It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit To H&R Block and what they told me about Obama Care.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

You state they had classroom training. They were obviously trained with presumptions of the regulations. The actual penalties were not finalized until two days ago. The main thing you should realize is that the "Heaalthcare" law will not be fully implemented until 2016! This is partially because it takes time to implement something on this scale, but I believe moreso to suck in as many illinformed people as possible, because once you are in the system you will find it nearly impossible to exit. Some examples given by the IRS show a 10 fold in the actual cost (for enrollees) from what is initially stated and what you will pay when fully implemented in '16. If this ratio is correct, you will be looking at $1,475 per month. That's right $17,700 a year. This correlates with the $20,000 refered to in the other thread for a family of 5, which you have. You, I am guessing don't quite make the $120,000 in the example, therefore it is less. Obviously the Government has never once run a program as efficiently as they first claim they can, therefore I believe even this # will jump even before we arrive to this point. IF YOU RELY ON THE GOVERNMENT FOR ANYTHING BESIDES PHYSICAL SECURITY ON A NATIONAL SCALE YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS COME OUT A LOOSER IN THE END! NATIONAL SECURITY IS THE ONLY THING THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN!!!

In addition, this penalty (TAX) so many believe to be a reasonable price does not cause you to be insured. It taxes you for your inaction (freaking crazy) THEN you pay the Government for your insurance!!!!!

WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION!!!
edit on 1-2-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: Add

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey

You state they had classroom training. They were obviously trained with presumptions of the regulations. The actual penalties were not finalized until two days ago. The main thing you should realize is that the "Heaalthcare" law will not be fully implemented until 2016! This is partially because it takes time to implement something on this scale, but I believe moreso to suck in as many illinformed people as possible, because once you are in the system you will find it nearly impossible to exit. Some examples given by the IRS show a 10 fold in the actual cost (for enrollees) from what is initially stated and what you will pay when fully implemented in '16. If this ratio is correct, you will be looking at $1,475 per month. That's right $17,700 a year. This correlates with the $20,000 refered to in the other thread for a family of 5, which you have. You, I am guessing don't quite make the $120,000 in the example, therefore it is less. Obviously the Government has never once run a program as efficiently as they first claim they can, therefore I believe even this # will jump even before we arrive to this point. IF YOU RELY ON THE GOVERNMENT FOR ANYTHING BESIDES PHYSICAL SECURITY ON A NATIONAL SCALE YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS COME OUT A LOOSER IN THE END! NATIONAL SECURITY IS THE ONLY THING THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN!!!

Very nice input. Thank you, Why all caps though? And "if" you are correct this whole healthcare system will fail. No one can foot such a bill. What a predetermined fiasco. Are they trying to push a collapse!?
edit on 1-2-2013 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes I did taxes for someone making 35K a year and the same thing.... IRS will be fining her.... also her Tax bill will be roughly 5.8K a year for healthcare

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The irs published the penalties, someone went and ran the numbers.
the IRS statement, along with the way penalties will be calculated, can be found here:
www.irs.gov...

Why is it absurd to think that the IRS penalties for not following their rules would be expensive? They are, basically, going to try and force people to have coverage. What better way to get people to part with their money than to make them pay even more for not doing so?

Sure it's heavy handed and ludicrous but it's effective, no?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by jimmyx

The irs published the penalties, someone went and ran the numbers.
the IRS statement, along with the way penalties will be calculated, can be found here:
www.irs.gov...

Why is it absurd to think that the IRS penalties for not following their rules would be expensive? They are, basically, going to try and force people to have coverage. What better way to get people to part with their money than to make them pay even more for not doing so?

Sure it's heavy handed and ludicrous but it's effective, no?

This is why I just cannot see this whole healthcare thing working. Straw that breaks the camels back illustration comes to mind. Will people really put up with this? If it all comes down to it, I wont, my family is far more important than living up to the stipulations of the IRS or Obamacare.

Im gonna be a mountain man.
edit on 1-2-2013 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
well considering 47% of the people are NOT paying taxes... yes this will be the straw that breaks the camels back... we will see HUGE influxes of people leaving the country or using tax loopholes to avoid this.... I can't wait to find one myself

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Lets hope me living in the wilderness and living of the fat of the land is a good loop hole. I feel like the heavy hand of forced control is at work here and my sense of justice is certainly flaring up!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Then they will just try and tax you out of your land... They are currently doing it to farmers as well... But I agree, id rather be where you are than anywhere else...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, I guess I'm fortunate. I'm self employed and my wife works for a nationwide retailer as an assistant manager and our insurance through her employer is about $600.00 a month for 3 of us.

