It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush stay on no matter what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just want to ask everyone out there if they think Bush will win no matter what it takes.

There are a lot of strange things going on out there at the local level that seems to suggest cheating on the Republicans part. Third party candidates have been pretty much nulified and the only getting very much air time is the one that will hurt the Democrats the most. The attack ads from both sides get dirtier and dirtier. Both sides have a Legion of Lawyers waiting to contest the election.

How many think Bush will try to retain power even if it takes another "attack" to declare Martial Law?

I know I have been suprised that Bin Laden hasnt been "found" here at the end of the race, and still might.

I think it will stop short of this but how many dont?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If justice matters, then Bush's political career will finish with him in prison. It is not sufficient to remove this administration and consider the cancer is cured.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For one thing, he can't just "stay on" and refuse to leave office. His term of office expires one hour before the inauguration ceremony. The President is actually inaugurated in a private ceremony incase something happens at the Capitol building.

I don't think he'll do anything it takes. He better go quietly into the night like poppy bush did.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If Kerry has anything to say about it, Bush won't win. Kerry has his hundreds of lawyers ready to pounce on any foul play.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
For one thing, he can't just "stay on" and refuse to leave office.

I never said he would. Believe it or not even I know that he cant just say I'm not leaving and hancuff himself to the desk....LOL

My question was would he DO anyting it takes to stay on.

Like rigging the election or another "attack" to give him a chance to declare Martial Law. If you will remember the LAST election was suspect.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If Bush loses he will pack up and go back to Crawford Texas. He will not stage an attack or fix elections or declare martial law.

Kerry, on the other hand, will stop at nothing to win. There is no way that he will lose gracefully. He will do whatever he has to do to ensure that he is victorious. Just my opinion but I honestly believe that there is no way that Bush will remain in the white house even if he wins the electoral votes this election.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hahahaha! I love that. "Bush will leave peacefully, but Kerry will kill every baby it takes for satan to grant his wish!" Jem baby, don't have a heart attack.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Just my opinion but I honestly believe that there is no way that Bush will remain in the white house even if he wins the electoral votes this election.

And how exactly do you see this happening?

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I don't think he'll do anything it takes. He better go quietly into the night like poppy bush did.

Seems to me a double standard is expressed here as the Don Juan of a president did not go quietly into the night. Lets see I remember that first they trashed the whitehouse and executive building then carried on with an all day tearful farewell - the speech to the military wishing good riddance was especially touching to me. Goes to show that ya cain't remove the trash from the trailer no matta how edgmacated they are.

If Bush loses the electorial vote in an election that is not marred with egregious fraud by democrats then I think he will have the class (so sorely lacking by his opponents) to step aside.

If there is just the normal amount of fraud by the democrats then I don't think you'll hear Bush himself complaining because he above all cares about the country over and above the power of the office.

Kerry on the other hand IMHO will pitch a fit no matter the level of a Bush victory - he and his campaign have as much as said so.

If there is any honor in defeat you will see it from Bush, but by no means from Kerry.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
There are a lot of strange things going on out there at the local level that seems to suggest cheating on the Republicans part.

I have been truly amazed at the level of cheating and fraud being perpetrated by both the Big Two over the last couple of weeks. I think there are allegations in what - 4 or 5 states now.

But you know Amuk - maybe it's for the best. Maybe in four years this country will finally pull its head of the sand and look to third party candidates as a real and viable option.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
But you know Amuk - maybe it's for the best. Maybe in four years this country will finally pull its head of the sand and look to third party candidates as a real and viable option.

I think this will be the "silver lining"

I cant speak for the entire country but I myself have seen to much from BOTH parties to even extend them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

They have done such a great job of exposing each other that I dont see how ANYONE can trust either party.

top topics

join