It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Religion: Do the faults of the few outweigh the good will in the many? Pastor refuses to pay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Religions are evil.

If a religious text tells you it's ok to kill someone, it's evil. Not the people that read it.

The text itself is evil.

The Bible is evil.

The Torah is evil.

The Quran is evil.

They are all evil.

It is not evil per say since what is evil and good is only a viewpoint. The bible is very misunderstood and is a collection of stories from people who have experianced things that are beyond the "known by all humans" normal. And a few people who have corrupted the book a bit based on their ego and want of power.

You ate from the tree an apple that contained the knowledge of good and evil according to Genesis. The belief in duality and thinking you know what is good and evil based on the limited information a human have is a poison that clouds the mind and increases the small minded ego.

Souls who are not ready to see beyond duality will find some other excuse if it is small minded (non spiritual) understanding of their religions to be annoying to each other be it: political view, nationality, football team, material wealth.

Until people can look beyond duality and be like or similar to for instance Jesus, Buddha, Einstein and Gandhi then the small mindedness will continue.

I would not mind if humans started over and stop having faith in religion and really sought what was the true nature of reality. Sometimes that faith can be more in the way than do good when seeking understanding. A cup filed with other peoples understanding of what is have no room to be filed by what "the unknown" can tell you about itself. "The unknown" do not need scripture to find and guide any soul. It knows exactly where you are and what you are able to handle at this stage.

edit on 1-2-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by Tardacus
One of the problems with religion is that you don`t have to take a test to get in and no one can kick you out.
anyone can label themselves as being a member of any religion that they choose to.
a pastor or a priest can do the most evil things but as long as they say they are a christian then nobody can prove otherwise or kick them out of the christian club.

If you want to be a member of my religion, you have to successfully complete the Peyote ingestion ceremony. Easier said than done. Plus, you have to study comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism for a decade.

. I think I will pass. I am a bit lazy now days on that front. Seems like a bit of work but probably very informative and enlightening. But if you are happy with your choice then I am happy for you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hell, why is the word 'woman' coming to mind. It's getting frustrating now..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
One of the problems with religion is that you don`t have to take a test to get in and no one can kick you out.
anyone can label themselves as being a member of any religion that they choose to.
a pastor or a priest can do the most evil things but as long as they say they are a christian then nobody can prove otherwise or kick them out of the christian club.

For some; becoming a Pastor or a Priest is a great cover story and very well thought out (no one will suspect I am capable of any unthinkable acts upon the sheeply unsuspecting) because automatically it is assumed I am a person of moral integrity. Who knows, within their own minds, with a little warping of/manipulating of scriptures is perfectly justified. Another version of The Alchemists Cookbook: The King James Bible is all one needs; with its indirectness and riddlefilled pages. A Circus Clown looking for new routines would be able to form a plan from it, childrens parties scoping, hijinks etc. I wonder if John Wayne Gacy read scripture.
edit on 3-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join