It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing up to the people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
After seeing part of the hearing today about guncontrol in Congress I instantly noticed something very very off. Lets see if you can pick it out:

And from a year ago:
Giffords steps down from Congress (sorry but CBS blocked the video, normal thing, so here's the link to the video)

Did you catch it?

Ok I'll tell you what I'm hearing. Giffords spoke better last year then she did this year, but wait there's more. At the very beginning of her speach to Congress today she started to speak normally untill her husband said something to her.

Why couldn't she just speak like she does during her interveiws? This is clearly a case of "Playing to the Crowd".
edit on 30-1-2013 by Guyfriday because: trying to get that video to show.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I didn't see much difference at all. In the first one, she's READING, which could be much more difficult than just speaking, which she was doing last year. I think you're seeing things.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didn't see much difference at all. In the first one, she's READING, which could be much more difficult than just speaking, which she was doing last year. I think you're seeing things.

Benevolent,,,,,,hold onto your chair! I actually agree with you. As much as I was hoping to hear a difference, I did not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is part of my point. Why couldn't she just say what she felt. Instead she read a prepared statement on the issue. It may very well be harder to read for her then to speak, but if she felt strongly about this issue then she should have just said so.

Her speach therapeist had prepared notes for her to use during her speach, but again she sounds so much better when she just talks. During the hearing she sounded very choppy as if she can barely talk at all. It is this issue that makes me feel like somethings up with this hearing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

WHAT??? Let's mark this day on our calendars!

reply to post by Guyfriday

Originally posted by Guyfriday
This is part of my point. Why couldn't she just say what she felt. Instead she read a prepared statement on the issue. It may very well be harder to read for her then to speak, but if she felt strongly about this issue then she should have just said so.

She could have done a lot of things differently. She could have worn a different dress... But she didn't. And I think to suspect her of faking or playing up her illness is akin to Limbaugh accusing Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's tremors for sympathy... Not a fan.

I can't imagine not having prepared remarks for speaking in this formal setting...
edit on 1/30/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She could have done a lot of things differently. She could have worn a different dress... But she didn't. And I think to suspect her of faking or playing up her illness is akin to Limbaugh accusing Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's tremors for sympathy... Not a fan.

When I heard her speach I really thought that this isn't right. I didn't even think that I was hearing it right, but after listening to it a few more times it really does sound like somethings amist. I really hope that a former Congresswoman and a former Naval Officer wouldn't do this kind of thing. It just seems odd that she spoke better last year then she did during this hearing.

I can't imagine not having prepared remarks for speaking in this formal setting..
I feel the same, but if she knows that she has a hard time reading, then why have a prepared speach? Why not talking points to keep herself on topic?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All things being said concerning firearms must be looked at critically and under a microscope these days. It would be one thing if we had a sincere government trying to implement changes in law to reflect a better society - but the reality we face is a corrupt government, bombing places overseas while preaching peace, segregating demographs while preaching unity... etc etc.. What we have is a controlling government that is openly putting foward an agenda against the right to own firearms. 'They' will be effective in their agenda through many many 'plays to the people' ( as you put it OP )..

Because we must be extremely critical in these current times, concerning firearms, I would definitely congratulate you OP for taking the time to consider the thoughts you present here.

One of the things worth mentioning is that Giffords was shot in the head so any claims that her speech impediments were purposefully exacerbated in conspiracy to gain more sympathy for her cause will be judged as entirely unprovable. What CAN be proven however is that her speech impediment due to a gun crime in fact gains sympathy, so having her speak in general - even if she didn't have a speech impediment - only helps the agenda against guns as her circumstance begs for sympathy. For that reason it should be known for fact is why she was allowed to speak.
edit on 1/30/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join