It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California police look for ‘idiots’ who shut down busy highway by driving in circles: video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hi all
Sry if this has been posted I didnt see it

These guys are idiots, I swear I would drive my SUV right into all of them like it was a demolition derby
link

The California Highway Patrol hopes to locate a group of drivers who briefly shut down the I-880 near Oakland by doing donuts in the middle of the highway.

A YouTube video entitled “Idiots start drifting in the middle of the highway” showed about half a dozen tuned cars driving in circles and peeling out as traffic piled up behind them.

The stunt began at around 4 p.m. on Saturday and lasted for a few minutes. An unidentified man started shouting “Five-O” as police arrived and the cars all sped off

edit on 28-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
lol that was awesome! burning the rubber up!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
just some people having fun

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I doubt it will be hard to find them, especially the dude with the purple car and orange wheels.

I was actually impressed at the three cars circling managed not to hit anything. At least nobody's stuff was broken and if I were there I probably would have left pretty amused, though I can't speak for everyone, of course.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

Well its just as much fun doing it in a parking lot somewhere... Not on a busy freeway

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If some idiot did that next to MY car and risked MY property they would have more to worry about than the CHP.

I am all for a little driving fun, but risk your own stuff and leave me out of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yah... In a different world this was standard operating procedure. My generation invented "cruising". And made it illegal. Because we would tear up the city streets, racing our muscle cars all night long. I had a 68 Mustang with a 390 cu inch engine and Holly 750 "double pumper" carburetor. All the glass was blown out of my "mufflers" so you could hear me coming a mile away.

I did this too but in bowling alley and movie theatre parking lots at midnight on rainy nights.

Saves on tread...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Isn't it California that crushes the cars. Nice cars to be trashing if caught.

edit on 1/28/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What a bunch of morons. They would have no idea if there was an ambulance or other emergency vehicle that may have needed to get through, but was unable to because these morons were acting like kids.

The worst thing they could have done is filmed everything and then uploaded it from a personal computer or phone....IDIOTS.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

No. This is baiting.

A bunch of wankers stop somewhere and do something stupid in front of a group of people to attract attention.

Everyone calls the police and engages any LEO in the area.

Another group of wankers go on a crime spree knowing that local LEO's are engaged.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's a motorized flash mob! I wonder how many other cars in the video that weren't burning rubber were in on the gig too... for logistics?

I does kind of look like swamp gas though, or perhaps a lens flare

Nice Find OP

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Let's conclude: they just had some fun
(btw. the drifting is really lame, I know people who can do it better... I lived in Osaka and Yokohama. The street racing scene is amazing there)

I would be really annoyed if I had to use the highway to get to a meeting or something, but after all nobody got hurt and the guys had some fun.
Way better than the idiots who try highspeed races at night and put other people in danger.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Geez, what happened to the revolutionary spirit in America? All the time people calling for it on here but then cry foul when somebody burns a little rubber.

Hypnocrites.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Way better than the idiots who try highspeed races at night and put other people in danger.

Used to "hi speed" race at night. Till cops shut it down. Like they shut down the impromptu races people would have out side the city limits, safe from "hurting" each other.

The race tracks charge too much and won't license locals anyway so people went rogue and formed their own "agency". Now the cops have every place covered so they have to do it on the street. At least they blocked traffic.

If you want to go on a crime spree, you start a diversion by setting some dumpsters on fire at the other end of town. Not by uploading your car on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Next time these douches attempt this, it wil probably turn out much like one of the many saudi drift videos.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I suppose someone forgot to mention to the kiddies that most of California's Freeway system is under 24/7 camera coverage for traffic control and CALTrans maintenance monitoring....and those are mighty high resolution cameras they're using, whatever it looks like on the net. (The net only shows a small % of them anyway.
)

Ought to be good for jail time on the bunch of them,...but absolutely on the drivers. I don't see any humor there whatsoever. There could have been people on that freeway trying to reach a hospital for something or in some other form of distress that brought them out there. People may be surprised at how many highway closures I've personally been in with the truck over the years where that WAS a factor carried up and down the line across CB's and between truckers for help, if possible. It's often enough to call this incredibly reckless by that factor alone.

Take into account the pure arrogance and sense of entitlement that they can just close down a major freeway to 'play'? Well.. I hope they get at least a year for the variety of charges that stunt was good for.

It's cute in the movies. It's criminal in rel life and effects real people. IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was a dedicated Canyon (and track) motorcycle racer for over a decade. We followed a few of simple rules.
1. Be polite to other motorists
2. Pick when and where to play carefully (we avoided the weekends big time)
3. Wear lots of gear
4. Risk no lives other than your own.
5. Pre-run the damn road!

I am far from a hypocrite. I have played hard, crashed hard and been through more motorcycles than some have been through shoes.

There is a huge difference between having some fun and being an asshat. These guys were asshats, simple as that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wish I was their if I was I would have ran drove my car right into them. WOOO insurance!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd be a little miffed too if I was behind those idiots, but only if I wasn't close enough to watch.

At that point, you're just stuck in traffic.

Both dumb and entertaining!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It is still your responsibility to avoid an accident when possible. You would lose the case against the insurance company and likely face reckless endangerment charges. Sad ain't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join