It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Going to Crash Big Time

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Been hearing this type of garbage for years. Either crash or don't, already.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by cornucopia
Dr. Paul Craig Roberts thinks there is "an impending collapse of the exchange value," and the U.S. dollar could unexpectedly plunge in buying power. Dr. Roberts contends, "All of a sudden, people walk into Walmart, as usual, and they think they've walked into Neiman Marcus." Dr. Roberts says there are no quick fixes to the bulging debt because "there's no way to close this deficit when corporations are moving the tax base off-shore." Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Dr. Paul Craig Roberts

www.youtube.com...

i'm shocked too that this economy is going...

keep pumping out the money, lol...

money is an illusion...

paper with ink on it..

lol

numbers on a computer screen...

This doctor must not have hisDoctorate in economics! We're at 100% debt to GDP with an economy growing faster than the debt, percentage wise. On top of that, we're improving vs most other currencies. This guy is either ignorant, insane, or just a liar.

The Koolaid drinkers are still blissfully in denial. Our financial mess is 1000% more obvious than "Peak Oil" or "Global Warming", or any of this other bunk. It has cost middle class America their jobs, homes and lifestyle, yet we continue to vote these same idiots back in again and again to continue destroying our country. Anyone who would give an inch on our rights needs to be fired! The only satisfaction will be when all the lemmings that voted for this guy figure out what's really happening to them. How many times throughout history did the "Kings and Queens" spend the kingdom into bankruptcy? This time it's the royal politicians.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
Doing sll they csn to get u into gold st the top

I don't know if its about "you" (meaning TPTB against the little guy), but I don't think you're far off. I think *this*whole thing is the US and others playing economic warfare. Every time we do it, things look bad for the US on the surface, and in the end, the US comes out ahead. You can bet this one is about knocking China back, or at least slowing them down, and putting the EU in their place.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vtr99

Call it kool-aid drinking and denial if you wish, I call it not falling for the same BS over and over again for the past 30 years, when the evidence is there for anyone who cares to actually review it, that America is obviously NOT going to collapse. It didn't when Reagan was more than tripling the debt, and people were screaming about the end of America being the end result. Instead, we got the collapse of the Soviet Union, and drained Japan dry, to our benefit. We didn't collapse during the Bushes or Clinton as predicted. We had a crash during W Bush, but we've already traveled well down the road to recovery. The economy is growing, debt to GDP is improving...

"the blood they spilled, the gold they took...was always first the pawns" - Roger Clyne, Noisy Head

Its true, but we haven't seen it once through all of these years of dire predictions of collapse that collapse actually happens. Pawns take a hit, but if history (and current factors) are any indication, the US will win this economic war, and in the end, the pawns too will be better off.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This guy seems to think so, too: T.R. Fehrenbach

Our socio-economic system has had its day

There are a number of ways of “dating” history. The most popular is by centuries. “Eighteenth century” or “20th century” usually evokes some sort of vision or recognition for most of us. Another is by dynasties, as with ancient Egypt, or China and Japan (Qing, Meiji, etc.) when emperors were in fashion.

A more modern way to encapsulate history is by socio-economic eras. Thus we have “feudal society,” “mercantilism”, “industrial,” and “post-industrial,” most of which overlap but can still be defined.

Socio-economic systems are created by need or circumstance. The feudal system that developed in the West saved Europe from barbarians; however, the cure became almost as bad as the disease, giving rise to incessant warfare between the feudalities within a stifling social landscape. The rough and ready capitalism that rose from the merchant class marked a great social and technological advance. Industrialism solved many problems of scarcity, and post-industrialism — the welfare state— eased the ancient curse of socio-economic inequality.

But as they say, every dog has his day, and our present socio-economic compromise has run its course. Or more accurately, we have run it into the ground. It's not just capitalism that's in peril. The whole framework of ideas upon which our society is based is crumbling fast. Put it another way: Call the system “European,” and it's kaput. Our American “kicking the can down the road” practice, so outrageously demonstrated on Dec. 31, shows we're not far behind.

(click link above to read more)

AND...

Is the Best Thing to Jump off the Cliff?

This week I'm talking about money again.

Somebody has to, because the president, most of the Congress, and the Fed and Treasury jokers playing with it, seem not to understand that the once-almighty dollar is as much America as the Constitution and Mom and apple pie. I don't care if you're rich or poor, in business or unemployed: The value of the dollar dominates your life.

Not all Federal Reserve types agree with current political policy, including Richard Fisher, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Jeffrey Lacker in Richmond and Esther George in Kansas City. They believe that the Fed's monthly buying of $85 billion in Treasury bills in an effort to hold down interest rates is unsane. Nobody really believes this can be supported forever — but nobody dares say so. Politics, power and staying in office reign supreme.

Of course, the pols' concern with controlling interest rates is understandable. It is more than the silly notion that low interest rates guarantee increased employment. If interest rates go up, federal policy is derailed.

First, the easy borrowing that supports 44 percent of our current spending will vanish in increased costs to government. The value of the Fed's holdings of Treasury bonds ($2.6 trillion) will collapse, leaving it broke and bereft of options except to beg.

(click link above to read more)

He writes for the San Antonio Express - my folks actually cut these articles out of the paper to send them to me

edit on 1/31/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Been hearing this type of garbage for years. Either crash or don't, already.

hugs

i hear ya brother!

i'm all for big changes, i know we can run things in a much more fair and loving way..
edit on 31-1-2013 by cornucopia because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I like how people keep pointing out that prediction have failed this way and that.

Sure, of course they have - but, things are different now! How? you may ask?

The internet.

Information - you can no longer hide it. And, everyone has access to it.

edit on 1/31/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

yep...

internet for the win!

really

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by SuperTripps
Doing sll they csn to get u into gold st the top

I don't know if its about "you" (meaning TPTB against the little guy), but I don't think you're far off. I think *this*whole thing is the US and others playing economic warfare. Every time we do it, things look bad for the US on the surface, and in the end, the US comes out ahead. You can bet this one is about knocking China back, or at least slowing them down, and putting the EU in their place.

Market at 5 year highs and they are still trying to sell the doom and gloom and gold trade

Get out

Only buy silver on huge dips time is not right

Buy pms after months and months of deflation fears or when they drop 30-40% from here

They will crush pms soon and these spreads on apmex wont last

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
check this out...

The History of the “Money Changers”

www.iamthewitness.com...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join