It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog is put to sleep. Reason? He was gay.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just when you think that you have heard it all, along comes an excuse that completely boggles the mind.

Tomorrow, a dog, name unknown, will be put to death at an overcrowded animal control in Jackson, Tenn., after his owner surrendered him there because he believes that his dog is "gay."

According to the prior owner, the dog was seen "hunched over," another male dog, therefore, in this owner's mind, the dog must be gay.

LINK

I don't care what vile God you believe in or if you think homosexuality is wrong for whatever reason but this is just beyond #ed up. Killing a dog because you think he's gay? Dogs hump each other all the time! It's a dominance related behavior!! And even if the dog was gay does he deserve to die?!

I may be overly sensitive on these issues because I run a no-kill shelter for abused animals, particularly dogs and I have seen and heard many excuses to put the animal down. This, however, takes the cake.

If you can't live in a world where there is diversity, please GTFO!

(Update: It seems someone has rescued him. I will confirm this later tonight.)
edit on 30-1-2013 by lupodigubbio because: update

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I gave you a S&F for running a no kill animal shelter. May you continue to provide good in this world.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
O please dont tell me God has led people to condemn there domestic animals now....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

can't someone go and get him ASAP... can someone tell the press etc etc .. I don't live in America or I would do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't think anybody or any being should be killed because of who they like. How strange. How strange to hate people or animals because they happen to like certain people. How strange, indeed.

In short, if I were an extraterrestrial being and I observed some of the behavior of humans, such as hating people who happen to only like people of the same gender, I'd find it quite puzzling and very strange. I'd also find it very silly.

link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

can't someone go and get him ASAP... can someone tell the press etc etc .. I don't live in America or I would do it.

Sorry Helen, he's gone. Had I known in advance I would have picked him up too but I don't live in America either and by the time I read it it was too late.

link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
I don't think anybody or any being should be killed because of who they like. How strange. How strange to hate people or animals because they happen to like certain people. How strange, indeed.

In short, if I were an extraterrestrial being and I observed some of the behavior of humans, such as hating people who happen to only like people of the same gender, I'd find it quite puzzling and very strange. I'd also find it very silly.

It says he is still alive - he is not dead yet ? He can still be rescued.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

OH NO - that is so sad, evil. ..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hundreds of animals are put to sleep everyday but because this story has the word "gay" in it, its more outrageous than the others?
The owner is still a dumbass though, he should probably be euthanized along side of him.

From the comments section of the article.

From the Facebook thread : it look that he is SAFE : """" Jamie Lynn FUREVER RESCUE IN CHICAGO WILL COMMIT TO TAKE HIM FOR THE LONG TERM- JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THE DIRECTORS. SHE WILL BE WORKING HIS CASE SHORTLY, HER NAME IS SHANNON SMITH. THEY ARE 100% RESCUE COMMITTED. She will need to work out the details, but he has a definite rescue commitment. 55 minutes ago · Like · 17.. Susan Bell Diane with STAT is handling the rescue and I am transporting him on Friday! This is a real rescue group. Saving The Animals Together!

edit on 1/30/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Hundreds of animals are put to sleep everyday but because this story has the word "gay" in it, its more outrageous than the others?
The owner is still a dumbass though, he should probably be euthanized along side of him.

Putting down an animal with a painful terminal disease vs putting it down because you perceive him to be gay.
You really don't see what is wrong with this concept?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

From the comments section of the article.

From the Facebook thread : it look that he is SAFE : """" Jamie Lynn FUREVER RESCUE IN CHICAGO WILL COMMIT TO TAKE HIM FOR THE LONG TERM- JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THE DIRECTORS. SHE WILL BE WORKING HIS CASE SHORTLY, HER NAME IS SHANNON SMITH. THEY ARE 100% RESCUE COMMITTED. She will need to work out the details, but he has a definite rescue commitment. 55 minutes ago · Like · 17.. Susan Bell Diane with STAT is handling the rescue and I am transporting him on Friday! This is a real rescue group. Saving The Animals Together!

Excellent find. I hope this is true!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I called the number and got voicemail. I've got no problem forking over a few bucks to keep this guy alive. Any thoughts on what I should say if I call back and leave a voicemail?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Looks like these guys are gonna get em out..

S.T.A.T FB page

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I called the number and got voicemail. I've got no problem forking over a few bucks to keep this guy alive. Any thoughts on what I should say if I call back and leave a voicemail?

Ill chip in.
Morons who have NO clue concerning canine behavior ( even females "hump".. its a dominance play, etc and perfectly normal) shouldnt get a dog.... at all.. ever.

Put to sleep because its gay.. FFS... now Ive definitely heard it all...
edit on 30-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Um, that's what dogs do when playing, it's a role of dominance.

God, how/why on earth has our society attained such a phobia towards gayness?
ReallY??? These are DOGS playing.......geesh.
Get a life...........

Pathetic loser.....

edit on 30-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

This is so true. How many parents buy their children cute puppies, only to see that cute puppy turn into a less than spectacular adult dog. The parents take the dog for a drive into a different neighbourhood while the kid is at school, and dump them.

Then the poor kid gets the "Dog ran away" story.
The stray dog then ends up in the shelter with a death sentence.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Having read the article that is provided, the following can be stated:

The owner should have all of his animals removed from his care and barred from ever owning another animal for the rest of his natural life. The very nature of dogs is not that hard to understand and the dogs behavior can be explained.

Based off of what the owner was complaining about, it sounds like the animal was not fixed, and if the ownered understood about dogs, then he would understand that what the dog is doing is establishing dominance on the other dog. As dogs will do this and often, it sounds like the animal is probably setting up that he is in charge of that area over the others.

The cure for it is to fix the animal, not to take it down and have it put down all cause the owner thinks the dog is gay.

No, that will not help, but it will help if he is banned from owning animals, maybe going to work at a shelter and learning a few things from people who are trained in animal behavior, also should be the owners punishment as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the article that is provided, the following can be stated:

The owner should have all of his animals removed from his care and barred from ever owning another animal for the rest of his natural life. The very nature of dogs is not that hard to understand and the dogs behavior can be explained.

Based off of what the owner was complaining about, it sounds like the animal was not fixed, and if the ownered understood about dogs, then he would understand that what the dog is doing is establishing dominance on the other dog. As dogs will do this and often, it sounds like the animal is probably setting up that he is in charge of that area over the others.

The cure for it is to fix the animal, not to take it down and have it put down all cause the owner thinks the dog is gay.

No, that will not help, but it will help if he is banned from owning animals, maybe going to work at a shelter and learning a few things from people who are trained in animal behavior, also should be the owners punishment as well.

Maybe he could have a mental evaluation too while you're at it................just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join