It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at the U.S. embassy in Ankara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Source

Alternative Link

Dozens of ambulances and fire engines rushed to the scene amid reports of a number of casualties.

Initial reports say one person, a suspected suicide bomber, has been killed or seriously injured.

According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself. Police have reportedly sealed off the area.

I hope this won't be blamed on Syria and/or Iran.. or maybe it was indeed them? We shall see what's going to happen in the next few hours.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
Source

Alternative Link

Dozens of ambulances and fire engines rushed to the scene amid reports of a number of casualties.

Initial reports say one person, a suspected suicide bomber, has been killed or seriously injured.

According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself. Police have reportedly sealed off the area.

I hope this won't be blamed on Syria and/or Iran.. or maybe it was indeed them? We shall see what's going to happen in the next few hours.

With the Jewish branch of the US Military launching strikes in Syria, and US made offensive missiles being placed on the Turkish-Syrian Border, this is entirely man made by the US to justify attacking Syria.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Police: Suicide bombing at US Embassy, 2 dead

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — A police official says a suicide bomber has detonated an explosive device at the entrance of the U.S. Embassy in the Turkish capital and at least two people are dead.

An Associated Press journalist on Friday saw a body in the street in front of an embassy side entrance. The bomb appeared to have exploded inside the security checkpoint at the entrance of the embassy.

Private NTV television said two security guards at the entrance were killed.

The police official spoke on condition of anonymity in line with government rules. The phones were not being answered at the embassy.

Time to stay calm and not overreact.

Peace to the families of those lost.

edit on 1-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow another embassy attacked. I do think that this will be blamed on Syria and Iran. But like you said this may in fact be their fault.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's being blamed on Marxists... and other sources say they've already got a DNA positive that this guy was formerly convicted of other terror bombings on government affiliated buildings but they, apparently, let him go on some poorly described "amnesty" program.

I call BS.

You have to realize that Russia is vetoing UN motions and watching the game on Syria closely and this is meant to make everyone afraid of Soviet ideologies. I believe it is likely Britain's MI6 at work yet again... posing as terrorists.,, or perhaps US CIA... or maybe a combo.

Anyway... Another thing you should google is a ten year peace accord that Russia just stated a few days ago was "no longer relevant"

this accord indirectly enables the US to get up in the business of Russia in light of global terrorism. It was supposed to be some kind of counter terrorism cooperation and apparently Russia... in words... basically just ripped it up in front of the international community by making that statement.

Now, this has forced a lot non government organizations that the US kind of planted within Russia based around these notions of so called cooperation, to leave... it renders them obsolete and many of them are packing up and heading out.

I feel pretty certain this all traces back to these recent reports and trying to cast a bad light on Russia because Russia is returning the western hardball right back to the one's who are trying to topple Syria.

I could be wrong, but yeah... we should pay attention to this.

And also say that you should watch out for some very opinionated info coming from the BBC.
They love to paint pictures concerning this Syria stuff.... and have not included in this article that the perpetrator according to some reports, is already known. I think they want to build up to the story, but they've already got their target nailed.
edit on 2-2-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I like this Quote....

"Freeman (from the Executive Intelligence Review Magazine) believes the Turkish prime minister is "behaving foolishly to have this close working relationship with the West" as this will actually" undermine his whole country and its whole security."

Yeah, you said it buddy.

Suicide missions are starting to be a lot like a breadcrumb trail... watch them closely.

top topics

join