It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Bank of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
well, heres my story of the day, i left work on my 20 min break to cash my check which is never a problem, the bank was packed yesterday so i left.They only had one teller on and about 60 people no lie, in line. i had little gas, and no money in my pocket for gas i depended upon this check being cashed to get home today, and they close before im out so i am SOL

so today i go in and it is a worse line than before. rather than deal with waitin almost an hour and a half, as ive done before with this situation, i left again. they only had one teller on again. which is BS for being one of the biggest banks. needless to say i was furious and enraged, because they will be closed when i get out and i will probably run out of gas on my way home. their tellers are slower than special ed kids, and they have the nerve to ask me if i want an account everytime i cash my check, which i decline because the govt is in so much debt that i dont trust the banks. which they find proposterous. either way i am so pissed off right now, because 1. i wont be eating dinner tonight, thanks to their Shi232y staffing and i may not make it home in 24 degree weather, because theyre so damn cheap they can only pay one teller? thats BS i will be calling to file a complaint like i shouldve the first time this crap happend. i cannot belive their horrible customer service, and crapp attitudes. not to mention they have one telle ron and two morons standing around doing nothing. and not helping, if i had a dog, i would feed it so much taco bell, and then bring it in to the bank to crap on their floor. Eff bank of america. they suck. and they have the crappiest service ever, they treat non account holders like crap, and wont let me cash my checks in the drive thru either, which is crap. ARGHHH i am so pissed at these idiots it is unbelieveable WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. THEY ARE OVERPAID AND UNDERSTAFFED AND THE PUBLIC HAS TO SUFFER. BIG CORPORATIONS ARE HORRIBLE.. I WISH MY CREDIT UNION WAAS OPEN BECASUE THIS STUFF NEVER HAPPENS THERE!
edit on 2/2/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod Edit: Fixed all caps title.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I HATE BANKS IN AMERICA

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Have you tried to get direct deposit through the place you work for? Then on pay day your check goes directly into your account and you can use your debit card at an ATM; have you tried this? It makes life so much easier.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You used to be able to cash a check at the grocery store too...at the information stand. but I haven't done it in years. I'd call your local grocery store ( before driving over there and wasting gas) and see if they still do that and what you need for proof/Identification etc... That could be an option other than long lines at BAnk of America. I am NOT a fan of Bank Of America and feel your pain.....I do agree with the post above about checking into direct deposit as an option too.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
I HATE BANKS IN AMERICA

Ye, AND I DISLIKE PEOPLE WHO USE BANKS, GET TAKEN THE PISS OUT OF, BUT YET STILL USE THEIR SERVICES.

OP Taco your Dog up and get outside the bank for a few hours, I like that idea

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Bank of America is one of the worst banks! Agreed!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You should do what I do…I keep all of my money under my mattress.

There’s never a line in my bedroom!

I gave up on BOA a while back when they took a stand in favor of illegal immigrants having accounts. I closed all of my accounts and brought my money home. I have since found a credit union. I can relate to your rant. I’ve had the same experiences there!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Hey, screw them.. First off, get an account with a credit union, much better service.
Second, take your check to walmart, they only charge 3 bucks to cash checks of any kind.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I didn't even bother to completely read the OPs post nor any other. I just chimed in to say I F'N HATE BANK OF AMERICA!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
^^^ EXCELLENT!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I feel your pain. I am no fan of this bank or any bank really.

Our Wells Fargo is open on Saturday's inside til mid afternoon. I got there at 9am when they opened like I always do esp when I have to go inside for cashier's checks for rent. You can't get one via the drive thru. I prefer this type of payment for rent which requires me to go inside and every time it's a ridiculous wait!

I get there and it's 9:00 am on the dot and they aren't open. Myself and a few others start to gather out front. I knew the drive thru was open because I can see the bank from the parking lot of our condo. It's literally across the walk way from us. There was no reason why the inside wasn't open other than lazy tellers! They didn't let us in til 10 after 9! At this point there are about 8 people in line and they have ONE teller behind the counter and about 4 other people just walking around. Another lady comes out and is counting her bank! The one teller tells everyone she will will be with them shortly the other lady is counting her bank. Now I worked in a bank as a teller you are suppose to be there 30 mins prior to your shift so you could do just that COUNT YOUR BANK! This lady is doing it when she isn't suppose to and the line just gets longer. The first guy takes forever after each card he gives the teller is declined, so that was not fun. I had to wait in line because I needed a check to pay my rent so I waited. It was after 9:30am by the time I got out of there! I was so annoyed because there was no excuse for it! They had plenty of employees walking around in the lobby doing nothing but staring! They had two others bringing up the change order, things that are suppose to be done BEFORE you open! This happens practically every time I go inside. This bank is huge too which is deceiving because they never have anyone actually working!

I can look outside and see tellers out back smoking a cigarette or just fooling around chatting and NOT inside, meanwhile there are lines in the drive thru and more than likely inside as well! I have thought about documenting it and sending it to head quarters but I doubt they'd do anything anyways. They should be inside working not outside screwing around.

Another thing that drives me nuts when i go inside is how they are always trying to shove credit cards in my face!
edit on 3/5/2013 by mblahnikluver because: grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I had a Bank of America account, for one month...horrible bank. I've switched to PNC, and never been happier.

As for check cashing, go to an Amscot. Sure, it will cost you something, but they are usually 24/7 too, so there is that. Especially since you often have to wait at the bank for a check to clear, etc. before having access to the money.

I had to wait in line because I needed a check to pay my rent so I waited

Could have gone to Amscot at any time of day, gotten a money order (for free), to pay the rent.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join