It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog is put to sleep. Reason? He was gay.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

What matters is wether or not this guy has the right to do with his property what he wants to. If he doesn't like it simply because it is ugly, smelly, or messy he should have the right to get rid of it because it is humpy. We are talking about a piece of property, no different than a pair of shoes, a tv, or a frozen pizza.

He should be able to dispose of 'it', or treat 'it' any way he pleases because it's his property.

Well fortunately people with a better ethical sense towards animals have in places animal cruelty laws. So no people can't do anything they please with their 'property'.

State Animal Cruelty Laws

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Must be those cwistians and repubwiccans again! How dare they lol

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave
I think that the gay issue, in this case, is irrelevant. What matters is wether or not this guy has the right to do with his property what he wants to. If he doesn't like it simply because it is ugly, smelly, or messy he should have the right to get rid of it because it is humpy. We are talking about a piece of property, no different than a pair of shoes, a tv, or a frozen pizza. He could have just made a nice stew out of it but he decided not to and took it to the shelter. I give him props for that right there!

Lost for words,

Do you believe life to be property?
edit on 1-2-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I believe in Switzerland there is a test one must complete to be licensed to own a dog,

Sorry Guys this is wrong,

Just checked its in Germany, Lower Saxony where law will be in place from 2013 making people pass a few tests which they have to pay for

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I think that the gay issue, in this case, is irrelevant. What matters is wether or not this guy has the right to do with his property what he wants to. If he doesn't like it simply because it is ugly, smelly, or messy he should have the right to get rid of it because it is humpy. We are talking about a piece of property, no different than a pair of shoes, a tv, or a frozen pizza. He could have just made a nice stew out of it but he decided not to and took it to the shelter. I give him props for that right there!

Lost for words,

Do you believe life to be property?
edit on 1-2-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

I'm not at a loss for words but, will refrain from posting them.

I will simply just as you say,

with a few extra,

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
Must be those cwistians and repubwiccans again! How dare they lol

Why go there?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let me clarify, I'm not advocating abuse of any sort. I have owned several animals and have loved them as much as family, but when they got sick I could not justify thousands of dollars in vet bills for a dog. I had him put down. It hurt and maybe that is why I'm a little insensitive at this point in my life. Regardless, it is still a possession.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Let me clarify, I'm not advocating abuse of any sort. I have owned several animals and have loved them as much as family, but when they got sick I could not justify thousands of dollars in vet bills for a dog. I had him put down. It hurt and maybe that is why I'm a little insensitive at this point in my life. Regardless, it is still a possession.

Why did you not get them insured or ask a charity to help with the vets bills. You did come across as very cold and insensitive when you called sentient animals ' possessions'. They are no more your possessions then your children are.

It hurts to read that some people consider dogs as no more then a 'pair of slippers' what sort of world do we live in, what hope is there when people have such closed hearts ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm currious about what stance those of you who got sooooo pissed about my previous comments take on abortion. Is human life as precious to you?

I'm also assuming that since animal life is so important to you that you don't eat meat of any kind. Not that it matters, I'm just currious.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm currious about what stance those of you who got sooooo pissed about my previous comments take on abortion. Is human life as precious to you?

I'm also assuming that since animal life is so important to you that you don't eat meat of any kind. Not that it matters, I'm just currious.

I'm curious as to why you would think this thread has anything to do with abortion or if people who love dogs & cats eat meat?

Shall we also assume you would eat your dog?
edit on 1-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well then, maybe you shouldnt have gotten them in the first place if you couldnt justify paying for their health care when they needed it.

As for your worldly possessions, consider getting a truck or boat next time, dont bother adding any oil or mantaining it & see what happens.

Not that it would matter since unlike a dog, neither have any feelings.
edit on 1-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

It actually does relate. So many people fight for the lives of animals, but are ok with the destruction of a human fetus.

The meat thing really doesn't matter, but I would eat my dog if I had to.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The meat thing really doesn't matter, but I would eat my dog if I had to.

But, I thought you loved them like a family member?

Guess we can also assume who else you would eat.

Really not surprised.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You made me laugh on that one, thanks. I have taken us way off topic and for that I am sorry.

If it came down to a situation where my children would starve unless we ate a domesticated animal, we would eat the dang animal. I'm sure that alot of people would make the same choice. When it comes down to it, animals are a meat source. I do hope however, that it never comes to that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I would not say a mental evaluation, but maybe a few biology courses, in particularly with emphises on zoology and animal behavior.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
They are no more your possessions then your children are.

Wow.......really? Animals are and have always been possessed. They are owned! That is why we call the human holding the lease the "owner".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You know there is a word for what you are doing here - it is called conflating two separate issues.

We are talking about non human mammals and your assertion that they are as an object to you, no more important then say your slippers. You own them , you control them, they are yours to dispose of as you will.

To you you state they are just a meat source - i find this attitude repugnant, it makes me feel ill.

If you do not see a problem with this hard arsed attitude then i am not going to explain it to you.

If you have any pets, please please place them with a no kill shelter for rehoming, seriously.
edit on 1-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The title is a bit misleading. The dog was put in the shelter because he was gay and the shelter was putting him down because nobody wanted that gay dog either.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
The title is a bit misleading. The dog was put in the shelter because he was gay and the shelter was putting him down because nobody wanted that gay dog either.

he found a great home and he is alive.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

Not that it is relevant.

But my stance is that I am against abortion after a certain point, and support it prior a certain point. The critical point being when neural anatomy is developed.

But again that's just not pertinent.

People shouldn't view animals as mere objects as it fosters unethical treatment.

I'm also assuming that since animal life is so important to you that you don't eat meat of any kind.

I happen to be a vegetarian.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join