It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we find the truth about Hotel 33??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahn369
I was gonna' say, all of the web sites that refer to it, incl. the one calling it a hoax, sort of look like they were all made by the same person.

Exactly! However, I can't tell if it is just copy and pasted from one to the other or if the same person is behind them all. I was just hoping some people here may take an interest and uncover something. At any rate it is a great story and would make a good movie. On the other hand, if there is anything to it that would be nice to know as well as most of my family still lives there.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Don't worry about hitting the "post" button prematurely. For some reason I (and alot of others) do this
frequently. I think I've done it three times now

Thanks Rival, that makes me feel better. I really had intended to lay out as much as I already knew before I posted.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are a few different interviews on the web site www.hotel33legend.com...

Also i found a couple more stumbling through youtube.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by macabre1471

in the first two on the web link they say the camera cuts out at the time the detective in interviewing the other two lads about their missing friend. but in the last video the chicago police officer says a friend in another department sent him this video of him dying and says nothing about the video cutting out or any type or problem

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There's a piece of writing called 'Hotel 33' by Madison Films (madisonfilms.com...). The piece of writing, Hotel 33, is about a disappearance of just one couple.
I must wonder if:
A. they have any information regarding this 33 people disappearing story (perhaps it inspired them?)
B. they sent out this hoax story in an attempt to gain publicity / search queries for 'hotel 33'
C. someone read Hotel 33 and was inspired to create a hoax

Madison Films did not answer when I called.
Other links:
www.hotel33hoax.com... (claims it is a hoax))
www.facebook.com... (Joined on September 16, 2012)
www.hauntedsociety.com...
www.youtube.com... (bunch of videos/interviews)
www.hauntedsociety.com... (random info/talk)

I posted some links that will be good to bookmark & check periodically as replies / new information may be submitted on certain sites that won't make it to ATS due to unimportance - However, this information may actually be important if collected together (which is my reasoning for posting the links for you all).

dates in history of May 11th:
www.datesinhistory.com...
(haven't found anything that relates though)

I'll find more

edit on 2-2-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Thank you so much Ghostx! That's why I brought this here....I kept talking myself out of it but was hoping maybe someone would find it interesting enough to do a little leg work.

I have been trying to look up names of "victims" and to find any info on the hotel to no avail. The supposed hotel was actually called the Grand Hotel. No one I know has ever heard of it. A friend of mine immediately thought the story was referring to another hotel in the area called the Park Hotel. I do believe the pic used on most of the sites is a fake. Someone on the facebook page said they pulled the layers apart. The Park however, does have a landscape similar to the one in the pics and I always found it to be creepy.

In the first video I posted the guy being interviewed (just being careful mentioning names here after all of the sandy hook problems..) mentions he came back to Williamsport with his step-daughter and I think he said her name was K. Madison. He says she is in the film industry and that was in part why the policeman he met showed him the tape - I guess thinking she could use contacts to do some research to see if it was legit or not? Interesting that he would put the name right out there if he was just going to be part of a big hoax. Hiding in plain sight I guess.

Thanks for all the links, I'll check them out. If I ever find anything definitive I'll post.

edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

ETA: The link that "proves" its a hoax (besides making stupid comments about my lovely hometown
) seems to acknowledge the Grand Hotel existed. No one I know ever heard of the Grand Hotel and the location given on some sites for the hotel is in a mostly industrial section of town. I can't imagine someone building a hotel there. I will say that the building that now sits on the point indicated on google maps is now a school for the mentally challenged....cue "creepy music"
edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I do hope you don't think that I am the one TRYING to further the marketing ploy, if that is what it is and I do believe that is probably the case or something like that. This is personal to me, as I said this is my hometown. I don't like seeing the good people of that area being used all over the internet. I was hoping that by bringing this here I may be able to actually prove it with the collective help of the people interested and call the guilty parties out. Two people (the cop in my first interview AND a girl who claims to be the grand daughter of two of the missing people) are on the Hotel 33 facebook page and it infuriates me that they have the nerve to do this and the ability to continue apparently unchecked. Like you said, pathetic.

