It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.K signed up to the common market. Not the united states of europe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The common market started out as a free trade area (for goods). In 1970's. Over the last 30 year's many in the EU, particularly among the 17 countries that use the euro, are on a drive for closer unification,I think Europe's end-game has to be to resemble the United States of America. Countries would be so tied together in their economic and social fabric. Allready the the european commission has power to make law's in the U.K. The question is will us one day join the Euo. And if we do what dose that mean for our sovereignty.? And are leader's tell us eveything.?

edit on 28-1-2013 by donniered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by donniered

The UK joined the Common Market in 1973. It was not know as the EU at that time. However over the past 40 years various treaties have been signed by both Labour and Conservative Governments. These treaties are what the EU has evolved into today. The UK agreed to what was in those treaties (with a few opt out clauses) So therefore we are in the EU and all that it is like it or not. Unless we vote to come out.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by donniered
And if we do what dose that mean for our sovereignty.? And are leader's tell us eveything.?

Have you any sovereignty left over there?

You have watched your sovereignty be taken from you while remaining spineless, and all while directing your attention, time, and energy to the affairs of others, rather than minding your own issues and affairs.

Checkmate.

edit on 28-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I remember it like it was yesterday. Edward Heath said it was a common market to get rid of red tape for businesses, no longer would you need the mountain of paper work to move between countries.

Most people thought this was a good idea' having the free movement of goods.

But what he did not tell us was that he had signed up for, which is common knowledge now.

We were lied to, I was 16 at the time and never had a vote. Im 54 now and still not had a vote.

Every time whether it be Labour of Tories they promise a vote is re elected and it never happens.

Cameron says he will give the people a vote if he win the next election, he is a liar Uk people will never get a vote on this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The 'big three' parties are all the same,whether it be on Europe or their secret peadofile club,lying corrupt scum.
The only two parties who will take us out of Europe are UKIP or BNP so it is up to us the voter but only if we stop voting for the same old 'big three'.
edit on 28/1/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Originally posted by pavmas
I was 16 at the time and never had a vote. Im 54 now and still not had a vote.

Neither did we on this side of the North Sea... and we probably won't get a referendum, despite the demand for it.
We're historically tied to the EU due to our reunification.
All that remains for now is the hope you Brits lead by example, so one day we might be allowed to follow.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

he is a liar Uk people will never get a vote on this.

Correct.

Let's be quite clear: the EU is part of an undemocratic, anti-democratic world government conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by donniered

'The question is will us one day join the Euo.'

even if sterling and the 'euo' reach parity, i highly doubt the corporate-politico-set-monetary-policy club will allow brussels/stras to dictate the fiscal terms with regards to the uk. the erm put paid to swapping when sterling tanked through currency speculation.
all this talk of referenda on eu membership in my humble opinion is a deflection tactic to draw us away from the fact that the austerity package has strangled any chance of us recovering from recession and as we hum around our terminals government borrowing seems to be ascending through the roof.
with the financial transaction tax gaining popularity through the other member states, this will perhaps not bode well for a country that relies on financial products rather than a manufacturing/industrial base for a good chunk of gdp.
f(uk)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

lol
it is surprising just how similar the Brits are to you in the US in that respect

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by donniered
The common market started out as a free trade area (for goods). In 1970's. Over the last 30 year's many in the EU, particularly among the 17 countries that use the euro, are on a drive for closer unification,I think Europe's end-game has to be to resemble the United States of America. Countries would be so tied together in their economic and social fabric. Allready the the european commission has power to make law's in the U.K. The question is will us one day join the Euo. And if we do what dose that mean for our sovereignty.? And are leader's tell us eveything.?

You are 100% correct in your understanding of the situation. Thank you for bringing attention to this topic in an extreamly timly fashion.

originally written by Ronald Weinland

The Fifth Trumpet

The blast from the Fifth Trumpet will announce the emergence of a great political power and a great religious power on earth. The Biblical symbolisms contained in the description of the message from this trumpet blast are prophetically unique. Rather than having readers become bogged down with an overwhelming amount of Biblical study that serves no purpose here, I will simply give an overview of the meaning and outcome.

This trumpet will announce the first great “woe” on the earth.

The Final Rise of a United Europe

For over fifty years now, Europe has been moving toward a union of nations. It began in the early 1950’s with the vision of a stronger European economy being formed through the European Common Market. This finally evolved into a greater unification through the governing power of the European Union. There has been a constant driving force within Europe to unite under a stronger governing organization of nations. Over time, a core block of those nations forged a stronger bond by the adoption of a common currency—the euro. Political and even military consolidation has continued to press forward.

