It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory- Why Bush isn't worried about Osama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OK, we've all heard (and been annoyeD) at Bush's statement that he isn't really concerned about OBL anymore. Well, let's think about this for a minute-

Bin Laden was the Mr. Television of terrorism. He sent out tapes on a regular basis prasinng terror attacks and demeaning the infideal satan pigs. However, not too long a time after our major operations in Afghanistan, he shut up. We get a few audio tapes here and there, which could just be cut-and-pasted clips of his greatest hits. Even now, A-Q members are referring to themselves as followers of AL-Zawahiri, not Bin Laden. Add in that OBL needed kidney dialysis, and the evidence mounts that he may not be among the living any more.

So let's just assume he's dead. Why would the government want to cover this up? I can think of a few possibilities.

1) They don't know he's dead, they just think he's dead. Sure, it would be great to come on TV and says he's kaput, but how bad would it be if he does end up turning up somewhere?
2) Some less-than-honorable methods were used in dispatching him, and the current administration was worried at the time of catching flak (should be obviosu noe that it doesn't bother them). If they did come out and say they had his corpse, then the idnependent autopsies would discern easily he's been dead for quite some time.
3) If he did die in 'combat', then they don't want him to be a martyr. As far as the vast majority of A-Q is concerned, they think he's alive, even if not in control of A-Q al Al Zawahiri is. Last thing we need is the Glroious Leader giving his life for the cause.

Now, I am quite aware that many people think we've got'im already, or that 9/11 was a CIA plot, or any number of conspiracies. There are many, many threads on that idea, and I would appreciate if this one could be kept clear of them. We need to give this palce a semblence of order

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very well put m8.

I tend to think that he is dead also and I think that #3 is the reason that makes most sense....

No tapes in a good while...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The main reason why Bush doesn't care about OBL may be the fact that it is irrevelant if he is either dead or alive. OBL was only the match to ignite the fire. Terrorist do have their leaders, but just remember they tend to act as independent cells. They are not an army and they may or may not follow a chain of command. If a leader is killed he is quickly replaced with another. That's the essential structure of terrorist groups.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes
The main reason why Bush doesn't care about OBL may be the fact that it is irrevelant if he is dead or alive. OBL was only the match to ignite the fire. Terrorist do have spiritual leaders, but just remember they act as independent cells. They are not an army and they may or may not follow a chain of command. If a leader is killed he is quickly replaced with another. That's the essential structure of terrorist groups.

This is very true. I maybe should have worded the title differently. Maybe something along the lines of "Why we won't know if he's dead".

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Good post Esoterica, but doesn't it stand to reason IF OBL died that those close to him would scream it from the mountaintop for all Arabs to hear that he died in Jihad against the US forces? True or not, I would think the higher-ups in his organization would seize the PR opportunity to make the man a martyr.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thats a very good point, and would be very likely. But what if they dont know if he is alive or not? He has to be near medical care so Pakistan seems likely....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMinded
Good post Esoterica, but doesn't it stand to reason IF OBL died that those close to him would scream it from the mountaintop for all Arabs to hear that he died in Jihad against the US forces? True or not, I would think the higher-ups in his organization would seize the PR opportunity to make the man a martyr.

See, his death opens up a range of possibilities. What if he simply died of kidney failure, or having a bomb dropped on his head while hiding in a cave? Hardly the way for a martyr to check out.

While I won't say for certain if I think he's gone or not, I will say that he's given me no reason to think he's still ticking. As I said above, a few grainy audio tapes of generalized Jihad mantra are not convincing. Show me a video of him holding the daily newpaper and condemning recent events, and you'll pique my interest. Right now, he really has become a non-factor. Catching or killing him would be good news on the home front, but would do little to help our efforts abroad, and would possibley even hurt us.

Of course, it's also entirely possible he's hiding out in Pakistan or what-not, he's shown himself to be very patient. But the clock is ticking on him, he knows we've got a foothold in the middle east, namely Iraq. And Americans soon forget, so another major terror attack 3,4,5 years down the road will not have the same effect as if he had two back-to-back 9/11's.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That we get the 'news' from the Islamic world 'unfiltered'.
There was a post that he's been in the Mulsim seperatist region of China.
I think the set up with Osama was the set up we've installed with He-who-is-a-dead-one-legged-terrorist-that-personally-chops-off-heads-in-Irag.
Osama was a creation, a visual, that served a purpose.
He either went missing because of the take out attempt souring their bargain, OR he's actually dead.
I think the latter & all subsequent comuniques have been sound tape splice jobs.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What if by pretending they don't care, pretending to ignore him, they are really just waiting for him to try to call attention to him self? I know people on the run don't 'want' to get caught, but they might play a cat and mouse game to test the waters..

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OBL is probably living in the Bush Residence in Maine. Hanging out until after the election.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMinded

true - but then it had me thinking - if all of his followers knew he was dead/killed, etc...would they continue to fight for his cause...or would the network fall quickly into disarray...without a new leader (Al Zarqawi) to emerge and take the reigns?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
he was at point of impact for a FAM or 1000lbs + bomb and he is simlpy ash and vapour and literaly nobody (on their side or ours )can confirm or deny his life or death.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've seen it mentioned all over the place the Bin Laden is in bad health and need dialysis on a regular basis. What is the origin of that angle? Does anyone have proof that he actually is suffering from some sort of kidney problem or other ailment?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No way!!!!!!!

Osama is just a diversion...he don't even care about him!!! Dead or alive, he dosen't give a crap!!!! All is important for Bush is Irak, Osama is like totally old news....remember Osama's family is Bush's family's friends so he won't kill him right?????

Osama is just a big joke!!!!!!!! All the videotapes are hoax, you all beleive that he was the bad guy

That is my opinion

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
don't worry, be happy

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anyone know what was wrong with his kidneys? Maybe he's been out of the limelight getting them fixed and recuperating.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Why Bush isn't worried about Osama

- .....er, because he know's Osama isn't that stupid and he will be turning up right on cue.....?

.....in fact....oh look.....here he comes now....2 or 3 days before the election, that's handy, what are the chances of that happening, huh?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What's the word on the video. Does this prove he IS still alive?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
PLEASE PLEASE

Is it a coincidence that this tape come to national news (CNN and FOX) like a week before election???????????????

Total and complete TRASH!
They want YOU american people to be scared to death so they can control even more

Sure Bush is having a big laugh at you all....why are you all soooo naive? We have intelligent news in other countries

Wake-up

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bush seemed as genuinely suprised and annoyed as anyone with that new tape. Okay, FoxNews wasn't annoyed, they were kind of overjoyed which was disturbing on many levels.

But Bush (as President) knew before anyone here from intel. They said he had 8 and half hours on the news, went about his day campaining with no mention, then took 2 hours after broadcast to make a terse statement (like Kerry did).

I have a general sense everyone was pissed this came up to try and hijack election coverage. It threw off game plans, and now (as far as I can tell) is fairly dropped across the board from MSM coverage except as background noise.

We're all lauging in OBL's face hopefully. His advice is not welcome, but he shouldn't hold strings on our emotions IMO. All he did was prove he's still out there, and we need to get serious about taking him out.

But I don't think Bush expected this one. Like he'd script the thing about reading My Pet Goat? It was pretty humiliating for Bush. Not that it helped Kerry at all. It's just kind of an annoying distraction and a relative wash IMO.

Whoever wins better get that guy off TV. I want his head.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The tape is a distorted piece of work from the powers that be

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join