It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we find the truth about Hotel 33??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There was never a police officer named James McCarthy who was employed by the Williamsport Police Department, especially in 1993. Nor was there ever an officer Kaminsky employed by the Williamsport Police Department in 1993. My Source:

Williamsport Historic Police Roster

Interestingly, the Retired officer who compiled the historical roster given in the link actually served with the Williamsport Police Department during 1993.

Likewise, Troy Belger, Rob Laden, and Jacob Carr... no evidence for their existence in or around Williamsport, Pennsylvania, particularly during the year 1993.

I live in Snyder County (about 60 miles from Williamsport) and I have been "ghost-hunting" for the past 15 years. I have been to just about every so-called haunted location within a 100 mile radius. I never (I repeat) never heard of this story and I never ran across it on any of the paranormal or ghost-hunting boards.

The Mysterious Disappearance at Hotel 33 in Williamsport, Pennsylvania is as fake as a $4 bill.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HillbillyHippie1

Hi! Yes, we pretty much immediately discovered the stuff you mentioned. I grew up in Montoursville....literally about 1.5 miles away from the final "supposed" site of this hotel and I can guarantee you that this hotel never existed; at least in the last century or so. This was all a PR gag to collect interest in a movie. The movie is a great idea, and good for the area. My problem was they were going all over the internet accusing locals of various things facilitating the coverup and used at least one real name. The person communicating all of this was also EXTREMELY rude and insulting to locals who were just sincerely curious. I probably jumped the gun even bringing it here but I got all excited and started the thread. At first they claimed a different location (which was a little more possible) so it wasn't immediately evident to me that there may not have been at least a shred of truth to this. I am sure you know of Williamsport's lumber history so it was moderately intriguing to me to think maybe there was some mystique to famous/powerful guests at this supposed hotel.

At any rate it was a great concept of a story ruined by scheming and over the top lies. The last I heard Patrick Stewart agreed to headline the movie (after Nicholas Cage backed out) but the social media accounts have been pretty much silent since last November. Thanks for posting!!

<< 1  2   >>

join