For over fifty years, God’s Church has foretold the rise of this united Europe, which would have a common currency, a military and religion (Roman Catholic Church), and would finally consist of only ten united countries.

For many years now, there has been a growing desire among many Europeans for the revival of an old Europe into a single United States of Europe, replacing and surpassing the United States of America as the predominant power in the world. Many in Europe are frustrated with, what they see, as too slow a pace in the progress of these goals. A bond of unity among some of these nations is becoming stronger, while their frustrations are mounting against those who are seen as slowing the process. There is deep resentment and growing bitterness toward these nations (especially Great Britain) who won’t join together for a stronger euro.

Germany will once again be the principal driving force behind a united Europe. As in the sixth revival of the Holy Roman Empire, which led into World War II, this seventh prophetic and last revival will lead into a full blown World War III. And, like a scorpion that strikes quickly without notice, a new United States of Europe will swiftly exercise great military power that it already has in its possession under the cloak of NATO. This will occur at a very specific moment in time.

Source:
www.the-end.com...

As you can see, God has also revealed what your observation concludes to be true. It will happen and the UK will not be a part of it's final incarnation. As a result of what transpires across the world regarding the US and UK, Europe will be able to accelerate this process as a reaction to the fall of the US dollar. It is right around the corner, it is a matter of weeks, maybe months; no longer years.

Great thread.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I remember when the UK first started signing on to the EU and one English chap pointed out ;"People need to remember that we've been at war with one part or another of that continent for a thousand years".

While that's not exactly true it's pretty close. In times of peace in Europe I stay nervous that sooner or later someone will say something stupid(or perhaps point out a very inconvenient truth) that will start an argument where the swords come flashing back out.

Where people don't trust each other trying to stand as close together as possible may not be a good idea .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

It's actually over two thousand years! (the Italians tried invading us in 55BC)

I think most people in Britain today would agree that being part of a European Common Market is a good idea.

I think 7 or 8 people* in Britain today would agree that being controlled by a Federal European Union is a good idea.

* well, there's always a few!
edit on 28-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its only "undemocratic" because thats how BritGov PLC wants you to see it. All EU Member States have a number of MEP's which are democratically and directly elected by their citizens. It's only the case of the UK where BritGov PLC decided to undemocratically directly appoint our MEP's on our behalf, rather than let us vote for them.

In any case, like it or not, we need the EU to survive. As a small country we cannot grow enough staples to supply ourselves with food, we have to import from the EU, which at the moment as an EU member state, we do so tax free. If we leave the EU, that tax free movement of goods would be ended, and prices of food would skyrocket.

Now some people would point to Norway and say they get free movement of goods, and are not a member state. Yes, that is true, but the UK would not be afforded that privilege. Norway gets it because Norway has something the EU wants, gas. We have nothing the EU want, therefore no bargaining chip. The EU holds all the cards, and they know it.

Just to point out, that we don't produce enough electricity for our own needs, and have to "import" it from France. Our power generation capacity is going to drop as well, as coal fired plants are shut down, and the new CGT (combined gas turbine) plants are not yet ready to go online. So if we left the EU, we'd have rolling blackouts, and hideously overpriced power.

At the moment, London is the EU's financial nervecenter, but considering finances are all done digitally these days, it wouldn't take them more than a week to relocate that to Germany if we left.

I don't like a monolithic EU superstate much either, I value my Britishness, but I do recognise the sad truth of it. They have us over an economic barrel, they know it, and anyone with a brain also knows it, and they are going to leverage it.

It does have some good points however, the EU forced the UK to adopt a formal Right of Free Speech. It blocked a number of unfair UK laws, such as the eternal retention of the DNA database, and many more.

Please bear in mind that most of the horror stories we hear about the EU, in the UK, is just government spin. The government has an agenda to leave, probably so it can apply various unfair laws that the EU blocked (speculation), and its making it your agenda by media spin.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

In any case, like it or not, we need the EU to survive.

No we don't.

We need a common trading block, which is what we had (the EEC) before it mysteriously decided to turn itself into soviet Russia.

There are so many things wrong with the EU it's hard to know where to start.

But thousand-year old democracies reduced to mere EU states

......is a no-go.

join