I have tried to wrap my brain around how some people could even think for an instant that this was a good idea...still can't do it.

First off....there is no such thing as a "free lunch"...someone is picking up the tab.

Second...how can anyone that pretends to understand freedom and liberty be ok with being forced to buy a product from a private corporation?

I have said it before and I will say it again. If the POTUS wanted healthcare for everyone, he should have went with a single payer system (socialized medicine) but he DID NOT. Instead, he decided to prop up a private industry (healthcare insurers) and their securities backers. It is a win-win for the insurance companies. They are guaranteed clients and if the costs go up, they will be free to adjust their premiums accordingly to maintain their profit margins.

This is cronyism at it's finest and it makes me sick to my stomach that the Supreme court upheld this unconstitutional piece of legislative trash.

/end rant
edit on 2/1/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Awesome Rant. I agree plentifully. The next few years will be interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ok, I need someone to spell this out for me in plain English.... will our private health insurance premiums be affected? If so, how will it be affected.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just started a new job, which is also a new career path for me (finally out of computers)
Im working for a very large company and they offer very good and very affordable insurance.
Im able to insure me and both of my children for 86.00 a month, which is the cheapest that I have ever had to pay for medical insurance in all of my years at several different companies.
If it wasnt for this job though, I wouldve ended paying the so called "tax" (penalty) for not having insurance because I
would not have been able to afford it otherwise.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My wife retired from the school system the first of the year so our insurance is now $155 a month and will never go up.WOOOHOOO. My company gives a rebate for not using their insurance. About $500 more income a month. Did I say WOOOHOOO!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Yeah, my mom is with a teachers union, taught 25 years then was a councilor for 10. She contributed $50,000 to the pension in '98 in order to recieve her same salary for life. yes, till she physically expires, supposedly. Has already drawn over 10X that and is very healthy. i've read the contract, and so has her $ manager. Your unions are some of the biggest leaches of our country that exist. Just as bad, if not worse than the banks and other huge corporations which run the country. You union bitches that think you stand up for the little guy are a joke. You are nothing more than a hoe for sugar daddy government sucking money off your neighbors. You will be the first to be sacrificed by the Government and your providers. Don't act shocked when we tell you to get #ed!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

I don't think you people are understanding this - this $147.50 a month is to pay for the penalty of not having any insurance - you pay this, and you don't have insurance.

If he was to buy insurance, how much would it cost a month?
edit on 2-2-2013 by Happy1 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You've already lost by asking that question. It doesn't matter! They tell you, you have to buy something,(wtf), then you pay them for not buying it,(wtf), then you still have to buy it from them, (wtf), and you're there asking,,, well, how much is it? You're already a sucker!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

I don't think you people are understanding this - this $147.50 a month is to pay for the penalty of not having any insurance - you pay this, and you don't have insurance.

If he was to buy insurance, how much would it cost a month?
edit on 2-2-2013 by Happy1 because: spelling

Uhhhmmmmmm, are you sure you are 'getting' this? One should not get a penalty for not purchasing something. Oh, the cost of purchasing......anywhere from $100 to 3K per month.....depending on variables.

Like those in the know, Obamacare is not about health care, it's about health insurance coverage.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Your signature says it all!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It`s not a penalty nor is it a fine it`s a TAX they are taxing people for not buying something

It`s basically a poverty tax it taxes poor people who can`t afford to buy health insurance. On the bright side though at least we won`t have to listen to people complaining that 50% of americans don`t pay taxes because even the poorest americans will have to pay this particular tax.

If you want to be specific it really isn't a tax on those that cannot afford it because they will be able to claim it as a "credit" on their returns; effectively shifting the responsibility on those who can afford it. This will further reduce the tax base onto the people who are claimed to "not paying their fair-share" (who carry 80%+ of the tax burden).

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
remember this is the first year of godcare..errr obamacare....as more people get pushed into the sysytem and companies see what ever there will be to see...prices will change... 147 a month for a family of five is beyond awsome..good for you

here is my work plan..voted..'one of the top 100 companies to work for' average 2 year employee...single $20 a month (company pays $196), for spouse and children $198 a month (company pays $354) and if employed under 2 years..the premiums are much much higher..just fyi stuff as a comparison

it will be interesting to see how prices change in the next couple years........

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join