It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Sen. Ben Nelson heads to K Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Hill

The former senator has been named CEO of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). He will be the group’s chief spokesman and primary advocate in Washington. NAIC is made up of state insurance regulators and helps coordinate their oversight across the country.

Just retired Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) has received quite a pay upgrade. As a Senator his salary was $175,000. His new salary at (NAIC) will be $950,000.

Regulatory my ass. We're so adept at changing the meanings of words in this country why don't we simply change the word regulation to mean:

Do whatever the hell you want and here's a get of jail free card, just in case we there's a law we didn't take the teeth out of.

Regulation has become a word that literally means nothing, it is simply a tissue that these vile pigs use to wipe away their fake tears about how hard it is to do business in America... well maybe it means something to small business (actual small business, not what the GOP and WSJ consider small business) that can't seem to get a foot hold in any area already claimed by mega corporations.

This is a lobby position... CEO of lobbying.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in The Hill (yeah I know they're D biased but this is ridiculous) a complete fluff piece. They didn't tack this on til the end:

The former senator has not said whether he plans to register as a lobbyist, but he will be barred from lobbying Congress for the next two years under ethics rules.

I wish these traitors would live wherever their money lives and stay the hell out of America. How's that for a new law?

new topics

join