It is significant to me that the Williamsport police officer named in the video IS a current detective on the police force (refer to your own link). He is either complicit or being used without his knowledge, which is also a big deal.
It seems odd to me that all of the people who are actually named are basically untraceable except that officer.

At any rate I have been relegated to the basement so I doubt anyone will see this anyway at this point to help prove the people are a big scam.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Call the Williamsport PD ask for the Det. voice mail and leave a msg explaining what you've found and ask straight out if this is real or a hoax. If you have an address look up the county public property records and see if a hotel ever existed at that address. There are numerous ways to find out if you actually wanted to.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Actually there is an email address to the department I just felt uneasy bothering them with this. This is either a rather elaborate (and not so well executed) hoax or a deep cover up. On the .000001 chance it is the latter I prefer to not out my name with the police department.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
reply to post by Carreau

Actually there is an email address to the department I just felt uneasy bothering them with this. This is either a rather elaborate (and not so well executed) hoax or a deep cover up. On the .000001 chance it is the latter I prefer to not out my name with the police department.

hotel33disappearance.com...
Contact the newspaper. See if they ever really carried these stories.
The headlines look faked to me.
www.sungazette.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hi Pauligirl......I believe the articles shown are fake. There are two seperate pics used as well over the various sites. I can find no archives in the paper referring to anything like this and I subscribe to the online version. At first, because of the outright reference to a man still on the force, I thought perhaps there was something to this and the reason it was so difficult to find anything was because it was, in fact, covered up. That's why I brought it here thinking maybe someone with other resources would find something.....like maybe someone who does the people search thing. I am not paying the $29 bucks to chase ghosts but someone else may already have.

The retired policeman who befriended the local cop is on the Hotel 33 facebook page and he communicates with a young girl who shares the last name as one of the couples who "disappeared." She says they were her grandparents. Whitepages does not show the family name in the area or anywhere else in the state (which actually is kinda strange since it isn't that odd of a name). Again, I am being careful mentioning names here outright because of privacy. If these people are already being used in a hoax without their knowledge I don't want to add to it, its easy enough to find if you are interested.

Almost all of the information that I can find has surfaced over the last few months.....with the exception of one memory page which is dated 1998. I thought it was strange that someone posted a site way back then, left it go for 15 years and suddenly resurrected the story so, I thought maybe there was something to it.

I never thought "omigosh 32 people vanished into thin air!" But I did wonder if there was some mystery involved such as several rather unconnected wealthy people perhaps wanting to disappear for one reason or another and so coordinated the event. Maybe running from a spouse, debt, whatever. The town at one time had the highest concentration of millionaires of anywhere in the world so it wasn't too much of a stretch to think that perhaps, the intrigue that sometimes follows the wealthy, may have led to this event somehow.

I'd like to just forget I even posted this here as I am more than a little embarassed that I got sent to the skunkworks dungeon in less than 24 hours lol. Actually, I am not really even sure what that means but it sure sounds bad. I keep checking back out of courtesy to those like yourself that took the time to comment. If I ever find anything important I would post it otherwise, if you ever come across this story please get the word out that it is unsubstantiated.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His

I'd like to just forget I even posted this here as I am more than a little embarassed that I got sent to the skunkworks dungeon in less than 24 hours lol. Actually, I am not really even sure what that means but it sure sounds bad. I keep checking back out of courtesy to those like yourself that took the time to comment. If I ever find anything important I would post it otherwise, if you ever come across this story please get the word out that it is unsubstantiated.

Skunk works isn't a bad place--it's for stories that may not be substantiated by facts--which is what you have here. Just for my own curiosity, I've emailed the newspaper with a link to the headlines. If I hear back, I'll post it. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the first to ask them.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

It will be interesting to see if they answer you. I wondered about this and checked....the paper wasn't called the Williamsport Sun-Gazette until 1955. Proves the older ones are fake.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Williamsport is my home town. I've never heard anything about this before. I wasn't old enough in 1993 to be aware of any hotels burning down, but I've never heard anybody talk about it. About the hotel, about the disappearances. I just did a search for a Grand Hotel in Williamsport. It lead me to the History of Williamsport's wikipedia page, which mentions the Grand Hotel. Guess where the citation leads? To the Hotel 33 website.

