It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish caught near Fukushima shows more than 2,500 times legal radiation limit for human consumption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Fragile Earth or Japan? Mod's please move to the correct forum.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer - Natural News

A fish caught as part of an ongoing Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) seafood monitoring program recently tested at levels of 254,000 becquerels per kilogram (Bq/kg) of radioactive cesium, or roughly 2,540 times higher than the maximum legal limit of 100 Bq/kg established by the government for seafood.

more below.

www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 30-1-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So the next time i buy a box of fish fingers that say's "buy one get one free", i should be asking questions....

edit on 30-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That box of fish is far from fish my friend.....You should be asking questions now

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Futher in the article:

They plan to install an extensive series of nets beneath the surface of the waters surrounding the still-damaged plant, which will cover a radius of about 20 kilometers, or roughly 12.5 miles. This netting is intended to trap other contaminated fish and prevent them from migrating too far from the plant.

HUH????

Seriously

They may want to inform the fish outside the 12.5 miles, to come on back.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I knew they were lying when they said that it wouldn`t affect the fish, in fact I was astounded that they would insult my intelligence like that by saying something that was so patently false and they said it with a straight face on T.V.
I can only imagine what kind of mutated monster fish were created by all that radiation.They are out there lurking in the depths of the ocean right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And this is why I only eat processed foods, you tend to avoid things like this...

But in all seriousness, I hope the people of Japan are staying FAR away from all fish, sea food, ect... And just as a precautionary measure, I believe if you're on the West Coast of USA, think twice before eating that "fresh" fish restaurants and stores claim to have...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That box of fish is far from fish my friend.....You should be asking questions now

Should i speak directly into the box or defrost first.....seriously though, i know the Chinese are mad for their sushi...well that that then.....pre-cooked Fugu straight from the sea....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yummy...good way to build up that immunity to radiation!! Before you know it they'll be selling vitamins

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I knew they were lying when they said that it wouldn`t affect the fish, in fact I was astounded that they would insult my intelligence like that by saying something that was so patently false and they said it with a straight face on T.V.
I can only imagine what kind of mutated monster fish were created by all that radiation.They are out there lurking in the depths of the ocean right now.

GODZILLA!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Codzilla...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
These fools in TEPCO and Tokyo just don't get it...or they DO get it and want to help everyone else FORget it.

I'm sorry I can't find the graphic I made and I have no time to make another before classes today but Fukushima, at it's nearest point, had one of the blown reactor units TWO HUNDRED YARDS away from open waters in the Pacific. Not the breakwater, which worked as designed. No, if you look at a photo of Fuku with true north alignment, you're looking at the lower right corner where the Breakwater meets the beach and open beach/water begins running south. That is 200 yards from the reactor core of the nearest which blew up as I recall the numbers.

If you look at the footage of the reactor buildings exploding and use the towers which stand there as a general indicator for how HIGH the blasts were, I find it a no brainer to see that debris was blow directly INTO open water and now, sand/mud on the bottom.

Of course the fish glow in the dark for readings. They are swimming in and eating the remnants of spent fuel and other debris from the original explosions ...and I've never really heard TEPCO address the fact THAT part even happened. Not in any way to do justice to the threat it represents to the entire environment there.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

GODZILLA!!!

Yes~ LMAO!
Finally I get to see Godzilla.... I wonder do you think any of the worlds Military have a Mecha-Godzilla to battle it? EPIC! Maybe N. Korea?

Just sayin.... Should I get the Popcorn ready~? Tell me you don't want to see this! YOU CAN'T!!! Truth revealed~

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For my date, we went out for sushi in Tokyo, by the time we left we were glowing in the dark... Incredible the things they can do with food these days...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So with the OP, if this is the amount the radiation level has risen just in the immediate vacinity, then what do you think is being swept under the currents of the ocean to other parts of the world? Could that help explain the strange behavior we have been seeing with the fishies???

Why did the whale beach itself? It couldn't take the radiation... waka waka~ Sad and scary.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Originally posted by abeverage

GODZILLA!!!

Yes~ LMAO!
Finally I get to see Godzilla.... I wonder do you think any of the worlds Military have a Mecha-Godzilla to battle it? EPIC! Maybe N. Korea?

Just sayin.... Should I get the Popcorn ready~? Tell me you don't want to see this! YOU CAN'T!!! Truth revealed~

YES! Of course who hasn't I actually thought the movies were predicting the future! Now we need some bad-a$$ mechs like Pacific Rim!

Although I do honestly wonder could a mutation like that happen even??? Gigantism on a massive scale due to radiation!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Prefer Hadzilla myself! She's quite tasty is zilla and very active!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

It became whaley whaleoactive!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, I always wanted to be a superhero. Maybe I'll turn green and "HULK OUT!"

The really sad thing is, we won't know the full extent of the damage for years to come.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

When will the Japanese people see the the truth? They are for the most part sheep. They tend to follow and say nothing to upset the balance they hold so dear. You would think their kids futures would be enough to get them upset.

I don't blame the Japanese government anymore I blame the people. Foolish pride.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Maybe it's time for some sort of international action - ie all the power brokers, bankers and other invested interests to come together and get this under control somehow.

Nets???? Yeah, that band-aid will help...

I'm getting a callous on my forehead from all the face palming - sheesh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join