It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for my brother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
OH COME ON WITH IT ALREADY

I was hoping to read more

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Sorry, been very busy.

I will come back to this soon. After watching the news last night when I got home (big news day) , and caught up with soom TV recordings..jeeze no time left. .

Plus..I forgot were I left off..

edit on 31-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
A Telegram came by two Marines. ( I was called out of class at JEB Stuart High School) I was freaked out....(of course) and went home to my mom, she was upset, to say the least, ( at that time I thought..I will KILL as many gooks as I can) I thought also, "crap", it said in the telegram he was hit in his right arm an right leg..and would go to Japan for fix-up (long story short)..

Thats when I started to think about the "war that never ends" and such..

I forgot (after re-reading the above) we recieved two telegrams, the first one was wronge "said, he was hit in the face", then ..sometime later after my dad, who was still in the Marines did some checking, got the right information. (long story made short)

Damn, its killing my brain!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
That night, he told me, they were tossing grenades and screaming like nuts. The marines were calm and directing fire at the sounds. The gooks were droping an gave up before sun up.

Jump a head about two years, I was finished at my "Calif." college and with my Cinnamon Girl. I'm telling you the truth..just a while ago( on face book) I was contacted by the daugter of "the
Cinnamon Girl", but, that.s another story. Anyway I was off to "The Navy" !!

you asked my age...

Born late 1952.
Went in the Navy (after my lotto number came up #71) after I received my physical notice to go down town LA. I new I'd get that call from the Army. I recieve a 1A rate..went down to the Navy recruiter.

Might I be so bold as to ask of your age? Just so that I can read it with the appropriate voice in my head, up until here I've been using Scott Bakula.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow I totally thought I'd get to read the end since the OP was posted a day ago.

OP are you still thinking up an ending or something? I thought this was a factual account.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, with this new project I'm working on (as of yesterday) is taking to much of my time.

So, I'm gonna wrap this story up. So, I can get back to more easier stuff on this board. Jeeze..(this subject is to much right now) it would take forever..when I started it I had nothing to do.

Anyway, my brother after about eight weeks rehab., went back to "the Nam", and lasted about 6 months before getting wounded again.

This wound kept him out for good. He lost his "spleen" and that kept him out.

He recieved "two purple hearts and a bronze star with the "v" device.

He was a real hero!

To this day he still works for the government helping Veterans and I salute him and all Veterans!!

The End

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
Wow I totally thought I'd get to read the end since the OP was posted a day ago.

OP are you still thinking up an ending or something? I thought this was a factual account.

No, but it could be a very long story the way it was going! And, its true.

This was really about my brother and Vietnam vets. Many families went through this crap. It was (and still is) crazy times.

And, its really hard to write about. Any questions you can PM me

Ruff

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Good to finally get to know you a bit better. I always had a feeling that you had an interesting story to tell. Thank you for sharing all of this, I am still on page one but wanted you to know I am here and reading with interest.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks, its alot harder to tell than I thought it would be. I just couldn't go on to deep (it was messing with my head) plus, its hard to tell a "real story" and stay Anonymous. Know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So your brother went to Nam, got injured, went back and got injured again and now you are posting a tribute of sorts.

is that really the whole story? Maybe YouTube is a better place for tribute.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Maybe.

I've never posted on you-tube. Maybe, someday I will.

The thing about telling a story like this (on the fly) you think you remember things real clear, then later (when you wake up say) you remember something else in regards to a certain part. Like the above part where we recieved a telegram about him being wounded in "the face", he was mixed up with another wounded.

I'd only remembered that after I woke up the next day. Its very mental.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Okay so I'm not known for my patience. I'm known for my salsa.

Work it out man. Would love to hear more.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Good to hear your story and the posted music brought so much back. I'm a little bit younger and those days were seminal in my thinking as I tried to sort it all out in my young head.

Psst...are the buttholes that were posting here gone yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Good to hear your story and the posted music brought so much back. I'm a little bit younger and those days were seminal in my thinking as I tried to sort it all out in my young head.

Psst...are the buttholes that were posting here gone yet?

never! They will always be here! They are like the "Langoliers" (if you haven't read Four Past Midnight, do it !)

Anyway, I could tell "my tale", Aviation fleet prep school..The adventures of me and Bob (he was a buddy I got to know and we had some crazy adventures on the way to Veitnam) we were a a wreck in the making ...school started at 0600 and ended at 1500. We had weekends off (on yeah) me and Bob rented a Cadillac...Bob was from San Jose, I was from Orange #y Calif., we were ready..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I love this clip! My dad was a Gunny a Provost Marshal when my brother and I were in Guam. He told us both "do not get a Tattoo", to thhis day I don't have a Tattoo. My first love was Vickie Hale while we were stationed at Guam..I had my first kiss behind the out door movie theater..If i died now..that moment would make it all worth whiled.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Fast forward (to make things more interesting) I had a girl friend at Subic Bay, PI...her name was Sheila. I met her at the Malika Club, I was introduce to her (that was the way to go) after I saw her and her friends at the club I asked if I could talk to her. This song was playing.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
After fleet school I recieved my orders. Attack Squadron VA-215 USS Oriskany. I had not a clue. I was on my way (after two weeks leave) by air to the Philippines. But, my ship was not there. I was put on a troop ship until the time I could fly out to the USS Ranger was feasible. (from ranger to oriskany I flew after two weeks)

edit on 24-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: cat reminded me to flush

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
www.ebay.com...

That's my jet, right there

I was flown fom the USS Ranger by helicopter to the USS Oriskany.
edit on 24-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: feed the cat

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Crap..I forgot where I left off.

I called my mom today to see how everything is going (she's 82 annd my dad is 86 "retired jar head) I mentioned that I was doing a story on-line (they have no computer) and I'm really all over the place.

She said, did you mention about the time when we went to Guam and the plane engine caught on fire? I said, jeezzee, I forgot about that..I'm just winging it..

My brother had looked out the window (my dad got stationed to Guam we were on the way in a Military Air Transport Service (MATS) -and said, hey Mark, the engine is on fire!) and poked me.

We had 3 engines left so, we had to land on "Wake Island", it was very cool to go through that at 12 years old.

heres a trasprt plane thats much bigger..

and a cool song and movie clip.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Boy, after that post I had to put (you know what) this song.

After I got off the copter on the USS Oriskany (with 4 other dudes-man what a bunch of money they spent) I (we) were met by the some dude that had a big Mustache and he took us to the Island (inside to give us a "what the f--k, and such) ..

I was glad to be at my main station, and ready (ruff and ready) ha ha ha

edit on 27-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: jeeze my cat won't shut up

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join