It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory- Why Bush isn't worried about Osama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
dgtempe, as hard as it is to admit this: I think I agree.

Look at the script used. Osama has never used a backdrop to hide his location, the tape is fairly blurred (disguising false features on face?) the nose looks wrong, and the way in which he speaks and the language used is so atypical of UBL that I seriously question the authenticity.

I am not advocating a plot by administration kronies. I am not advocating that the administration is behind the release of the tape.

I am saying that something stinks about it. That's all.

Maybe a foreign government, or Al-Zarqawi, or any number of people wishing to influence the election, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry about being so slow in getting back, had a busy weekend.

Just to echo earlier statements, again, this just doesn't seem like OBL's style. But since I'm not an expert on Middle Eastern Terrorism (as so many members here would have you believe about them
), I can't make an educated statement either way.

As for the tape's 'timing', Al-Qaeda has a vested interest in the US elections. It's just as likely that this is an A-Q ploy to disrupt the elections to whatever means they wish as it is a government conspiracy. I mean, seriously, anything can be a conmspiracy if you try ahrd enoguh. And people here are hardly an unbiased and educated source in the topics they discuss, so forgive me if I don't exactly agree with you.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think no matter how or when he is found dead its going to be a damned if you do damned if you dont scenario just they just need to get it over with ...Bush cant look any worse than he does to me right now. Even if OBL was killed in our first strike and it was all over and yet he has kept sending people and money after the ghost of OBL then he is still a screwup to me, nothing not even a live captured OBL will. Because Iraq is still a lie he told and men are still dying over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think you're over-reaching for explanations here. The reason Bush isn't as concerned about Bin Laden anymore is simply that he has been effectively sidelined. He's in hiding and can do very little, except mutter threats by furtively produced video cam tapes, without risking exposure. And much of his network has been suppressed or captured. Bush has had more pressing things to think about, like Iraq, and getting re-elected.

By the way, by no means am I suggesting that Bin Laden is no longer an important target. He is. But the threat has been reduced and more important issues are in play.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
I think you're over-reaching for explanations here. The reason Bush isn't as concerned about Bin Laden anymore is simply that he has been effectively sidelined. He's in hiding and can do very little, except mutter threats by furtively produced video cam tapes, without risking exposure. And much of his network has been suppressed or captured. Bush has had more pressing things to think about, like Iraq, and getting re-elected.

By the way, by no means am I suggesting that Bin Laden is no longer an important target. He is. But the threat has been reduced and more important issues are in play.

Well, I didn't say I believe any of what I was saying, just trying to get a discussion going. I've always said that the I think the real reason we aren't worried about OBL is that he isn't as big a threat as he first was. No matter what your thought in Iraq were, the facts right now are that we can't afford to pump that many resources in to finding one man. We're focusing of AQ, and if we happen across OBL, well, good stuff.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join