?

edit on 2-2-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ah yep send in the tanks why dont you?
I am almost willing to give odds they find a few body parts stashed around the place.......
This is just too wierd to be a one of....
ya know?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I don't know, 5 days in a bunker, I think that guy is prepared for the world to end, which says he's got enough supplies to last himself. It would be a miracle if the stand off ends in a week, let alone a month.

It doesnt sound like the bunker is all that big, so I cant imagine he has more than a week or two worth of supplies. Although, who really knows...maybe he knew what he was going to do and stocked the place. I too have the same questions as the others have posted in this thread.

What's his endgame?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anytime a child is involved, the Federal Government is always involved.

Are they not?

So suffice to say,

I think they're already there..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You know there allready an ongoing thread on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So why not just post your comments there?

you havnt even posted once in the thread thats been up for 4 days lol

edit on 2-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Sorry, not like I haven't been busy in the last 4 days. Yuh, I don't get the luxuary of some to spend on the computer all day.

new topics

top topics

join