It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Religion: Do the faults of the few outweigh the good will in the many? Pastor refuses to pay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey ATS this is my first post, im a bit nervous lol. I've recently seen this video on a site I visit regularly and seen this video. I don't know how to post it so here's the link

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

This 'ordeal' has started an online war on Reddit and a few other sites. People are hitting it from all sorts of angles. Some use this to their defense as to why religions are stupid. But my point is we all have those people who think their opinions are so richeous, but they're just that, opinions. There are those people that think thier view in the government is right, how their views on raising children are right, how the views on what sport is right. I'm trying to say that just because this guy, this Pastor if you will, used religion to his defense as to why he shouldn't pay his whole tip IS a stupid one but shouldn't be used on the war against religion. There will always be people like this with or without religion.

I'm Christian but I believe very different from other Christians, like God creating science. I dont want to hear all that religion starts wars BS because wars can be started over anything as they have before.

There are retarded jerks in every society who think they have rights to do what they want, be it religion as their defense or anything else.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Religions are evil.

If a religious text tells you it's ok to kill someone, it's evil. Not the people that read it.

The text itself is evil.

The Bible is evil.

The Torah is evil.

The Quran is evil.

They are all evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Religions are evil.

If a religious text tells you it's ok to kill someone, it's evil. Not the people that read it.

The text itself is evil.

The Bible is evil.

The Torah is evil.

The Quran is evil.

They are all evil.

If a religious text tells you it's ok to kill someone, it's evil.

I know of one religion which beats all other religion in this department.
Hint:-
Its the 'religion of peace'.
#sarcasm.

Great stuff.snf

edit on 1-2-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

The law says its okay to kill some one in self defense. Ergo, your point is invalid. Do something with your life.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

I agree, the parts of killing in the bible I don't follow. I use the free will I believe God gave to me not to follow certain rules. I have atheist and satanist friends for what its worth lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One of the problems with religion is that you don`t have to take a test to get in and no one can kick you out.
anyone can label themselves as being a member of any religion that they choose to.
a pastor or a priest can do the most evil things but as long as they say they are a christian then nobody can prove otherwise or kick them out of the christian club.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Read about it on yahoo earlier today.
The fact that the pastor wrote that note to the waitress explaining why she didn't want to pay (the tip)...speaks volumes.
Clearly she is using her job in a church to gain status in society. Sad.

Do the faults of the few outweigh the good will in the many?

No.

Also, welcome to ATS. Enjoy your first flag.

edit on 1-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I agree with you 100%

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Thanks a million

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arashikage

The law says its okay to kill some one in self defense. Ergo, your point is invalid. Do something with your life.

USA law is not religion...

Ergo your point is invalid.

Do something with your life.

See what I did there?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I don’t think the lady is really sorry about writing it only that she was caught. She wants to give a sermon on forgiveness but she didn’t say anything about forgiving the waitress so she could get her job back.

Unfortunately I have met many people like her.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I also read that the pastor complained to the waitresses employer.
The waitress has now been fired.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Dude, your not that bright, are you?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh heres the kicker OP, and I completely agree with you.... They are burning this story because it was a Christian who did this... But guess what Liberals, shes a black woman... WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?!?!?!?! Now its racist right?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That's a bit aggravating. Things have blown out of proportion

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately.... yes.

news.yahoo.com...

An Applebee's waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arashikage
reply to post by shivaX

I agree, the parts of killing in the bible I don't follow. I use the free will I believe God gave to me not to follow certain rules. I have atheist and satanist friends for what its worth lol.

It's the inspired word of god right?

You are what I call a buffet Christian. You pick and choose what you want out of it.

If it's the true word of god, you take all of it or nothing. Otherwise you are going against gods word.

People like you always make me shake my head...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
One of the problems with religion is that you don`t have to take a test to get in and no one can kick you out.
anyone can label themselves as being a member of any religion that they choose to.
a pastor or a priest can do the most evil things but as long as they say they are a christian then nobody can prove otherwise or kick them out of the christian club.

If you want to be a member of my religion, you have to successfully complete the Peyote ingestion ceremony. Easier said than done. Plus, you have to study comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism for a decade.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why would she post a bill on the internet? Making fun of a pastor's idiocy on the world wide web is a poor way to prove a moral point.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The same video on YouTube:

An Applebee's waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager. The waitress, wrote in an email to Yahoo News that the pastor told the manager at the St. Louis-area Applebee's that the ensuing firestorm had "ruined" her reputation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join