It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laptop's emitting 2Khz signal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have a small portable radio that has a very loud tone on many of it's Shortwave, MW, and LW frequencies....only in our bedroom. Can't pick up anything as this tone is blocking everything.

I picked up a Spectrum Analyzer and found out my laptop is emitting an inaudible tone at 2 Khz. ONLY when the laptop is placed in that room. I put it in any other room and nothing. My portable radio picks up all frequencies in SW, MW, and LW with no problem....

UNLESS that laptop is in the bedroom...then the portable radio has a loud tone at 2khz. Why's my laptop emitting 2khz so bad it's blocking the entire room from that portable radio working?

Anyone think they are using Laptops to emit 2khz to effect people's health??? According to the Spectrum Analyzer the 2khz signal is VERY powerful. I thought maybe its from the laptops wifi or something, but it doesn't emit the tone in any other room. It only "kicks on" in the bedroom.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Is 2khz not in the WIFI range?

My laptop goes up to 5 in duel band mode.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Wi-Fi in the 2.4 GHz frequency block has slightly better range than Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz frequency

Well its GHz but its still a radio frequency are you sure its not your WiFi?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That is very strange that it only occurs in the one room. What is different about that room to all the others? Could it be there are more mirrors that might say keep the signal from 'escaping' and reflect it back in or something?.... totally just guessing here of course but it is worth thinking what that room has that the others don't or that room doesn't have that the others do.
edit on 28-1-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: correcting appalling grammatical mistake - sheesh!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

If your laptop is equipped with built-in WiFi capability, then you answered your own question right there. Not everything is a conspiracy, ya know..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

There's nothing "magical" about a specific room, unless that room has other electronics or wiring in the walls affecting it.

Manipulating people's health you say? Wifi and Lithium batteries have already been shown to cause such things, and if you look out your windows, you will probably see a large 80s Sci-Fi looking mind control tower nearby.

Windows 8 spooks me out, and the fact that we can't seem to get away from ANY wifi, even if we wanted to, concerns me. If your Laptop is new, I'd suspect it's loaded with- "hazardous to your health" technology. The older the better when it comes to computers is how I feel. Most people spend way too much for overkill.

No pun intended.

edit on 28-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: always tyops

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I have a small portable radio that has a very loud tone on many of it's Shortwave, MW, and LW frequencies....only in our bedroom. Can't pick up anything as this tone is blocking everything.

I picked up a Spectrum Analyzer and found out my laptop is emitting an inaudible tone at 2 Khz. ONLY when the laptop is placed in that room. I put it in any other room and nothing. My portable radio picks up all frequencies in SW, MW, and LW with no problem....

UNLESS that laptop is in the bedroom...then the portable radio has a loud tone at 2khz. Why's my laptop emitting 2khz so bad it's blocking the entire room from that portable radio working?

Anyone think they are using Laptops to emit 2khz to effect people's health??? According to the Spectrum Analyzer the 2khz signal is VERY powerful. I thought maybe its from the laptops wifi or something, but it doesn't emit the tone in any other room. It only "kicks on" in the bedroom.

So the government is making your laptop emit a 2khz signal to affect your health, and they have a monkey on standby to turn it on when it enters your bedroom? You should read your post, there's no logic in it.

Perhaps there is an interaction with your radio .... or you can think they are wanting to ruin your health.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
yep. our laptops/wireless got quite wonky for a while back... until we replaced the corless phones system with the newer 5.4 Ghz freq.

worked a charm, and saved quite a bit of frustration, too

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Perhaps there is an interaction with your radio .... or you can think they are wanting to ruin your health.

They ARE wanting to hurt all of our health.
Have you been on the same Earth in the past 100 years?

Is it a secret at this point? Bill Gates admitting what vaccines & health care will do...
David Rockefeller's memoir quotes....
The Sodium FLuoride & Aspartame harm proof....
Wifi... Lithium batteries... GMOs... MS media... Vaccines.... cell phones.... etc....

I'm sure I'm just misinterpreting, no one can be that blind.

edit on 28-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

2 kHz can be a modulation/baseband signal. It could be as simple as noise from some of the capacitors in your laptop. They may be on their way out or inadequate shielding within may cause it. Strange how it only happens in your bedroom though?

If the room is small and your radio is in close proximity then it could probably pick it up.

If you're charging the laptop at the same time you may get noise, also if you have anything drawing USB power.

edit on 28/1/2013 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Its not Wifi, as someone pointed out your seeing 2Khz and Wifi is 2.4-2.5GHz.
It's most likely spurious noise of some sort, from the power supply or the screen.
Is it definitely emitting from your laptop though?

What happens to the signal if you;
turn off the wifi?
power the screen down?
hibernate the computer?
power down the computer?

What kind of Spectrum Analyser are you using?
What level is the signal? (I'll assume the analyser is within spitting distance of the laptop)

edit on 28-1-2013 by region331 because: rogue words

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

They ARE wanting to hurt all of our health.
Have you been on the same Earth in the past 100 years?

Is it a secret at this point? Bill Gates admitting what vaccines & health care will do...
David Rockefeller's memoir quotes....
The Sodium FLuoride & Aspartame harm proof....
Wifi... Lithium batteries... GMOs... MS media... Vaccines.... cell phones.... etc....

I'm sure I'm just misinterpreting, no one can be that blind.

edit on 28-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Well I am glad we solved that. There indeed IS a monkey waiting to push a button to turn it on every time he goes into his bedroom to destroy his health. Why his health is only hurt in the bedroom I don't know. Thank you for that.

link   
Okay, first I thought: "What? 2kHz unaudible? Thats normal speech-frequency..".
Then I got your point:

It's about the same as putting a mobile next to a UKW-radio, it will emit data which can be heard in the radio by "beepbeep beeeepbipbipbip".

You obviously have an interference-problem. It is caused by insufficient EMF-shielding in your notebook, or any peripheral devices (a mouse, the power converter, wlan-module, etc.). Something with your notebook emits low-frequency electro-magnetic waves in the 2kHz spectral area.

Possible solution: tape the open connectors at your notebook (lan-ports, printer-port, RS-232, etc.) shut with duct-tape, then put some tin foil over them - don't let that tin-foil come in contact to any metal parts of your notebook, otherwise it might very well brake down.

link   
I sleep within two feet of my laptop and it is always on. I have done this for years...that's
a slight understatement, I have done this since the days of dial-up when my first
laptop cost 1500 dollars.

The only obvious health effect is my eyesight went shot. I haven't been Ill or to a doctor
since the eighties.

And I have used WIFI since it first was introduced...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

it interferes with the signal.
It is just one of those things that happen with two networks...
same with mobile device.. if your phone rings or is looking for network it will interrupt the radio frequency.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I doubt your radio equipment can pick up ultra low frequency which 2Khz is part of.

WiFi (and cordless telephone, and microwave etc ect) use the 2.4 - 2.5Ghz band (and 5Ghz in some cases of WiFi), the 2.4-2.5 could be picked up by UHF capable equipment, but not the 5Ghz, again, it's doubtful your equipment can pick this (SHF) up.

So....... double check your signal interference and get back to us.
edit on 28/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
9 out of 10 times it normally a noisy switch mode power supply, cheap transformers.

If you have or any of your neighbors use PLT (power line transmission) then say good bye to any short wave listening.
This system uses your house wiring as a huge antenna and spurts wide banded signals along them.
This interference could effect you from the other side of the street.
Just search you tube for "plt interference" and see for yourself.
I hope you find out what it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
probably your components.

join