It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese sinkhole swallows building complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, I have heard that China has been plagued with sinkholes as of late but this one has taken a building complex with it. I'm pretty sure no-one was injured but it would of been scary witnessing this event.

In China’s southern Guangdong province, an entire building complex crumbled and slipped down into a sinkhole. The hole opened up near a construction site, where workers were building a new underground train station to service Guangzhou, one of the country’s biggest cities. The first building collapsed into hole in the morning and the other three fell later that evening. The sinkhole is about 30 feet across.

There isn't much information but I guess the above pretty much sums it up anyway..

Chinese sinkhole

edit on 29-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: Spelling error in heading

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Notice the cop taking a picture of the guy shooting the video?
For a while, there seemed to be more of these, or at least more coverage.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is little to NO "red-tape" in China, that's why they get sh|t done in 2 weeks.

Donald Trump wants to build a bring to his island in New York but it said even with all the money and contractors up front, it doesn't matter. It will take 10+ years to get it approved after environmental and city investigation and approval.

NOT in China.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
nice

snf

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Am I correct that a 30 foot sink hole has swallowed 3 buildings?

Can not be very big buildings or a very big complex then.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
There is little to NO "red-tape" in China, that's why they get sh|t done in 2 weeks.

Donald Trump wants to build a bring to his island in New York but it said even with all the money and contractors up front, it doesn't matter. It will take 10+ years to get it approved after environmental and city investigation and approval.

NOT in China.

That's not a good thing though.
Big $$$ needs something to slow them down and hold them back.

Getting to just throw money around and get whatever you want asap is probably the reason China is the most polluted place imaginable.

I'm gonna have to say that "red tape" can come in handy to protect the community from rash decisions.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Huh..... My brother is actually in that city teaching English. I will see if I can find out any more info from him. I will update if he has anything relevant to add.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is it confirmed as a sink hole? it's a bit hard to get correct info. I'm saying that because that looks like a hill with low rise buildings in the background, and could be a landslide. That area, Guangzhou city, and elsewhere have had a lot of landslides recently. In edit you can scrap that, this BBC link is much as the Op's link,

www.bbc.co.uk...

I dare say that the subway construction might be more the culprit.
edit on 29-1-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

NOT in China.

That's not a good thing though.
Big $$$ needs something to slow them down and hold them back.

Getting to just throw money around and get whatever you want asap is probably the reason China is the most polluted place imaginable.

I'm gonna have to say that "red tape" can come in handy to protect the community from rash decisions.

That's the other half of my point.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Alot of bad things have been happening with china, i wonder why? Just seems a bit odd for it to happen in china and not anywhere else, could they be deliberately injuring themselves on purpose

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmm, lots of sinkholes happening all over the world lately. Kind of scary, if it's not fracking what is it?

top topics

join