It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Eastern Riots Becoming Redundant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
An Egyptian court sentenced 21 people to death Saturday on charges related to one of the world's deadliest incidents of soccer violence, touching off an attempted jailbreak and a riot that killed 27 in the Mediterranean port city that is home to most of the defendants.

So maybe it's just me, and yes, maybe I'm spoiled as there is little strife in my little world. I know I cannot comprehend the anguish in that part of the world but..
Anyone getting tired of these Egyptian riot headlines? I'm beginning to feel disappointing in the whole lot of them.
It's gotten to the point that they riot for rioting sake.
Again this seems selfish, but they're making themselves (imo) look foolish now.
Get it together Egypt!

edit on 26-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You didn't link your source - I'm guessing it may be this one..

27 die in Egypt riot after soccer violence verdict

The article gives the reason for the riots.

The violence in Port Said erupted after a judge sentenced 21 people to death in connection with the Feb. 1 soccer melee that killed 74 fans of the Cairo-based Al-Ahly team. Executions in Egypt are usually carried out by hanging.

Die-hard soccer fans from both teams, known as Ultras, hold the police at least partially responsible for February's violence, which was the world's worst soccer violence in 15 years, saying officers at the game did nothing to stop the bloodshed. They also criticize Egypt's President Mohammed Morsi for doing little to reform the police force or the judiciary since he took office in July.

The opposition says Morsi, Egypt's first freely elected and civilian president, and his Muslim Brotherhood allies in government have failed to restore stability amid continued political turmoil and crime, and point to a worsening economy.

In a statement Saturday, the main opposition National Salvation Front said it holds Morsi responsible for "the excessive use of force by the security forces against protesters." They threatened to boycott upcoming parliamentary elections if Morsi does not meet their demands that include amending articles in the new constitution.

The riots are aimed at Morsi and his government. There is a decent sized segment of the population there that is *not* happy with him in the least.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I gather that much, but they were rioting against the other fella in power as well before the muslim bros took over. And something tell me that they would riot if Oprah was in charge as well. (actually I know they would lol)
riot riot riot. yay!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

It may be a case of them being upset because the new boss is turning out to be pretty much the same as old boss in many ways. Which does kind of bring up the question of "What did they think was going to happen if they put this guy charge?!" But, that could be asked of many elections in many countries...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Middle east of today is like Europe post-WW1, In fact I think this whole thing is leading up to a war much like how events in Europe led to WW2

top topics

join