It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Or are the movies they're putting out really sucking to the max? I mean all I am seeing is a bunch of garbage coming out of Hollywood lately, and most of it is propeganda BS like Zero Dark Thirty...WHAT? Crazy it's like they put out a decent movie maybe once every 6 months (if we're lucky) Why all the stink bombs and political farts in the wind movies?
edit on 25-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: because I hit enter instead of tab.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yes.
Yes it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Or are the movies they're putting out really sucking to the max? I mean all I am seeing is a bunch of garbage coming out of Hollywood lately, and most of it is propeganda BS like Zero Dark Thirty...WHAT? Crazy it's like they put out a decent movie maybe once every 6 months (if we're lucky) Why all the stink bombs and political farts in the wind movies?
edit on 25-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: because I hit enter instead of tab.

Yeah, it's starting to suck. You can tell when they remade spider-man after having 3 other movies prior to it. This is the age of remakes, because they ran out of original ideas.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No its not just you.
Practicaly everything in the cinemas or on tv carries messages designed to guide the sheeple.

Its very rare for me to be able to sit and watch a movie without thinking....here we go again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You are correct for the most part....

That movie is going to be worth the wait I think.

The rest....

Even Star Trek Into Darkness is going to suck beyond the 1st viewing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Bullet to the head"..... The new Stallone movie comes out in February.
1. what an original, well thought out title

B. With all the gun talk and such, this is a great irony

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've said for a long time, that Hollywood has lost imagination. Especially when they make remakes of remakes

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What is the last movie you thought was really good?? I can uasally sit through anything, I tend to like movies that other people do not. One thing I can point out is if you have to think America hates it, meaning leaving the ending or some of the plot for interpretation is the worst thing you can do.

I tend to like that type of Movie.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Could be because all the REAL ACTION is taking place in the "GREAT THEATER" of war right now.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

What is the last movie you thought was really good?? I can uasally sit through anything, I tend to like movies that other people do not. One thing I can point out is if you have to think America hates it, meaning leaving the ending or some of the plot for interpretation is the worst thing you can do.

I tend to like that type of Movie.

The last movie I really enjoyed was Inception.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There are a few good movies out there. Maybe some of you guys have time on your hands and end up watching them all to the point where it because hard to find new movies, I know I do.

Skyfall, Flight, Here Comes The Boom, Touchback, Hit and Run, Seven Psychopaths, Taken 2, Argo, Looper, The Veteran, Death Race 3, The Lincoln Lawyer are all good movies and I'd recommend you all to watch them.

If there isn't any movies out there for you, turn to Tv shows. There are a few out there that are better then movies themselves such as Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Prison Break, Person of Interest, and Californication. Lot's to catch up on if you haven't seen these, and you will be kept entertained.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
2012 was an amazing year for movies. We had:

Jiro Dreams of Sushi
The Raid: Redemption
Cabin in the Woods
Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
Moonrise Kingdom
Searching for Sugar Man
Looper
Safety Not Guaranteed
Killer Joe
Lawless
The Master
Argo
Seven Psychopaths
Wreck-It Ralph
Django Unchained
Lincoln

And that's just out of the ones I've seen and I enjoyed. There's still probably 10 from last year I haven't seen. 2012 was an insane high water mark for film in this century.

Here's something to remember: movies have always been bad. Always. Movies seem better in the past because we forget about all the mediocre and bad movies. Those don't survive because there's no reason for them to. So, looking back into the past it seems like it's hit after hit. But it wasn't. Movies have always been cranked out to make money and they've always been bad with a gem or two here and there. If movies seemed better when you were a kid, that's because you were a kid.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Movies have sucked for past twenty years and you just noticed? OMG

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not to worry, they are working on Star Wars #7 and Star Trek #?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
UNflagged.

Because after many hours you don't see "good" when it stares you in the face.
And you don't acknowledge real imitation talent.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Try indy productions ,you'll find little gems.

Big Hollywood studios are working mainly for the money,so you will rarely see a mind blowing movie nowadays. Depends of course what genre you enjoy,but as a movie lover i always find something good to watch.It needs a little more searching.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It's so awful...but it's true

Movies lately have been deplorable. The writers are simply regurgitating the garbage over and over again. Why so many Snow White movies? Is this the cycle of the crappy fairy tale movies? (Hansel and Gretel)

I did watch Cloud Atlas recently after overlooking it a few times. It was a good movie a nice make you think movie, not an explosions in your face every 10 seconds, eye candy fest.

I've taken to looking for small independent films like this one. Damn shame it's not a full movie.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I didn't care for inception....the last movie I enjoyed was Prometheus(Which a lot of people didn't like). I have noticed that foreign horror movies blows ours out of the water. [REC] is a perfect example. Also I have been watching a lot of Independent Films, which they have been surprisingly good. I enjoyed The Women.

I have been finding more TV that I enjoy than movies with Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Boardwalk Empire, News Room, I can keep going.....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thalestris
Movies lately have been deplorable. The writers are simply regurgitating the garbage over and over again. Why so many Snow White movies? Is this the cycle of the crappy fairy tale movies? (Hansel and Gretel)

It's not the writers fault. No writer is sitting around writing a re-make of Leprachaun hoping to sell it to a studio. Studios decide to re-make movies and then find a writer. There are so many Snow White movies because studios want so many Snow White movies. And when an executive comes to a writer and asks them to write a bad movie they're going to take it. Because it's a job. People need money and to get money you usually have to do things you wouldn't necessarily be doing.

And really the quality of movies is the fault of the public. Studios makes movies to make money. If people weren't going to see these movies they wouldn't be making them.
edit on 1/26/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thalestris

That was good, the one thought that I had was "Battlestar Galactica-Meanwhile in another part of the Universe"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join