It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you choose to stop aging?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
An opportunity presents itself, you are offered the choice to stop yourself from aging, and if your old you will revert back to a youthful adult. It doesn't include immortality, simply a chance to potentially live perpetually, lets say it also includes the inability to get sick in anyway. You would only have to worry about death by unnatural causes. Also say that it is offered to everyone everywhere.

What would you choose to do, and why?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

I would take a pass and would hope that others would as well. Imagine how overpopulated the world would be if people did not die of natural causes. Talk about lack of resources! To control population people would either have to be sterilized (possibly forcefully) or would have to be euthenized at a certain age in order to sustain civilization. The phrase "Soylent Green is people" comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Considering the effects of entropy, if I could return to my former self at 17 years old physically I would do it in a minute even if it meant "selling my soul to the devil" - of course, I'd like to keep the knowledge I've retained over the last forty years or so but still - to be 17 again - you betcha!!!

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No. It was bad enough once, I'd rather age gracefully and rest in peace.

Another 50-60 years ahead of me before retirement... dear god I'd kill myself lol

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

I would love to be 30 again and know then what I know now.
I am quite happy being a 58 year old grandma with slightly,
graying hair.

new topics

top topics

join