I've looked at the wikipedia page a couple times before to learn more about my town. I can't claim to have a photographic memory, but I don't remember any mention of The Grand Hotel.

Add to that the fact that those newspapers look extremely fake. All of them. I think this is pretty cut and dry.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi SaulGoodman and thanks for your response. I think there is little doubt this story is a hoax. I was old enough in 1993 to remember big news and I never heard anything of it and neither has any of my family or friends that are in the area.

The newspapers are definitely fake, at least the old ones. The name of the paper didn't change to the Williamsport Sun-Gazette until 1955, the early pics claim to be from 1953.

Whoever is perpetuating this on facebook is determined to keep this up regardless of what facts are presented. It appears there are several profiles all by the same person on that page. It is a little disturbing that at least a few people are working together here and are in combination of kids and at least one adult. I just hope this is an innocent prank. The keeper of the webpage accused the Williamsport Police Department of a cover up yesterday. That in my opinion is the move of a naiive kid or a rather unstable adult.

One of the links mentioned already on this thread is dated back to 1998. Maybe whoever is doing this ran across that story and decided to have some fun? The memory page shares the same last name as the girl claiming to be the grand-daughter (she has video with her "brother" talking about the incident). Kids having fun is one thing, however mischeivous, but there is at least one adult going along with this and that disturbs me. That adult ties in with the Madisonfilms link - It's creepy.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey All,

I'm a paranormal investigator here in Williamsport PA and ran across these websites claiming that this Grand Hotel existed and 33 people disappeared blah, blah, blah

COMPLETELY FAKE

there never was a Grand Hotel in Williamsport PA

the domain names:
hotel33disappearance.com was registered Sept 25, 2012 by an anonymous proxy service
WilliamsportLegend.com was registered the same way by the same anonymous proxy service
hotel33legend.com yep you guessed it the same ...

and the kicker :
hotel33hoax.com was registered the same way BUT on Sept 20, 2012 !!! 5 days before the other websites were registered and yep by the same anonymous proxy service
** you can view this info with the network solutions (www.netsol.com) whois tool

All these websites are also hosted at the same ip address 174.122.45.90
** you can view this info by going to a windows command prompt and pinging the domain names
they all resolve to this ip address

I am betting a local college student "genius" did this for a class project in internet marketing, social media or something of the sort ...
VERY AMATEURISH - hope they got a D- at best LOL

take care

Kevin
www.SoulSearchersPA.com

edit on 21-2-2013 by vpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vpone

Great info....thank you!

...and welcome to ATS, glad you found the forum.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Finally some real disclosure. Just remember folks, when/if you go to see the movie, this is NOT a true story.

Questions Over Police Involvement in Film

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

I grew up in Wmspt., PA (1946-) and lived there most of my life including 1953 (although I was only 6 or 7) and 1993 when this GRAND HOTEL was supposedly re-opened and subsequently burned. People in these other sites refer to "going up to the hotel" but I notice NO WHERE does any of them give the actual address where this place is supposed to have been located. Some Farm (?Cunningham or something) was listed as the site in one news article but again, who knows where that was ? I've wracked my brain and can think of no place that remotely resembled the photo of the Grand Hotel or anywhere around Wmspt. where such a bldg could have been.
Nicholas Cage is supposedly doing a movie about this 'phenomenon'....maybe it's all in HIS imagination !
MMHorseperson

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MMHorseperson

I grew up there as well.....and for about 12 hours I wasn't entirely sure about the story (so I brought it here)...if you look into it at all it is clear it is all a lie. I cannot believe how much traction this hoax has gained and it just makes me SO mad that this production company is using this area. I grew up about 1-2 miles from the (new) supposed site....and I (and pretty much every other teen) ran all around this area. There was never a hotel. Thanks for posting. Hopefully at least some people will read it and know that it is all a lie when/if the movie comes out. From the most recent news I have been able to find, Cage passed on the movie. Glad to "meet" another local

edit on 5/28/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: ETA:

...the newest location is on Greevey Road.....right by the old White Horse if that rings a bell. Never a hotel there.
edit on 5/28/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join