It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran set to show off new jet, home made !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
before you get the idea this is a back yard home built , it is not it is the way it is head lined english.farsnews.com...
from the link

Iran to Unveil New Home-Made Fighter Jet Tomorrow

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran plans to unveil its new home-made fighter jet in an official ceremony due to be held tomorrow.
that being Saturday the 2nd of Feb 2013
edit on 1-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I did not know plywood planes could fly.

I read something about this a couple weeks ago. Apparently they just retrofit older-generation back-engineered designs with upgraded avionics and weapon systems. Still no match for current western tech but handy enough for strafing up your equally backward neighbors. Looks like the ones in the picture are based on the F5.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Last time they showed a plane it was this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the Iranian aeronautical industry. They've done a lot over the years with almost nothing to start with. They still have F-14s flying with no access to spare parts, and the redesign they did on the F-5 actually keeps it a relevant design. I'll be interested to see what this one looks like.

According to Press Tv it's going to be an F/A-18 and F-5 hybrid. It's going to look like the F-5 but perform the mission that the Hornet performs with the US (tactical bomber, air interdiction).
edit on 2/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks pretty smart, don't ya think...

Only joking

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Hope they have good ejection seats.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You underestimate Irans overall military capability it seems.

They have based their whole defense around having to fight countries with firepower the likes of which they've never seen. Going to war with Iran will teach the United States we've had it easy toppling countries and spreading "freedom"

Those flying boats are a joke yes but they dont come up with the missle capabilities by being stupid. Not to mention having a fully functioning domestic military industry. They are like the United states of the arab world when it comes to building their own weapons

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Don't underestimate the Iranian aeronautical industry. They've done a lot over the years with almost nothing to start with. They still have F-14s flying with no access to spare parts, and the redesign they did on the F-5 actually keeps it a relevant design. I'll be interested to see what this one looks like.

According to Press Tv it's going to be an F/A-18 and F-5 hybrid. It's going to look like the F-5 but perform the mission that the Hornet performs with the US (tactical bomber, air interdiction).

Yeah, the one I saw looked like a twin-tailed F5. Did not look like a wimpy plane.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

It seems that I was kidding about the plywood, also.

I was referring to an article I read, that's all. The OP provided a link that showed a picture of F5 variants.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Or possibly a manned one of these...

This is the one they captured from the US flying over their territory

edit on 1-2-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To the entire premise:

static.fjcdn.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The jet is probably going to look something like this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So Iran is proud of its brand new home made jet, eh? Guess how many of those America has? Great Britain? Australia? Germany? China? Korea?

That's not an achievement. That's a badge of "Hurry up honey, we were supposed to be there an hour ago!"
edit on 1-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

That's not the one they captured. The wiki thinks it is, but it's not. The Sentinel has a different exhaust, as well as two bulges next to the intake.

This is the Sentinel:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The Iranian aerospace engineers are an ingenious lot.

Recognize the missile?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

I think you are over-estimating their abilities. That they base "their whole defense around having to fight countries with firepower the likes of which they've never seen" means absolutely nothing. I don't know why you would think that would have any impact on their ability to develop weapons. The "United States of the arab world when it comes to building their own weapons"? What a ridiculous statement...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Only place left in the world that uses that thing (although I do have to wonder if they have the cracking issues that we had). They reverse engineer, and then make changes to make it their own system. Considering that they have to buy everything through third parties because of the sanctions, they've done a lot with nothing, and I'm impressed as hell with what they have introduced.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Iran is also dreaming of building the Z-XX Hound. This jet look a lot like the drone that they had on display a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Second picture is not only a Raptor, it is assigned to the 1FW and most likely flying over Langley AFB.

**edit** just saw the other AC in the background of the pic...sorry...
edit on 1-2-2013 by HamsterWarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join